Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Valuegrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade B
- Party Scenegrade C
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade B
- Dormsgrade A
- Campus Foodgrade A minus
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade B+
Northwestern - Iowa is an above-average private, Christian college located in Orange City, Iowa. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 949 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Northwestern - Iowa acceptance rate is 70%. Popular majors include Business, Elementary Education, and Nursing. Graduating 68% of students, Northwestern - Iowa alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $36,000.
NAIA Division II
Great Plains Athletic Conference
Northwestern College - Iowa Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
No data available
Will You Get In?
$24,085 / year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$20,345 / year
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 24 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 29 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 29 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business65 Graduates
- Elementary Education38 Graduates
- Nursing23 Graduates
- Biology20 Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science16 Graduates
- Accounting13 Graduates
- Athletic Training10 Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services10 Graduates
- Psychology9 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Corrections8 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 21 responses
- Hard Working71%
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 25 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 34 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 20 responses
- A place to learn and grow from where you left off.15%
- Home away from home5%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
$38,400 / year
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 16 responses
Colleges like Northwestern College - Iowa
- grade B+Dordt University
- 4 Year
- Sioux Center, IA
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 390 reviews
- grade B minusMorningside College
- 4 Year
- Sioux City, IA
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 471 reviews
- grade B minusUniversity of Sioux Falls
- 4 Year
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 216 reviews
- grade A minusAugustana University
- 4 Year
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 437 reviews
Northwestern College - Iowa Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 320 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have had a very pleasant experience at NWC thus far. The campus is fairly small, yet clean and a great community atmosphere. I would recommend anyone to visit for themselves. The dorms are in decent condition, great facilities and classrooms, food is average, professors are very helpful and personable!
Overall, my experience at NWC has been short as I have only been attending for one-semester class and one summer class. The time there was very well. The teachers and staff I have met have been very respectable and nice. It is a faith-based college, which is also a plus. Everything we do it centered around God and our calling that God has asked us to do. I think I really am going to love my next year attending classes their full time this fall. The teachers will make my time enjoyable with their positive and helpful character.
My experience at Northwestern College has been different than what a normal college experience would be like. In the two years that I have been in Orange City, I have grown immensely. Northwestern has given me a deeper love for God because I have been introduced to new ways of thinking and seeing the Lord. I view my education in a Christ centered way that integrates my faith into everything I'm learning. Putting my faith in Christ first and foremost is helping me immensely to have peace that surpasses all understanding in times of chaos.