North Carolina State University is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Atlantic Coast Conference
North Carolina State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.174 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.183 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.182 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management605 Graduates
Textile and Plastics Engineering270 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering209 Graduates
Computer Science193 Graduates
Chemical Engineering177 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering175 Graduates
Animal Sciences and Husbandry161 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.218 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.272 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 138 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.134 responses
Colleges like North Carolina State University
- B+University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- 4 Year
- Charlotte, NC
- 2,853 reviews
- A-University of North Carolina - Wilmington
- 4 Year
- Wilmington, NC
- 1,633 reviews
- B+East Carolina University
- 4 Year
- Greenville, NC
- 2,656 reviews
- A-Appalachian State University
- 4 Year
- Boone, NC
- 2,337 reviews
North Carolina State University Reviews
One thing that I love about North Carolina State University is the amount of diversity and school pride here on campus. The people here at State are so welcoming and friendly towards one another that it is easy to find someone to study with, party with, or just become friends with overall. I think NCSU has one of the best engineering and communication programs here on campus and they also have a lot of resources at our libraries and everywhere else on campus. Their database is incredible and the library has so much information for you to refer to when doing research or completing an essay. This University has a strong reputation of academic success as well competitive students, which is makes our school very exciting. Each student is engaged and passionate about something and NC State encourages that each student pursue those goals. I highly recommend NC State as a college to consider in your future!
Campus overall is a wonderful place. It's a bit spread out but that's on purpose as there's one area devoted to Engineering while there are others focused on Bio&Ag, Design, and Veterinary schools throughout the school. Their physics and chemistry department can be a bit frightening initially, but after a while, it's nothing an average student can't do on their own. Highly recommend it to any one who is interested in becoming an Engineering, Veterinary, or want to be in the Bio&Ag program!
I just finished my first year at NC State and I can say that I chose the right college. At first I wasn’t so sure how I would fit in, but there’s everything for everyone. The students are nice, the faculty are nice, and the campus is so nice! We have almost everything right on campus. We have a nice food court with a good selection and a more options around the campus across the street. However, if I could see something that is change I would say the even more food selections. It can be quite tiring to get at the same food court for the rest of the semester. But overall, I’m satisfy with what they have.