Northeastern University Reviews

3,172 reviews
Great experience, with a beautiful campus. Classes are difficult so you'll have to put a lot of time into your work, which is expected from such a high-level institution like Northeastern.
Location, professors and facilities are great. A wide range of courses available with dedicated academic advisors. The students here are friendly and always strive to work. It is a competitive school because everyone's trying to get the best Co-Ops.
When I came to Northeastern I felt it was a school only interested in making money, students were obsessed with Coop, and that no one really knew each other. An academic year and a half later I think these views of Northeastern are misguided. I have met some great people here, had some really inspiring (and really not inspiring teachers), and have enjoyed every second of being at this school.
Start Your Review of Northeastern University
I love the diversity of Northeastern. Being an international student from Hong Kong, I never felt excluded due to my race or because of my cultural upbringing. The education is great and the people are nice.
Northeastern University has a great faculty and staff. I wish that more of their seminars, events and talks held at the Boston campus were also available online.
In my short time so far at Northeastern, I have learned more than just engineering; I have a resume built and am preparing to get a job, I have worked and improved my presentation and communication skills, and I am involved in research. This school very much cares about the success of all of its students.
Northeastern is an amazing place to study. The Coop program is a high benefit to students and it is very easy to start a research project. Professors are really easy to talk to and there are over 400 extracurricular activities to choose from. It is very easy to become involved and even easier to find what is interesting.
Classes are rigorous and demanding, more so than I was expecting. The school definitely gives you a good education and refines you into a competitive candidate for grad school or the job market. The curriculum will make you a versatile candidate and ensure you know your stuff. With that being said, the school could be considered unnecessarily difficult and may be a bit overzealous with its rigor. It can get especially demanding when searching for a co-op while in classes, but the time spent on co-op only working and getting paid should compensate for the more intense semesters. While the academics are very good, what you gain from the co-op program will be worth more and unlock more opportunities than almost all names on a degree. The population has a noteworthy intellectual curiosity and most students are exceptionally smart. Don't come here expecting a party school though, you probably won't have too many crazy nights until you're 21.
Participating Northeastern's cooperative program makes this college the best financial investment because it helps you get a job when you graduate
I love Northeastern University, the campus is so beautiful and everyone is friendly and willing to help when you need it. The food is not the best but there are other food places around campus that might be much better other than that, the professors are amazing and they make you feel like you're home.... Great school and excellent academics plus the Co-op!!! All of this combined made Northeastern a unique and innovative institution of higher education.
Overall so far my experience at Northeastern has been great. no complaints, I just feel I do not see as much diversity as advetised
The scenery was absolutely amazing. Northeastern may be in the heart of the city, but you'll definitely feel like you're somewhere else when you're on campus. The vast green spaces make for a perfect campus within the city. When it gets colder, there are tunnels to help you get to classes. Overall, NU is a lovely school.
The experiential learning element of the school is definitely what attracted me to come here and Northeastern has delivered. Co-op is such an amazing opportunity and I recommend it to everyone, it really does give you a leg up in comparison to other schools.
It is one of the affordable universities in Boston. Graduation rate is higher. I feel like I belong to the university community.
Northeastern is a great option for driven individuals looking for a flexible academic schedule that allows them maximum opportunities for self-discovery and experiential learning. Being able to get involved through programs such as NU.in and the honors program through the schools helps to prepare you for coop -- which in turn prepares you for entering the real world job market down the road.
Northeastern University is located in the beautiful, cultural, diverse city of Boston, MA. The campus has state of the art learning capabilities and renown professors.
Northeastern University is incredibly innovative in some of its professional offerings and learning options. The College of Professional Studies provides an optimum ability for full-time employees to be able to receive a quality education while still being able to succeed professionally.
Start Your Review of Northeastern University
I love it so much - Boston is an amazing city to live in, and the diversity of people, classes, professors, food, and activities is incredible. The work load is challenging and it's definitely a school you need to work for, but I am absolutely loving it, and I'm really looking forward to studying abroad, co-ops, and Dialogues.
Going to Northeastern University has been the best decision I've made In my life. I chose the university because it has the best co-op program in the nation, but there's a lot of other things the university has to offer. For starters the academic environment is quite impressive with everyone around me being a very high caliber student. There's lots of really dedicated and focused students here who work hard and play hard. The university is super diverse with about 20% of kids being international. I really like the campus and you can walk easily to any location. Boston is such an amazing city and I never thought I would enjoy it this much. The professors are super nice and know their stuff and the people here are friendly. The residence halls vary a lot in quality; from Stetson West which is a typical college dorm to International Village which is basically just a fancy skyscraper. Overall I love the flexibility and all the different options the school provides really puts it on top.
Northeastern is a wonderful institution that makes you feel at home almost instantly. The advisors are very helpful in assisting you plan your time at NEU to maximize your experiences, the classes are vigorous but not overwhelming, and the people are welcoming and a family. Students are very involved on campus with over 400 clubs to join, and you can always create your own. Our facilities are great, the staff is fantastic, and any problem is easily fixed. The school's focus on experiential learning prepares every student for the competitive world beyond college. We are one of the most diverse campuses in the nation, but our differences unify us rather than separate us. Here you are free to be yourself in a safe, protected environment. The opportunities Northeastern offers are unique to our school and its programs like studying abroad, Dialogues of Civilization, or co-ops at local or global facilities. You definitely get your money's worth and more at Northeastern. Go Huskies!