Northwestern University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.82 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.85 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.85 responses
Most Popular Majors
Political Science and Government119 Graduates
Drama and Theatre Production108 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication91 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics89 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.87 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.117 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.43 responses
Northwestern University Reviews
I attended Northwestern because of the music program and the professor I would be working with. My professor was amazing, and so was the music program as a whole. I was able to pursue a double major with an outside field, and while it was difficult and busy, the administration helped me every quarter by allowing me to take extra classes to finish on time. The campus is beautiful, but there is always construction. It is not a huge party school, but there are parties and lots of other ways to have fun. I loved the proximity to Chicago and the public transit system. Overall, I liked the student body. There was a general hard work ethic, and though my majors weren't particularly competitive, I know there were some that were fairly cut-throat. The mental health services can be improved upon, but I felt that NU was a very accepting, diverse, and progressive school overall. Financial aid was great, and getting better!
As a social, multi-interested student I was worried that Northwestern was going to be too small and all work and no play. The great thing I've found about Northwestern is how easy it is to get involved and explore all of your interests from academic to professional to social. Professors and TAs are accessible due to it being a smaller school and it's not too hard to get into classes. There is also room in even an engineers schedule to take cross-discipline classes that interest you. On the social side there's a lot going on in and out of Greek life, with house parties being a great way to hang out with friends as an alternative to frat parties, but also a lot of open parties at fraternities. It's easy to meet people and get involved through the numerous clubs on campus, and everyone can find their place.
Northwestern University is not only beautiful, with the lakefill and the insane view of Chicago, but I have made incredible friends and gained such an amazing education so far. The professors really care about you personally, your education, and your potential. They always push you to exceed limits you never thought you could reach. Not only do I learn so much in the classroom, but also in my extracurriculars. Northwestern students are passionate, hardworking, and collaborative. On the weekends, there are always multiple parties, plays, musicals, acapella shows, sports games, and comedy shows. I cannot imagine myself anywhere else.