Occidental College's beautiful campus in Los Angeles serves as a springboard for putting theory into practice. In more than 40 majors and minors, students benefit from a small-classroom environment with stimulating faculty. Our distinctive approach offers a chance to explore new ideas, and the academic rigor on campus is enhanced by internships and partnerships across L.A. Consciously collaborative, our students seek to embrace difference and make a difference in the world. Occidental is reinventing the liberal arts and sciences for a new generation of problem solvers, creators, and thinkers.
Occidental College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.27 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.33 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.34 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.40 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.18 responses
Occidental College Reviews
The small size creates a community where the professors know more than your name, they know and care about your learning style and mental health. I love going to class knowing it won't just be a huge lecture, I can expect dynamic discussions where my voice will matter and I can grow by interacting with my professors and classmates.
Overall, I would recommend Oxy to anyone who wants a liberal arts experience mixed with the opportunities that can only be found in a global city like Los Angeles. It is a truly amazing place that I am grateful to spend four years.