Northwestern University Reviews

1,280 reviews
Excellent university. Smart kids, beautiful campus, and great opportunities. Probably the best school in the country.
Northwestern is definitely an opportunity rich school, and only greatness lies ahead for any student planning on attending the university.
So far, my experience has been all good. They are organized and they communicate well and in a timely manner.
Start Your Review of Northwestern University
NU is a great school but can take a toll on your mental health. Winter is rough and the competitive nature of the students here can be a lot to deal with. It's still the best choice I could have made for college & will definitely help me get a great job in the longrun.
It is a beautiful campus with a very diverse student body. Professors are welcoming. This is an amazing school to go to.
Northwestern University is a well-funded and competitive school with brilliant students and professors. While the quarter system does add to the stressful environment of college, students are able to access several resources that may help them in their studies.
I love the different dorm options, their engineering program, and freshmen opportunities. It is difficult to be admitted, but as long as you are very personal and specific with your essays, you will have a good shot.
I enjoyed Northwestern University. I attended the School of Education and Social Policy, and I was surrounded by supportive peers and faculty. Due to their teachings, my career goals evolved and Northwestern easily accommodated these changes. It is true, what they say about NU being a bubble. Very few students venture outside of Evanston's borders, and even fewer visit the less affluent parts of town. We may learn about our privilege here, but we do little to change it here.
Big 10 athletics + elite academics. The Stanford of the Midwest. Stunning campus with Chicago a short bus ride away. Very competitive.
I attend the school of continued education online and received a masters in predictive analytics. For an online program, the technology to interact with the students and teachers was good. The exposure to industry softwares was top notch. Highly recommend
the campus is really nice and the classes are good. the school is kind of elitist and not very diverse.
I would like to see better mental health advocacy and services being performed by university faculty. This is especially true for Northwestern because we are a high-achieving school with students who are constantly nervous and stressed about their future and not performing as well as their peers. I'd like to see policies put in place that better allow students with mental health problems to perform well in classes, such as better assignment extension policies.
I have loved my classes and professors thus far. The campus atmosphere is great and I have made plenty of friends!
Northwestern is a phenomenal school and I'm so glad I chose to go here. The campus is beautiful. Evanston is a great college town, and Chicago is only a train ride away if you're looking to do something a little more cosmopolitan/adventurous. The people are vibrant and passionate about their studies as well as the things they do outside of academics.
The quarter system is very stressful and fast (they tell you about its "rigor" all the time but you don't fully realize it until you're really here. It's about as long as half a semester at my former high school). Most people seem to be constantly studying for midterms, and falling behind can be a scary thing... there isn't a whole lot of time to make up ground.
Northwestern provides strong academics and a rich learning environment for the next generation of thinkers, innovators and creators.
Greek life is awesome because it's not super hard core like it is down south. It is less stereotypical and very real.
Northwestern is an excellent school with good resources and a stellar-minded staff and student body!
Start Your Review of Northwestern University
I am currently enrolled as a Percussion Performance and Music Cognition double major at the University's music school. So far, I have absolutely loved the college experience, both socially and major-wise. I have made great friends and I wouldn't want to be anywhere to pursue my musical endeavors. However, I haven't been to pleased with some of the other academics, on-campus housing, or cost of attendance.
The academics in the engineering school are rigorous, but most of the professors are helpful. I find that there are often many sources to help us succeed. Life on campus is generally very positive. The campus is beautiful and downtown Evanston is incredible. On the other hand, I am very disappointed in the athletics at Northwestern University. The athletic department is not one that I liked dealing with.
We toured the school during my sons Thanksgiving break and we’re very impressed. Our tour guide was fantastic and made sure every aspect of the school was covered. So far this is his top choice