Northeastern University Reviews

3,160 reviews
Northeastern is a great option for driven individuals looking for a flexible academic schedule that allows them maximum opportunities for self-discovery and experiential learning. Being able to get involved through programs such as NU.in and the honors program through the schools helps to prepare you for coop -- which in turn prepares you for entering the real world job market down the road.
Northeastern University is located in the beautiful, cultural, diverse city of Boston, MA. The campus has state of the art learning capabilities and renown professors.
Northeastern University is incredibly innovative in some of its professional offerings and learning options. The College of Professional Studies provides an optimum ability for full-time employees to be able to receive a quality education while still being able to succeed professionally.
Review Northeastern University
I love it so much - Boston is an amazing city to live in, and the diversity of people, classes, professors, food, and activities is incredible. The work load is challenging and it's definitely a school you need to work for, but I am absolutely loving it, and I'm really looking forward to studying abroad, co-ops, and Dialogues.
Going to Northeastern University has been the best decision I've made In my life. I chose the university because it has the best co-op program in the nation, but there's a lot of other things the university has to offer. For starters the academic environment is quite impressive with everyone around me being a very high caliber student. There's lots of really dedicated and focused students here who work hard and play hard. The university is super diverse with about 20% of kids being international. I really like the campus and you can walk easily to any location. Boston is such an amazing city and I never thought I would enjoy it this much. The professors are super nice and know their stuff and the people here are friendly. The residence halls vary a lot in quality; from Stetson West which is a typical college dorm to International Village which is basically just a fancy skyscraper. Overall I love the flexibility and all the different options the school provides really puts it on top.
Northeastern is a wonderful institution that makes you feel at home almost instantly. The advisors are very helpful in assisting you plan your time at NEU to maximize your experiences, the classes are vigorous but not overwhelming, and the people are welcoming and a family. Students are very involved on campus with over 400 clubs to join, and you can always create your own. Our facilities are great, the staff is fantastic, and any problem is easily fixed. The school's focus on experiential learning prepares every student for the competitive world beyond college. We are one of the most diverse campuses in the nation, but our differences unify us rather than separate us. Here you are free to be yourself in a safe, protected environment. The opportunities Northeastern offers are unique to our school and its programs like studying abroad, Dialogues of Civilization, or co-ops at local or global facilities. You definitely get your money's worth and more at Northeastern. Go Huskies!
Northeastern is a great campus, in a great location, with great classes and great professors. Which to some, constitutes a perfect school. However, I do believe this school doesn't invest enough in what is necessary. Northeastern barely gives out any financial aid and is not supportive enough in making school affordable. Also, the UHCS system is lacking capable psychologists, nurses, and doctors to ensure the wellbeing of its students.
The best part of Northeastern is the fact that Boston as a city is your campus. You can see live music, art, whatever you're interested in. The school life to me (as a transfer student) felt rather impersonal. It's such a big school that it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. Speaking of which, the "NEU shuffle" is alive and well - it's where different departments just shuffle you over to another department when you have to do anything administration related. Another downside is the long winters and the price tag here. I lived off campus after my 1st year, which was definitely cheaper than living on campus. If I could do it all over again I'd go to Europe or Canada for my bachelor's to save money and have a more diverse learning experience.
The undergraduate program here is great. The co-op experience really lets you experience the field before you get a degree. AND you get paid for it! It's such a great program. Unfortunately, the school is a private school and costs a fortune to attend. Definitely recommend applying to many scholarships as you can.
Its a great school, the honors program is amazing and the new housing you get is fabulous... Don't expect many parties though.
This school dumped me when I needed them the most in 2014. My program was eliminated online and now I had to find another school that had my major online. Very disappointed.
What drew me to this school was their co-op program, which provides valuable work experience to students. It is also located in a great area with having two subway stops, enabling students to access any part of Boston needed.
My time at Northeastern has been great so far. I have enjoyed all of my classes and have had some really great and inspiring professors. There is a huge effort to help students assimilate to college life and meet new people. I really feel like I belong.
Absolutely love going to Northeastern University. Although it's less heard of, it stands up to the competition of Harvard and MIT, both of which are nearby. The experiential learning and co-op programs are one of a kind and work to prepare students for their careers after graduating.
Due to its extensive co-op program, the students at Northeastern University are always go-getters and focused on their future. Walking out with over a year of working experience from the co-op program makes students ideal candidates when applying for full time positions. The university itself is growing, both in the college rankings and in its campus with a new engineering building and new dorms being built. This is a great school for you if you know what you want to do with your future and are willing to put in the work.
Northeastern University is simultaneously the most amazing and frustrating institution I've yet to experience. On one hand I am inexplicably grateful for the constant exposure to unique people, job opportunities, clubs and sports, social events, and knowledge. On the other hand, the financial stress I feel from the lack of insufficient funding I have received has less than pleasant experience. However, the pro's of this university outweigh the con's by in every aspect. Only at Northeastern can you simultaneously gain a professional background, have relevant job experiences, indulge in the city life, and make long-lasting friendships.
Having just finished my first year, I can safely say that this college has given me fantastic opportunities that I would have never had elsewhere. By getting involved in different engineering clubs and talking to the chairs of different departments (just email them - they're great!), I've been able to figure out what my major should be and all of the opportunities that ***CO-OP*** can provide.

You will never have as good a shot at working for the best companies in the world than you will here. And the entrepreneurial community and access to resources (funding!) - superb.

Northeastern has been the best investment in myself that I've ever made.
Review Northeastern University
I have always had my ups and downs about Northeastern but ultimately I wouldn't have it any other way. Northeastern's co-op program is really what makes this college unique. It has allowed me to gain so many practical skills for my future career. Furthermore, Northeastern campus is gorgeous and so conveniently located within Boston. The dorms and living situations at Northeastern are great (especially for Honors students) but space is very limited so many upperclassmen end up off-campus. With respect to academics, I feel that my education is comparable to other top universities. Professors were knowledgeable and passionate. Sometimes I wish that some classes were more challenging; it was very easy to earn an A in some classes despite the material being intellectually engaging. The co-op program has allowed me to overfill my resume, and the dialogues have allowed me to travel abroad without having to take a whole semester off.
Great school in the heart of Boston. Coop program provides all-but-guaranteed experience in the workplace before graduating. The University is actively adding distinguished faculty and a series of projects to expand it's footprint in the city.
I have studied at Northeastern for one year and I can say I have had an amazing experience. There are so many opportunities available for students. Overall it's been great.