Oakland Community College Reviews

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
It's a very nice campus with a variety of classes. The professors were also very helpful, attentive, and informative with the teaching. It's very easy to get accepted into the school and the administrators make sure that you have everything you need to move forward in the next semester. My academic advisor guided me when I was struggling with my major and her suggestions really made it easier for me to decide on what I really wanted to do. The only thing about this school is they were lacking in more advanced language courses. I am an linguistic/global studies major and I only took one Arabic course that year. The second was not available for the next semester. I also was not able to test out into a higher level because there wasn't any available as in other language courses. Overall, this school is very good. The only thing that would be nice is if they not get rid of certain enjoyable courses.
I’ve been going to OCC for over a year. There are different campuses in different locations in Oakland County which makes it more accessable to students.
Start Your Review of Oakland Community College
I've had an amazing experience attending Oakland Community College for the time that I've been attending. Every instructor I had were amazing and the counselors were always so willing to help me with almost anything. I love how they have multiple locations and I could attend/register for classes at any of them. I've been to the Royal Oak, Southfield, and Orchard Ridge campuses and I loved them all! Great school and i'm so glad I decided to go here before attending a 4 year college.
Oakland community college is an excellent school. I cannot recall a negative experience I've had throughout my years at OCC. Signing up for classes and paying my bill was always a breeze using MyOCC website. All counselors I've met with were extremely helpful. Lots of locations make it convenient. I am very excited to start my program at OCC.
Great school, I would definitely recommend it for any one coming out of highschool that needs a little help getting ready for University.
Oakland Community College is a great school to attend for people who simply want to get the general classes out of the way. If your career field is in Communications then you wont find this school the right choice for you.
OCC is an okay community college. They have extracurricular activities and a nice cafeteria at the auburn hills campus. Unfortunately they have a limited selection of classes, class times and professors. Anything after Calc or bio 1 or Chem 1 they only have like 1 or 2 professors and all scheduled at the same times so impossible to take multiple classes.
Oakland CC, CAN BE VERY CHALLENGING. JUST USE TH INFORMATION TO PREPARE YOU FOR A UNIVERSITY. PROFESSORS ARE TOUGH, WITH AN ENJOYABLE LEANING EXPERIENCE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ATTENDING THE ROYAL OAK CAMPUS, HAS MORE VERITIES AND A BETTER ENVIRONMENT. DO NOT TAKE CLASSES WITH MR. VOLLBACH!!!!
Here at Oakland Community College I have found it to be a great school to go to if you are are not ready for a University, cannot afford to attend one yet, or are planning on finishing up a degree. Every professor I have crossed paths with is always open to help, and they all try their hardest to make information easy to learn. The staff is always open to help. The student are all friendly and contribute to a great learning environment.
i got what i expected and i am prepared to graduate because of it. i hope to transfer to a real college after
Oakland Community College is a great place to start your college experience. The school has small size class which helps you focus better and able to be notice by your professor. The school is very diversity in race . You get to meet new people that’s different than you. Even though this college doesn’t have dorms it’s easy to find apartments nearby in a good neighborhood.
I like that the classrooms are small so you don't feel like the teacher wont pay attention to you. A change I would like to see is better teaching methods from the teachers.
I didn’t attend Oakland Community College yet, but I have visited their Orchard Ridge Campus and Auburn Hills and their environment is very friendly. My older sister did attend and graduate front there in 2013 and she told me great things about the school. How the professors were willing to help with anything you need. They have great clubs that you can participate in also.
Seemed just as if I was still in high school. All the classrooms look just like high school. Easy classes, easy to pass. Professors are easy to work with. Class sizes are very small.
I love how Oakland community college has a comfortable feeling as soon as you walk in. College can be really scary and it's a new huge experience for incoming college freshmans but Oakland community college is a safe, exciting, and a good place to get a good education.
I've attended all of Oakland Community College's campuses and I've enjoyed the Royal Oak location the best. Each location has it's own individual personality. I've also come across multiple faculty members that have gone above and beyond to help me with my study habits. Overall, this community college has impacted my life for the better and I'd recommend it to anyone graduating high school in the near future.
Start Your Review of Oakland Community College
OCC is a great school for it to be a community college. They thrive on transfer rates for students seeking to go to a 4 year accredited university.
I attended OCC the first three years of college. I was a high school graduate from outside the U.S, so transitioning to a college back into the U.S was a nervous but necessary step. Adapting to the new life as college student required to make her own schedule, in addition to learning how to adult was initially very intimidating. I quickly found myself, however, adapting to my surroundings, as I wasn't anxious anymore. OCC eased the process for me; the councilors, teachers, student body, & administrators were all very thoughtful & caring. I became very fond of the school, recommending it to anyone considering going to a community college first, rather than straight to university. Its resources also opened doors for me: I became a Student Ambassador for a year, & a SI Leader the other. My years at OCC have opened my eyes to the future I want to have, as a pre-PA, while allowing me to experiment and take fascinating classes (such as astronomy) I've always yearned to take.
The staff is extremely nice and caring. The ability to go in during the professors office hours is nice considering their not at absurd hours of the day, and are always willing to help. The tutoring I've used a lot mostly for math and chemistry.