Northern State University Reviews

I love NSU. The faculty are fantastic and personable, the cost is unbeatable, and the campus is beautiful!
Northern state university is a great college with different variations in studies. A lot of off campus on campus activities and interaction.
Beautiful campus and the professors care about you and your success. The resources on campus are wonderful and if used, you can really set yourself up for a lot of success during college and after graduation. Living on campus is a really fun time and the RA's and staff in the dorms are very supportive. The dorms are also very well kept and comfortable.
Start Your Review of Northern State University
It was my first tour that really sold me. There was just something about Northern that just felt right, as cliche as that sounds. It just seemed like NSU was the place I was supposed to be. From time to time I wonder why I chose to come here when there s not always something to do in town, but then I remember that there is no other place I would rather be in the long run. After my first year, I ended up liking it way more than I ever anticipated and couldn't wait to go back. I fell in love with the people and my teammates on the track team, I met a few of my closest friends I've ever had. The classes, of course, are more challenging but the professors are so helpful it makes up for it.
I went to Northern as a music major and absolutely loved it! The faculty in the music department is absolutely phenomenal. Not only that, but the entire campus is very supportive of the arts, which is hard to find at a school in the Midwest where sports tend to dominate. When they say you’re not just a number, they mean it. Even the general education professors know their students by name, even if they’ve only had them in one or two classes. Highly recommend to anyone that’s looking for a great education at a very affordable, smaller university.
Northern State University can be a great school, but it has MAJOR flaws. Professors are terrible about communicating with their students, when students email them. Most of them have terrible timing and wait until the very end of the semester to place grades. If a student is gone numerous times, they don't reach out. They make it seem like they don't care about their students. Yes, Northern has some great professors, but they have more professors who are terrible. Everyone at Northern who you'd expect to be able to help you, push you to someone else who "should be able to direct you correctly" don't.
I like the professors that work there. I’d prefer if it were easier to get things like changing my major done correctly the first time.
My experience at NSU has been great and comfortable thanks to the staff and people. It's a smaller campus, so it's very calm and easy to develop solid relationships with your teachers. My only recommendation for the school is to make their social events more social? Sometimes the programs and events feel stiff. Other than that, they do a great job and maintain diversity so you always feel welcomed.
Small classes with excellent professors who pay individual attention to students. Excellent community and resident life staff.
I liked that I was able to attend classes in Huron at their Community Campus at a greatly discounted price!
It was a really good college. The students are nice, the faculty are very friendly and helpful. I don't like that students are required to live on campus for the first two years, though.
I personally loved Northern State University. If you are looking for a smaller school, but still want to have all the things a big school does then Northern is your best option. I will be playing on their DII women's soccer team and their training and game facilities are very nice. The coaches are just as amazing. The professors are willing to work with you and the science profs love to do research!
For such a small community, the faculty is exceptional. The professors I had have taken the time to learn our names and interact with us in a way beneficial to our own personal learning styles.
Northern is the best. Its situated in a snall town and has the friendliest atmosphere ever. As an international student thata anazing because you never have the chance to pine for home. People ate friendly and the faculties and staff are very helpful.
The professors at Northern are extremely caring and extremely good at what they do and just as much can be said for the students.
Northern State has a very diverse campus. There are many students from other countries, and Northern is always great about welcoming them to the states! The academic advisors that you work with are absolutely great!
I attended Northern State University for my Undergraduate Degree. I studied business, was a double major in Finance and Economics, minored in Accounting, and graduated with Honors. As with any college, there are good professors and not-so-good professors. The key to my success at NSU was networking, creating connections with advisors, department heads, students ahead of me, and professors. By understanding the system and your choices to customize - it was a lot easier to get set up with internship credits and independent studies. A few of my favorite contacts are no longer with the university or retired, but I have had a very good impression from Professor Barclay - who teaches marketing, I believe.
Start Your Review of Northern State University
I love Northern State. I am going to play college softball there and I loved everything about the campus
Northern State University is above and beyond what I expected. The professors take the time to get to know your interests and goals and give advice on how to achieve your goals. The campus is safe and very nice. Northern State University has that "personal touch." The food is very good and there are plenty of activities to take part in. Being a member of the track and field team has been a positive experience, as well. I like seeing that Northern State University welcomes all races/nationalities. I would recommend Northern State University to anyone who wants to attend a quality institution!
The atmosphere at Northern is better than I could ever expect. Everybody is there to help each other. I wouldn't want anything to change.