Northwestern Oklahoma State is a public university located in Alva, Oklahoma. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,329 undergraduate students. The Northwestern Oklahoma State acceptance rate is 83%. Popular majors include Nursing, Business, and Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies. Graduating 23% of students, Northwestern Oklahoma State alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $32,500.
Northwestern Oklahoma State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.16 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.15 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.15 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.15 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.18 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.10 responses
Colleges like Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- B-Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- 4 Year
- Durant, OK
- 387 reviews
- B-Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- 4 Year
- Weatherford, OK
- 531 reviews
- C+Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- 4 Year
- Bartlesville, OK
- 231 reviews
- B-East Central University
- 4 Year
- Ada, OK
- 509 reviews
Northwestern Oklahoma State University Reviews
Amazing school! Everyone is so friendly, the professors try their hardest to work with each individual student and make sure they are understanding the curriculum. I've never been to a class in which I felt no one cared about my education. I am proud to call myself a Ranger. The campus is taken care of and is absolutely beautiful. The dorms are extremely nice in comparison to many colleges I looked at before attending NWOSU.
When I went to Northwestern Oklahoma State University I loved the campus. It was not super big but it also was not super small. Pretty great size. I also loved how they have a football and soccer team, my two favorite sports. They also have the most important thing for me, my major, nursing. I heard that they had a pretty good nursing program. Another thing is the people are extremely nice and friendly.
First year student and college athlete. So far it’s amazing! Staff is absolutely fantastic. Small rural college in a cute town. Not much to do in town but tons of activities through the college