North Lake College Reviews

North Lake College was an overall average experience and your average community college. It has its downfalls like most schools, but other than that nice place to get basics out of the way. They do offer some amenities such as a pool, a small gym, and a golf course. Food on campus includes a Subway and multiple vending machines, but five minutes off campus there are some nice places to get quick food. The campus is easy to navigate, and you can easily get from point A to point B within five minutes. They also offer learning centers that provide tutors that can help with assignments.
I am trying to move to another school asap.
the advisor make you feel terrible for all the hard work you put . they don't really care about you here and they don't like to be flexible whit you or help at all. they actually give you classes that you don't need for your career and tell you . that you have to take them to go to there school. Waist of time .
Northlake is a small school with a lot of personality! There are people from all over the world that come to North Lake which leaves for a good mix of different cultures and spirit. Northlake has a really good student atmosphere which allows for students from all over the world to come and mingle. A lot of students are new to this area and are always looking to make new friends. If you want to save money but still get an education that will propel you forward, North Lake is the place to go.
Start Your Review of North Lake College
The classes are pretty small, so getting one on one time with your professor is a choice to anyone who wants it.
I had really nice time at this college. We can find diversity over here which I liked most. All the professors and advisiors are very nice and cooperative. We can find good learning environment here.
North Lake College is a great, local, and convenient college to attend classes at. Although the campus is big, it is very easy to get around with the letter of the building located on the outside of each appropriate building. Parking is plentiful and the staff all seem to be friendly and courteous.
The professors are helpful and care about their students. Overall, they communicate well with their students and let them know what they need to do to get a passing grade. They also seem to have a passion for their subject, and when your professor likes their subject, it's easy to enjoy their class. Personally, I find that the professors are easy to talk to and willing to work with students when their workload inevitably becomes difficult to handle. However, I feel that the college could offer better advertisement for their clubs (such as, for example, Speech club.) I think it would encourage student involvement in leadership and community activities if they provided posters in the hallways on campus of the various clubs that students could participate in.
I have been taking online dual-credit classes at North Lake College. The teachers at North Lake College are kind and are always helpful. They are truly helpful with easing me into the college life to prepare myself for the future.
The professors really attempt to connect with individual student for their benefit; Although it is a community college, everyone tries to help one another and the fact that the campus is very diverse is comforting as a POC. The school is very sustainable to the point that the graduation robes are safe to the environment! Knowing that your school cares for the world as much as they care for you as an individual student, makes attending classes here feel like home.
North Lake lacks a strong student presence when it comes to clubs and organizations. The staff is really helpful during registration and all of the faculty is experienced, knowledgeable and most importantly kind.
Currently I am a student at North Lake College. The school has lots of diversity, and through school I get to experience and learn about student culture. I feel that going to North Lake has allowed me to become exposed to people of all religions and backgrounds. I would love it if North Lake would have more athletics or teams to join, because there are many talented people that might benefit from it. The school's supportive, and caring staff provide an educational and safe environment for students. Since North Lake is a two year college, they work hard to prepare their students for transferring to universities. They teach study skills, time management, and help students juggle classes, work, and family life. All professors I have had have been extremely helpful, supportive, and work to encourage you on your educational journey.
North lake is a school that is very challenging for a community college full of professors that truly care about their students. They have many resources to help you succeed such as free tutoring and learning labs. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good school to prepare them for a four year university.
When people hear community college they think it is the easy way out or just a step up from high school but North lake is very competitive in academics and definitely makes you work for your grade. The professors and very involved and care about the students and their education. One down side of it is that they need more professors to have more courses available for the number of students that are enrolled to give every student the opportunity to take courses needed.
North Lake is a place full of helpful professors who are willing to go an extra mile to make sure that you pass their class with an average grade. The professors are very kind and will push back dates so you can have some extra time to upload assignments in time. The staff is very helpful with what ever help you need.
My experience with North Lake College has been excellent. The instructors and educational advisors are very involved with students. I like that there are a plethora of resources and student opportunities. One thing I would change is the financial aid and IT representatives becoming more resourceful for students, and having more training on student interaction.
My experience as a freshman in college has been great so far. I've only done one semester but I have had a great experience with the professors I've had. Although I have heard some of my peers experience with certain other professors isn't great, so I can't guarantee my experience for everyone. One thing I would like to be better is have a mandatory survey on the professors for students so they can express their honest thoughts. On a separate note, there could be more of a selection in food other than Subway.
I really like the diversity at North Lake College, I have seen many Hispanics like me, talked with people from Europe and Asia and had some friends from Africa. The diversity was one of the reasons why I chose that college.
I also liked that the professors where caring and tried to help students achieve their goals.
One thing I did not like is that there aren't many restaurants in campus. In fact there is only one, which is subway and if you are vegan or vegetarian there aren't many options in the restaurant as well as in the stores.
Start Your Review of North Lake College
I like that North Lake is a community college that accepts everybody. My biggest fear was not getting accepted into college; They made it easy and simple to apply. Also, I really like the fact that they adapt to your schedule when you're working part time and attending school. So far the experience has been wonderful. I hope that it continues.
North Lake College is your average community college. There is a lot of flexibility of courses and many available online courses. The staff is wonderful and the diversity of the campus is second to none. People of all colors and creeds are welcome here. There is no political atmosphere that anyone would feel uncomfortable in. They do not push ideologies onto you but instead pursuade you to make your own critical decisions. It is a very clean campus. If you want an affordable tuition, public transportation availability, and nice staff in an accepting atmosphere, North Lake is for you.
I am attending North Lake College for one class, and my experience there has been good. The environment is friendly, and the tuition is economical.