Northwestern Oklahoma State is a public university located in Alva, Oklahoma. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,424 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the Northwestern Oklahoma State acceptance rate is 44%. Popular majors include Nursing, Business, and Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies. Graduating 26% of students, Northwestern Oklahoma State alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $31,000.
Northwestern Oklahoma State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Rates starting at 4.25% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.16 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.15 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.15 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.15 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.18 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.10 responses
Colleges like Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- C+Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- 4 Year
- Durant, OK
- 370 reviews
- BSouthwestern Oklahoma State University
- 4 Year
- Weatherford, OK
- 509 reviews
- C+Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- 4 Year
- Bartlesville, OK
- 223 reviews
- BEast Central University
- 4 Year
- Ada, OK
- 492 reviews
Northwestern Oklahoma State University Reviews
Amazing school! Everyone is so friendly, the professors try their hardest to work with each individual student and make sure they are understanding the curriculum. I've never been to a class in which I felt no one cared about my education. I am proud to call myself a Ranger. The campus is taken care of and is absolutely beautiful. The dorms are extremely nice in comparison to many colleges I looked at before attending NWOSU.
So far, I have enjoyed the atmosphere of this university and my time here as a student has been a great experience. Since the school is quite small, classes are smaller which allows for a more personal environment in the classroom. I am a shy person so asking questions in a large classroom is horrifying to me, but in a smaller class, I am more comfortable with asking for help during class which allows me to fully understand the topics.
The small town community grew to become my home. I was a student athlete so, I received a lot of love and support from everyone. It’s a school who believes in tradition but is steady growing and becoming more diverse.