High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.98 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.99 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.99 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.134 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.161 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.74 responses
Northern Kentucky University Reviews
If I had to say anything about NKU, it's that it has definitely seen a huge growth in the past few years both attendance and campus wise. Not to mention our sports teams have gotten only better and better every year; we even managed to get into the NCAA this year as a Division 1 school. The impression that i had, and the one most visiting students probably get about NKU is that it is a small campus; yes, unfortunately there's not much campus ground but it more than makes up for it in its class sizes. My one concern about first entering college was one about being overlooked by a professor in a huge lecture class, well fortunately here at NKU the classes are made to accommodate the students. Not once have I had a huge lecture class in which I felt I had no strong engagement with my professor, in actuality I refer to my professors by their first name, and that the kind of relationship that really will help you feel at home and help you grow here at NKU!
Northern Kentucky University is an outstanding university! The school has small class sizes, so even the professor will know and even remember your name. This allows for a relationship with the professor and a better learning atmosphere. The professors truly care about the students learning and well-being. There are also a ton of clubs and fraternity/sorority to get more involved. Overall, this campus is unlike any other, due to their love for students and faculty alike.
I love NKU! It's a great campus despite what people say. I personally think it's a very pretty campus with the lake, plants, and ivy. It's definitely growing every year, and there's a new building coming plus lots of renovations! I feel everyone should consider it in their college search.