North Carolina State University Reviews

2,812 reviews
I love NC State University. The only thing I would like to see change is the information given to college freshman. I think that they should hold a required "Intro to college session" for freshman. Something other than convocation that has a panel of either sophomores or seniors giving real college advice specific to NC State.
North Carolina State University is more than a welcoming environment. They provide many family friendly activities. Even the beautiful libraries, such as Hunt, are open to the public at certain times. The research coming from this school is also blooming! So many great inventions were created by students close to my age because they were offered such opportunities. I am excited to go to a university that offers opportunities to research and take what I learn in class to the next level.
NC State.. my "dream school" ladies and gentlemen. This was the first school I visited when I began my college search and I loved it. When I went back before officially applying, I still loved it. What turned me away? The admitted students day.

All this school wanted to focus on was statistics. I heard no genuine opinions of the school. What also struck me was that the school avoided the discussion of rape and sexual assault completely. If this isn't the definition of a red flag, then I'm not sure what is. Following this, I went to the panel for incoming engineers. When I tried to bring up the topic, THERE WERE GROANS COMING FROM MY FUTURE CLASSMATES. The girl who "answered" my question could not have been more scripted too.

If you want a school that only cares about statistics and their rankings and who only care for passing their "competition" (although Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, and Ohio State all rank higher than this school), then congratulations! You found your school!
Review North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University is a wonderful school that offers majors ranging from engineering to education to social work. Faculty and staff are easy to work with and genuinely care about the students. I couldn't have chosen a better school to complete my academic career.
NC State is a great school with many opportunities and connections. If you seek assistance, someone will also be willing to help you in any of your endeavors. It is very expensive but NC State's students are some of the most sought after graduates so it is definitely worth the investment. The campus is pretty diverse in its student population. The food is usually good. There are many on-campus jobs to apply for. The surrounding area is great because you have so much to do and so many different restaurants to try. The campus is beautiful of course and 99% of the professors genuinely care about you and will help you if you seek them out first and make yourself known.
I mean it's just great like you would definitely without a doubt love it and want to come back over and over again
NC State is a great STEMs school to got especially for engineering . Highly recommend if you are interested in engineering or computer science. NC State is big campus with a small campus feel.
Overall I am very pleased with NC State University. The university as a whole does a great job of campus diversity and involvement, and keeping the student body informed and up to date. The campus itself is constantly being improved by our own innovative students and staff, and the school has nearly every resource to aid students from health to finances. It is very high is school spirit as well, and the surrounding area has many activities for students with local businesses providing student deals.
North Carolina State University is an amazing institution with a thriving student life, beautiful campus, excellent academics, and countless opportunities for all its students.
I've been on a few tours through NC State University for my orientations for my upcoming freshman year, and I'm happy to say that I thoroughly enjoy the campus and its wonderful staff. My academic major, physics, has incredibly kind professors that understand that physics is one of the hardest majors there, and are willing to work with you every step of the way. Their class sizes are relatively small for such a large college, which allows for more teacher-student help.
While the diversity may not be as high as I had hoped, they do offer many programs, clubs, and small societies that allow you to get to know others.
Their campus is beautiful, fairly clean, and the surrounding area is blended in with the college campus, making the whole area very student-friendly.
I really love NC State! It's a great atmosphere for diversity and differences. Everyone there is really nice and accepting. It's a great campus because you can get to everything by a short walk. There is a lot of work, but that's to be expected. A really great part is that NC State provides you with a lot of resources to better study with. The libraries are great and are useful for group work. In all the residence halls there are study lounges that are good for group gatherings too. Plus, the Tutoring Center is super useful. Overall, everything thing is good from the people to the food to all the resources provided to you.
The best part of NC State is the atmosphere. It's racially and culturally diverse, and it's diverse in academic interests. The undergraduate experience has a much more relaxed feeling than other schools like UNC and Duke, but more stuff going on in the city and around campus than UNC Wilmington and other, smaller UNC system colleges. It's big enough to have D1 sports (even if our basketball program is in the tank right now) and there is a huge Wolfpack fan base in Raleigh, making for awesome game experiences and a lot of school pride. I don't feel like I'm competing with my classmates academically or socially, which I've heard is an issue at UNC. The downside of going to a big school is that I don't feel very highly valued by the administration. However in my major (Civil engineering) I have class sizes of about 20-40, which is a pretty good ratio, and I'm only in my sophomore year. There is a beautiful (inner) campus and lots of ways to meet people and get involved.
I wouldn't recommend sending my children or attending NCSU. My child was assaulted in their family university housing. Right now I am having a hard time to get that college to release my transcripts after the PhD candidate assaulted my 7 year old. Nasty group there I tell you.
Couldn't see myself anywhere else. Some things suck (like the basketball team and the awful professors in the math department) but some things are just the best (like the ice cream and the facilities). Be open, make friends and find your little community. State is big and overwhelming when you get there but it gets smaller the longer you are there.
Depending on your major, career services and advisers are amazing too.
Good teachers in the biology and Spanish departments! Maybe not the best chemistry department, but I was also not very well prepared from high school for a major in chemistry
I came to State because it was one of the very few schools who offered my major. I never toured the school, I just accepted and came on move in day. There is always something for everyone at State. If someone says that they don't see anything that would relate to them, they're lying. They're just to lazy to do anything. The students are always nice and it's rare to meet someone who is not decently happy. One thing I would change is how dining's relationship with undergrad workers are. I've been working there 3 years, never had a day off, never called off, and as a student we're (I'm) not considered priority when it comes to needing time for school.
The location is pretty good. NC State is located in Raleigh, which is the capital city of North Carolina State. Also, NC State is in a "triangle region", which consists of Duke University, NC State, and UNC Chapel Hill. It provides you more chances to transfer. Also there are lots of great companies and research parks near NC State, you will have more chances to find a job after graduation.
Review North Carolina State University
I like that it is challenging and has a good engineering program, but I also don't like that it's challenging because I'm not doing as well as I would like.
NC State's MSW program will prepare you to handle a wide variety of social work careers. The professors are amazing and teach students how to engage in various social justice activities on multiple levels. This grad program was an excellent career decision.
Excellent University where Professors focus on students learning and education to gain a career. Students are actually learning and planning for career.