Oakland University is ...
NCAA Division I (without football)
Oakland University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.142 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.154 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.154 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.167 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.208 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.118 responses
Oakland University Reviews
I love Oakland Iniversity. The staff and students are all so very friendly and helpful. If you have a question about anything, there is always someone here to help you out. The Honors College staff are exceptional and extremely helpful. It doesn’t matter how busy they are, they always make time for you and make you feel important. The informational session for the Honors College was so helpful in helping me make my final decision to attend here at Oakland University. Everyone here is so approachable and kind. The classrooms are very nice, not to mention the Oak View Honors dorms! This is a beautiful building and has very nice dorms. This is my new home and I cannot say enough about how much I love Oakland University.
The campus is thriving! Everything is up to date and tech savvy. Buildings are continuously being built, the campus is so beautiful. The only downfall, especially when I was commuting, was the parking. They recently built another parking structure though. Academic life was far from easy, some teachers were amazing, some were ok. Dorm life was fun, the OC is a great place to meet people. The library was my second home for a while because of my class load. The quiet floor was always the perfect place to study and the study rooms were great for group projects.
I lived on campus, and I truly feel this is the best way to experience Oakland. There is a true community feeling, there's always a friend somewhere on campus, and the students are really focused on doing the best they can at succeeding! The professors are genuinely interested in their students and are very, for lack of a better term, real to their students about the requirements to pass their classes. I loved every minute of my time here!