Northwestern Michigan College Reviews

I have taken classes at the college and I am now an adjunct instructor for a new degree program that the college has began in conjunction with our Local Hospital system. The diversity of degree programs that the college offers is outstanding for a small college. It is also very Military/Veteran friendly.
Overall, it isn’t a bad school. Issues I came across were transferring credits- taking 300 level English classes and I had to retake English 112. Tuition rates seem rediculously high for “out of district” students. I live 20 minutes away from the school and I have to pay out of district rates which is double of what in district students pay.
My experience at NMC was very positive. The campus is pretty small so getting around is very easy and the professors that I had were very nice and professional. overall, I feel like I received an outstanding education for my general courses.
Start Your Review of Northwestern Michigan College
I absolutely LOVE Northwestern Michigan College. I am currently enrolled in ENG 111/11 and it is so amazing how my instructor makes the class challenging, exciting, and yes, fun. I have learned so much from him, as well as the advisers and other staff members. My course goal is to receive my Associate's Degree in Accounting.
NMC was one of the best experiences I had. I learned so much in my time there. The faculty is outstanding and the college environment is above average!
Some classes are better orchestrated than others. Oddly enough it seems like some of the instructors/professors lack confidence in being front and center to teach a class. But otherwise it was a decent experience.
northwestern is a cute college right next to Traverse city. the college is full of great opportunities and great people.
Great classes, wonderful teachers, and is affordable.
The students here are pretty young.
A lot of dual enrolled.
All staff is very helpful, your best interest and success is their number one priority. There is always someone to turn to to answer any question or solve any issue you may be having. The library is an exceptional place to do studying and projects.
Northwestern Michigan College is a great community college. I actually think I received a better education and had better professors here than I did at a University I attended years ago. There Medical programs in general are very good. The classes for the medical programs such as Anatomy and Physiology, math, and chemistry are tough but after passing them with flying colors ( because I basically dedicated my life to school), I realized how much I learned because of how focused and dedicated I had to be to pass them. The professors are very well educated and take the time to really let the students grasp the material in the courses. You can tell the professors enjoy their jobs and enjoy watching students learn the material. I would recommend NMC (Northwestern Michigan College) to anyone wanting to pursue an education in Traverse City, Michigan. Another perk is living in Traverse City as well. Sooo beautiful!
I would definetly like to see more diversity within and throughout the school. I feel like that more diversity you have the easier it is to learn to get a long with different cultures, in the long run creating less and less hate
I have really enjoyed my college experience here. It's a small school with a good education. The classes are small so you get the opportunity to make friends and get to know your professors.
The campus is small and quiet, perfect for relaxing and studying. The Professors are very good and understanding of circumstances and varying levels of skill. Overall NMC has been a great college.
I like the many different opportunities that NMC has to offer. They'll help you if you ask for help. There are a lot of scholarship opportunities. One thing that could be changed is the transferability. I was told I had to take certain classes for my degree in order to transfer and I took them because I though I needed them done by the time I got my associates. I could have started to go to my university a lot earlier but I didn't know I could. Now I have to take 62 credits from my university and a lot of them will be classes I don't need.
I love Northwestern Michigan College it has an awesome Culinary arts program. That is why I choose to go to The Great Lakes Culinary Institute at Northwestern Michigan Community College next fall.
I have attended NMC for 2 years. It is a great transition step for those not sure about their major. I grew and learned much about myself and graduated with an associates degree. I will now be moving on to a 4 year university but will always have fond memories of NMC. I would highly recommend it!
Had a bad experience with a certain professor lying about how the math department grades, but otherwise, it has been very good! So glad I started my education here.
Start Your Review of Northwestern Michigan College
So far I have really enjoyed attending classes at NMC. It has been a great way to get a lot of my credits for my business degree at a much more reasonable price. I was also able to stay closer to my family this way. I have had no complaints so far.
NMC is so inviting, the teachers are smart and knowledgeable. I transferred here from Central Michigan University and I regret nothing. I love it here, and it is so affordable. There are so many resources to help you both with your school but also your financial and social situations. Professors care, the class sizes are small, its all around a great school and I would recommend it to anyone.
Northwestern Michigan college is a very nice small college in a beautiful city. The professors are great and for a small school there's a lot of majors to choose from.