Northeast Catholic College Reviews

Northeast Catholic college challenges students intellectually, personally, and spiritually in a way few other institutions of higher learning can. The great books curriculum brings students from the dawn of Western civilization to the present day, providing them with the chance to confront the most profound questions of human existence in a faithfully Catholic setting.
The academics are decent, the professors are helpful, most of the students are pretty friendly and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. The professors encourage you to think and challenge yourself. The faculty genuinely cares about the well-being of the students. The food is okay too and the chef is awesome.

But the quality of life is subpar at best. It’s just facts: the dorms have a lot of broken appliances, there isn’t much to do in the town of Warner, there’s campus service weekly and monthly. Student Life has a high turnover rate in residence deans which speaks for itself and there’s not a ton of events. Unless you never get bored of random swing dances. Most students have a lot of good things to say about it, but it could be better.

On the plus side, you can wear a fedora and smoke a pipe with no one judging you. You know what? I’ll give it another star for that fact alone. Three-star review. But nothing more until you guys fix the other stuff.
I loved the curriculum, the class experience, and the intellectual culture. Other students were as enthusiastic about learning as I was, and we would carry on our conversations outside of class, and discuss ideas with the other classes and professors. The Socratic Method style helped to teach me valuable skills of articulation and listening to other viewpoints. The campus is beautifully located on Kearsarge Mountain; ideally situated to help students focus. I still feel a part of the community, and the friends I made are like family to me.
Start Your Review of Northeast Catholic College
An incredible school that will shake you to your core many times over by letting you experience for yourself the very same struggles experienced by the greatest minds in history, directly through their own written works.
Not only will you read the great questions and the sometimes not so great answers from the great thinkers, but because of the conversational style of the classes, you will not simply be handed the right answers, you will have to fight for them.
The dialogue style over time trains you to articulate your position well and cultivates interpersonal skills.
The school being as small as it is can be altered significantly by one tutor, class or student, which can be a good or bad thing, but most certainly gives you a responsibility to be the best influence you can be on the school.
If you desire not only to know but also to understand the most important aspects of life, the universe and everything, this school is for you.
I had some exceptional professors, a strong presence of Catholic liturgy and I made some long-lasting friendships. It was the right place for my 4 years but it's not a fit for everybody. I recommend visiting before enrolling.
The school helped me develop as a person in more ways than I could have imagined. Academically, socially and spiritually, living in a Catholic collegiate community for 4 years is transformative. Learning about ourselves and our God has given me the confidence to boldly face the issues of the world and confront the evil we encounter daily. Learning about the human person gave me such a powerful foundation in ethics that I have chosen to go on to study business at a Master's level in order that I may influence the business world which is so sorely in need of this proper understanding of the human nature.
I absolutely loved my experience at NCC! Academics and Community are the two top best things about it. The classes were challenging, engaging, and informative; I sometimes think it would be a good idea to go back and do the whole four years all over again, not because I didn't learn much, but because there was so much to learn that I couldn't take it all in the first time! And I couldn't have asked for a more tight-knit and supportive community; I made so many friendships there that are sure to last for years to come!
As a freshman at NCC, I highly recommend this college. The curriculum really give you a firm grounding in Christian and Western thought and the Socratic method of teaching really helps one to not only fully understand the material but also to think deeply and to overall improve his or her interpersonal skills. While class sizes are small, one really gets to know one's classmates and quickly develops strong friendships. There is daily Mass, rosary, morning prayer, and night prayer, and Eucharistic chapels are located in all the dorms. The area is very beautiful, and one is within walking distance from the center Warner, where one has access to restaurants, a bookstore, an ice cream shop, and a cafe. Shuttles are also readily available for those who would like to leave campus, and both on and off-campus events are frequent.
I love the fact that the campus is situated in the woods away from the noise of civilization. It allows for a great ability to contemplate life, your studies, etc. Yet the campus is close to Boston and lots of other places where there are opportunities to be active.
Overall this was one of the worst experiences of my life. It taught me a lot, but it wasn't worth it in the end. For one, the admissions team will deceive you as much as they can just to get you to commit. If you want to go to a school that has no wifi in the dorms, wants you to scrub floors and clean toilets (because there isn't a maintenance team to maintain the school it's all student led) and work in the student run kitchen that feeds everyone. This school is not accredited and they will tell you that they are "in the process of accreditation" which means nothing if you want to transfer.There is a curfew that all students have to honor. This isn't a place that allows for someone to flourish as an adult. The students that go here are very sheltered and enjoy being treated like children. This is a high school- like environment and I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. Save your money because there are so many better places to get a degree
I would say my college searching experience was rather average. I applied to two colleges of which I really enjoyed thoroughly. The college I accepted to attend this this Fall has an excellent student life and is exactly what I'm looking for.
The College of St. Mary Magdalen, now Northeast Catholic College, is one of the few remaining establishments that accurately represents church teachings. The curriclum is outstanding, full of challenging ideologies that promotes inquisitive thinking. The professors are also extremely personal and helpful, along with being qualified. The student body is small, but that makes us a family. Everyone here is eager to meet other people, and they are always there for you when you need them. Not to mention the amazing staff that's willing to provide for you in any way you need. This was not my first choice originally, but after choosing it, I can't imagine being anywhere else.
Overall, I would have to say that this school is one of the best places I could be right now. It's so small that I interact with nearly everyone on campus every week. I meet similar and dissimilar types, and the close community helps me to get along with all of them, rather like a small town. There is solitude if I need it for serious study, but there are also people to hang out with, discussing philosophy or swapping stories. There is a lot of work to do, but through the College of St. Mary Magdalen, I have come to appreciate a proper balance of mental and physical work.
The college is fairly strict, but I think that it is helpful, especially with the large amount of homework and classwork that is required.
CSMM teaches the liberal arts through the Socratic method. Basically, what this means is that the students are constantly seeking truth in class group discussions. The professors assign readings that encourage deep thinking and philosophical discussion during class. It is a wonderfully active way to learn truth.
The facilities here are really nice and clean. The lounge is an awesome place to hang out, there is a spacious gym where students roller skate, play tennis and basketball and a library. There is also a good soccer field outside the multi-purpose building. There are several clubs to join as well as daily student activities, so there is not a lack of things to do.
There isn't much parking available on campus, but that is because most of the students don't have cars. Practically everyone lives on campus so there is very little need to own a car. However, if a student wishes to bring their car, they can park in the small lot behind the multi-purpose building. It isn't large but, at least, it is fairly cheap to get a parking permit here.
Start Your Review of Northeast Catholic College
The girls here are really friendly and nice. They are always willing to help someone out with their homework and spend time with someone who might be going through a tough time. The girls are also modest and womanly. The guys are true gentlemen and most of them are not shy about helping out. All the girls and guys come from different parts of the country so there is a fairly wide range of accents and cultural backgrounds, even though the school is small.
I found the local atmosphere peaceful, which was helpful with a schedule of 20 credit hours. The people here are very relaxed, in contrast to the program, which is very difficult. There are not many local attractions, even for those who walk 40 min. down the mountain to Warner, but there are occasional college outings for skiing, skating, art museums, or just the Concord Walmart. I liked it, but then, I enjoyed the homework, so I didn't need many other sources of entertainment.
I love the program at The College of St. Mary Magdalen! It's not specialized, like a trade or technical school, but it is very well-balanced. Now, many might consider a liberal arts school to be an intellectual scramble where professors argue and confuse their students into broad-mindedness. The College of St. Mary Magdalen, however, actually helps guide their students to the pursuit of truth, so that the students learn not only how to think logically and argue persuasively, but how to live in a way that demonstrates the truth of their convictions. This college's program is not about getting a good job: it's about living well.