Northeastern University is ...
NCAA Division I (without football)
Colonial Athletic Association
Northeastern University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.192 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.205 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.206 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering219 Graduates
Research and Experimental Psychology172 Graduates
International Business145 Graduates
Civil Engineering135 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies125 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.235 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.291 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.125 responses
Northeastern University Reviews
Northeastern University is absolutely amazing! It wasn't really at the forefront of my mind but I'm so glad I decided to go here. I did the NU-in program and had a great time in London. My experience at the university has been super positive when it comes to academics and my social life. The professors are hard working and qualified, the people are friendly, there are a lot of kids from all over the world, and the campus is awesome! Most students come to Northeastern because of the co-op program which is the most significant part of the university. The university does a really great job of preparing students for the workplace and makes sure you are qualified and competitive when it is your time to apply for them. I would recommend this university to students who are social, hard-working and competitive.
Northeastern is a wonderful institution that makes you feel at home almost instantly. The advisors are very helpful in assisting you plan your time at NEU to maximize your experiences, the classes are vigorous but not overwhelming, and the people are welcoming and a family. Students are very involved on campus with over 400 clubs to join, and you can always create your own. Our facilities are great, the staff is fantastic, and any problem is easily fixed. The school's focus on experiential learning prepares every student for the competitive world beyond college. We are one of the most diverse campuses in the nation, but our differences unify us rather than separate us. Here you are free to be yourself in a safe, protected environment. The opportunities Northeastern offers are unique to our school and its programs like studying abroad, Dialogues of Civilization, or co-ops at local or global facilities. You definitely get your money's worth and more at Northeastern. Go Huskies!
A fantastic education, great teachers, even better opportunities, but HARD WORK. As an engineering major or as any medicine major, prepare to spend a lot of time in the library. Definitely not a typical college experience, if that's what you're looking for. Highlyyyyy recommend NUin, the best experience of my life! Also if you're looking for parties- they're either very small dorm room "get togethers" or at some mediocre frats.