Northern Essex Community College Reviews

My experience with this college has changed me a lot on how I see things with my major and myself leadership wise with the clubs, sports and organizations I joined with my 3 years at this college. I have been apart of the Student Government Association, served on the Board of Trustees, was apart of Improv Club, joined the National Society of Leadership and Success, etc... I don't think I know anything that can be change from this college.
The teachers and extra help that is offered by this school (specifically in computer science) is exemplary. I am continuously happy with how interesting the teachers manage to make the material while teaching you a lot as well. For the cost, it’s well worth the degree with enough wiggle room to maybe get two.
I absolutely love NECC. the professors are very good at teaching and also are very educated on their subjects. They are always finding new ways to present material and you can tell that they genuinely enjoy what they are doing. I have never not LOVED my professor and their teaching style. They're always fair and always willing to make accommodations when needed.
Start Your Review of Northern Essex Community College
Northern Essex Community College was the best choice I have ever made. The campus is beautiful, Lawrence campus is in the heart of my city and the Haverhill campus is peaceful. The transportation is reliable and the staff members are the best.
I am a student college at Northern Essex C.C. and what I like about it is that they have a lot of good teachers who try to help their students to succeed. Also, this college is close to my house, so I do not have to travel long distances.
The Haverhill campus is nice for a community college. However the Lawrence camps that I was forced to take classes at is in the middle of a ghetto neighborhood and there is not much parking offered. Also at the Lawrence campus there is no where to buy food or drinks other then vending machines (no cafeteria on campus). All of the medical programs are now only offered in the Lawrence location because apparently the school gets some type of government kick back for being in an urban primarily spanish speaking city. The teachers are mediocre in the program that I am enrolled in. A few are helpful and knowledgeable but that is not the majority. The school wants to keep their pass rate and NCLEX pass rate high so they make it very difficult, and do not offer much help to the students that are struggling or that are not strong test takers.
Im rating Northern Essex community college 3 stars because of their professors. They do have some really nice professors, but unfortunately I had bad experiences with some. Overall, NECC is a really nice school.
Like the Criminal Justice department and the baseball staff and team. Being part of the Baseball team has been very rewarding for me. It has made it easier to meet and make some new friends. Teamwork and a lot of practice whether on the field or in the batting cages during the off season helps me focus on my studies to achieve good grades. The environment at the school is welcoming.
This is my first year but second semester. I have really enjoyed my experience here. It’s a great place to start your college experience. Most state school and those in the surrounding states allow your credits to transfer over. Myself I am transferring to a 4 year nursing program and all my credit should carry over. Saved me a lot of money.
I am currently enrolled in school after graduating high school 31 years ago. I really enjoy campus life.
I graduated as a dental assistant at Northern Essex Community College.This school is great. They are very attentive and they staff wants to make sure that you graduate and help you reach your goals.
I started at NECC in Fall of 2016 and I am about to start my fourth semester there this January for the Spring 2018 semester. I can honestly say that I am so grateful for NECC. It is definitely more affordable than other schools which is a blessing because other colleges are just far too expensive. I am able to go to a school and continue my education and work towards my degree in Elementary Education without feeling like I am getting the short end of the stick. The staff members are very kind and all of the instructors I have had the past three semesters have been amazing. I recommend NECC to all of my friends and family that are looking into colleges.
Like in every college there are good professors and bad ones. The safety in the parking lots its not so good. There are no cameras in the parking lots (which I think is absurd). Someone scratched my car and I was unable to find out who it was because there are no cameras.
I am in my first year here so far I really enjoy going here. All the professors are there to help. You are given every opportunity to get any help you need to succeed.
Great staff of caring professors who are knowledgeable, coupled with the smaller class size allows for a more personal education experience.
I am dual enrollment student at Northern Essex and I have not had any problems with the school and I like way that they try their best to give all their students the best college experience.
Attending at Northern Essex Community College has been an amazing experience for me and still is as I keep going to school there. They provide you with perfect attendance and help you meet your needs as you journey on with your education. If something ever goes wrong they are there to help you right away. There is nothing to advise change to this college because it completes the satisfaction of a student.
Start Your Review of Northern Essex Community College
I liked how it was cheaper to afford than attending a four year school right away. It was also close to where I live. It offered me the chance to complete both general education and music classes. I wish to transfer to a university majoring in music, so attending NECC first was a great way to save money.
I am part of the early college program, but i have gone beyond that and am taking classes outside. Everyone is very helpful with adding classes, and paying for them. They also answer any and all questions I may have.
as a freshman at NECC I have no complaints. Im going into my third semester confident and excited for the upcoming challenges in my future classes! The faculty and teachers are all so supportive and really push you to reach your goals and help you get ready to transfer to great 4 year schools.