Oakland Community College Reviews

I have completed two Associates degree form Oakland community college and have had a tremendous experience, I would surely refer other people to join for saving and excellent academics.
I been attending the school for almost 2 years. The teachers are very helpful and care about the students
Great college to see if you would like to go further with your education. I was a returning student after 20 years and it was the perfect place for me to restart my education. OCC honored all of my credits from 20 years prior. I have since transferred to Oakland University and OU transferred 100% of my OCC credits. There are some extremely dedicated and talented professors at OCC at an affordable cost.
Start Your Review of Oakland Community College
It’s a great atmosphere, with good knowledgeable Proffessors. Very good Paralegal program and culinary arts programs. The best campuses are Royal Oak, Orchard Ridge, and Auburn Hills.
I'm a student at a traditional university who was hoping to take some gen ed courses this summer. I experienced so many problems with OCC that I've decided to take the courses at a different community college.
The registration times for classes are between 7am - 11:45 pm. If you try to register for an online course, you have to take a 3 business day-long session to prove that you are ready for online classes. (I've taken 2 online classes at my university, but that didn't matter to OCC.) To top it all off, when I tried to sign up for classes, I was told that I needed to take the new student orientation quizzes. At the end of it all, I didn't get into the classes because they were full. After 4 weeks of this, I'm going to a different community college.
I have been going to OCC for more than a year now. Have encountered many great professors and overall environment is really good. Very cot-efficient as well.
I started this to go here right out of high school, I was scared and I did not know what to expect. However, I had a great experience at this school. The teachers were excellent, food was awesome, atmosphere was amazing as well. The classes that I took at this school really did help me in not only my goal to graduate, but my goal to succeed in my life. As well as learn new things that I may not have known, and refresh the things that I did know. I went to the Southfield campus and the Orchard Ridge campus and I absolutely loved it. I could not have ask for a better place to start.
Excellent teachers and facilities. Very low cost alternative if you are transferring, or only pursuing a two year degree. Do not expect a vibrant social scene here, there isn't one. If you are only here to learn and save money, you will enjoy it. If attending expecting to become any kind of "college scene" you will be very disappointed.
I have met so many great people and have been taught some of the greatest professors! Coming here as a freshman was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I loved attending OCC.
I’ve been at Oakland community college for 8 years. I never feel like the staff don’t care about the student. I love how the professors interact with the students and are very informative on the lessons. I feel comfortable reaching out when ever I feel like I am behind in a class. There are many opportunities to excel at this college. They have free tutoring for the students and they are very helpful. They also have ways that you can be active in the school and provide jobs for all the students. I always recommend OCC to new students and tell them to never be intimidated, you’ll do just fine and you will love it.
The teachers are eager to help you learn. The campus is very pretty and there are many ways to get help, including the councelors.
The price is awesome compared to all the 4 year colleges but I do feel Oakland Community College professors don't seem to put their best foot foreword. The professors seem to slack in how they prepare their students for exams and aren't looking for the students best interest. the campus always seems to be a little bit too dirty especially in the restrooms. I would love to see OCC have professors a tiny bit more involved in what they are teaching instead of teaching behind a full on generated course made online.
Oakland Community College is straightforward. People are theres to get an education that is cheaper but still great. Most people go there to get their GenEd's done and transfer somewhere else. And OCC does a great job of having almost all their classes transfer to any college. Overall my experience has been great but it could improve in how social everyone is. But again, not everyone is there to make friends.
I like OCC because of the small size. Classes are small, which allows for more one on one time with professors. The cost is more affordable than most four year universities. You are able to get a good education without leaving school in massive debt. I also like that there are several campuses so most of your classes are fairly close to your home.
I enjoy going to OCC, everyone is very friendly. The teachers are very good and can help you with any problems you have.
I love how the classes work around your schedule. There’s always parking close to your building/classes. It’s a community college; so there is no dorms or on-campus living. It is a lot cheaper than going straight into a 4 year University to start off.
Oakland community college is a great and convenient alternative for those who are trying to save money when it comes to attending college. There are multiple campuses which makes commuting there all the more convenient. The classes are great and the teachers are really great as well.
Start Your Review of Oakland Community College
Great for starting your academic career. Lots of support systems and good teachers. The campus is really confusing (Orchard Ridge) but it's not hard to get used to.
I like that the classes are smaller so it’seasier to connect with the instructor. I would like to see them have more scholarships available for students.
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................