Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.9 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.11 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.11 responses
Most Popular Majors
Natural Resources Conservation29 Graduates
Community Organization and Advocacy13 Graduates
Business Administration and Management11 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies9 Graduates
Teacher Education for Multiple Levels7 Graduates
Geology and Earth Science5 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities5 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.12 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.24 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.5 responses
Northland College Reviews
I love Northland College because of the outdoor aspect. I love being so close to nature and the amount of people here who also love nature. Everyone here obviously cares about the environment. Also Northland is such a welcoming environment, walking to class you can always count on someone stopping to say hello!
I'm currently a senior. College visits are the best ways to see if the college is a fit for you. Northland College was one of my top choices. They had an admitted student overnight stay. At first, I thought this college was so sweet that they're willing to pick us students up for the college visit. I live in Saint Paul, MN. Which is pretty far from Northland College. Northland College was one my top choice because they're an environmental college, which is what I'm planning to major in. However, when I went to visit, my experience wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. The host I was with was very different from me. She wasn't big into sports, and the college wasn't big into sports neither. The campus life seemed really dead, and everyone just did their own things. The student population was very small, but since it was smaller than other schools, I was hoping for everyone to come together, and do fun activities together. It turned out to be very quiet, and nonactive campus.
My biggest concern was the safety at this school. When a friend of mine's life was threatened by another student, administration did not take the threats seriously until they found weapons in the dorm room. Also when cuts are being made to the school (which happens a lot) administration targets full learning programs, professors and classes instead of extracurricular activities.