Oakland Community College Reviews

Oakland Community College is a great starter school for students looking to save money and get their gen-ed requirements complete before transferring to a four-year university. Academics are good. Most professors are very nice and caring, they want their students to do well. Student life is pretty diverse and growing rapidly. The campus food is better at some of OCC's campuses compared to others, but overall not too bad for a community college. There is no housing or party scene to comment on because this is a commuter college. Financial aid and the counseling office kind of suck. They are not very friendly and it can take a lot of time and quite a bit of fighting to get through to them if you come across an error or issue. That's the biggest annoyance that exists to be honest. Of course each campus is located right in the heart of each town so there is a lot to do and places to go with only a short walk or drive!
OCC was available anytime, the professors work with you and if you try and give they won't give up on you! There's nothing I would not change I think it's the best school ever to start off in your freshman year. Well worth it!!
I like how the counseling department was extremely nice and helpful. The campus is a nice size and the food is great. The class sizes are a decent size also making it easier for students to get more one on one help with professors if needed. Overall I've had a great experience at OCC.
Review Oakland Community College
The staff has made my time at Oakland Community College very memorable. I got back into studying and communicating with those around me. The professors are outstanding.
I am about to finish my first year of college and it's been a breeze. Going into a University right after High School can be kind of nerve wrecking and more stressful. It's a good thing that 2 year colleges exist. There are smaller class sizes and you can get a lot of help from your peers and professor while in class. Not to mention it's really affordable. The teachers are great, the building is great, the staff really cares about helping you find the right path for you. My experience at this college has been a good one and I'm glad I chose to enroll here.
I have only been here a year and it is an okay school. It's a great place to start though! My main complaint is that the people who work in financial aid are very rude and act like coming to them is a waste of their time.
I went to Oakland Community College for a year and a half. The teachers are great, very helpful, and committed to having each and every student succeed! The campus police are incredibly kind. There was one time I had a tier fall off when I was trying to leave and one of the officers sat with me until my parents could come get me and then continued to stay and help when we were trying to fix the tier. He sat and helped us until midnight. Unfortunately the school in a whole is not very committed to keeping their sports programs. I ran cross country while I attended, I loved all of the coaches I had, but the person in charge of all the sports programs, did more for most of the other sports. For example, the softball and golf team both went on a spring break trip for "conditioning" to the southern states. Whereas, when the few of us on the cross country team who qualified for Nationals, were unable to go due to the school not having enough money for us.
I was lucky enough to have some great professors. The credits from this institution transfer to every school you would want to go to and they have a variety of courses to take and degrees and certificates to earn. They are located in multiple locations which makes it easy to attend school no matter where you reside. They also offer online courses and are in the process of expanding their online programs. They also offer courses for every semester so it's even easier to finish your general education credits and move on to a university sooner. They used to offer free printing everywhere but stopped a few years ago and raised tuition anyway. You can still use the free printing in the counselor's office. They have a nice sitting area near the school cafeteria which I regularly used while waiting out the long breaks between my classes. Community colleges have a bad rep, but this one is good and will help you go far with the right course of action.
I liked the professors most at Oakland Community College and the resources that the college had to help students
Great environment. Small classes and nice campuses in different areas. Overall a great community college
My experience at Oakland Community College has been average. I have found that some campuses offer a lot more resources than others. For example, I do take advantage of out-of-class tutoring and events. At one campus, I am able to get extra help for 3 of the classes I am taking. At another campus, there are zero resources outside of class.
I like how you can have a one on one with your teachers it made it much easier for me to excel this semester
After finishing my 1st semester and attending classes at 2 different campuses, it has been a great experience!
The professors at Oakland Community College are a hit or miss. They either are the best professors or they know nothing at all; something I wish I could change about the consistency rate.
Teachers are well accredited, and small classes makes it so easy yo understand everything. the building is very nice and updated. they provide alot of useful resource for students. highly recommend.
The curriculum I've encountered so far has been very reasonable. I have not had much hassle or frustrations.
So far I'm enrolled in my first online class. Its great, I love it. It is a completely different way of learning and I think its one of the best for me.
Review Oakland Community College
I haven't had any interaction with these offices personally but from what I've been told they are reasonable.
The professors are very helpful and are willing to help students and work with them when the student puts in an effort.
I haven't started the courses for my degree program yet. I needed to start with my associates in applied science. So far the associates in applied science courses I'm taking are very helpful and I've enjoyed them.