Northern State University Reviews

I personally loved Northern State University. If you are looking for a smaller school, but still want to have all the things a big school does then Northern is your best option. I will be playing on their DII women's soccer team and their training and game facilities are very nice. The coaches are just as amazing. The professors are willing to work with you and the science profs love to do research!
For such a small community, the faculty is exceptional. The professors I had have taken the time to learn our names and interact with us in a way beneficial to our own personal learning styles.
Northern is the best. Its situated in a snall town and has the friendliest atmosphere ever. As an international student thata anazing because you never have the chance to pine for home. People ate friendly and the faculties and staff are very helpful.
Start Your Review of Northern State University
The professors at Northern are extremely caring and extremely good at what they do and just as much can be said for the students.
Northern State has a very diverse campus. There are many students from other countries, and Northern is always great about welcoming them to the states! The academic advisors that you work with are absolutely great!
I attended Northern State University for my Undergraduate Degree. I studied business, was a double major in Finance and Economics, minored in Accounting, and graduated with Honors. As with any college, there are good professors and not-so-good professors. The key to my success at NSU was networking, creating connections with advisors, department heads, students ahead of me, and professors. By understanding the system and your choices to customize - it was a lot easier to get set up with internship credits and independent studies. A few of my favorite contacts are no longer with the university or retired, but I have had a very good impression from Professor Barclay - who teaches marketing, I believe.
I love Northern State. I am going to play college softball there and I loved everything about the campus
Northern State University is above and beyond what I expected. The professors take the time to get to know your interests and goals and give advice on how to achieve your goals. The campus is safe and very nice. Northern State University has that "personal touch." The food is very good and there are plenty of activities to take part in. Being a member of the track and field team has been a positive experience, as well. I like seeing that Northern State University welcomes all races/nationalities. I would recommend Northern State University to anyone who wants to attend a quality institution!
The atmosphere at Northern is better than I could ever expect. Everybody is there to help each other. I wouldn't want anything to change.
Most of the buildings are old and aren't in the greatest conditions but they're able to withstand the winter and provide the space we need to live while were attending school. Overall they're okay but you make a lot of friends within the dorms
Northern has a great fan base for most of its athletic teams and the school has great school spirit in supporting our team. The team performance has been shakey but the athletes are doing their best and doing great.
My experience at Northern so far has been a rollercoaster. Trying to find the right career path for me has been tough but the professors have been wonderful and very helpful. Meeting new people is easy and every one gets a long. It's been great and I'm glad I chose this school.
I feel like we pay quite a bit for housing for what we get. Most of the dorms are really old and out of date, they dont have air conditioning. theyre also extremely small.
As for being freshman I'm still really new to this whole thing, its very nice coming from a tiny town. Its a small campus with a big campus feel.
I feel very safe walking around campus during the night. I am not worried about anything and there is nothing to worry about.
I have had a lot fun here and cant wait for the rest of this semester and the rest to come!
Everyone on campus has been helpful and made it a lot better.
Start Your Review of Northern State University
The dorms is where I meant all my friends. It so nice having all the freshman in one dorm and getting to know all of them.
The school is all about it sports. Both basketball teams lead the nation in attendance. All sports get very well supported by the town and most importantly the students.
The professors are helpful and love doing one on one work with a student. Willing to help out each and every student.