North Carolina Central University Reviews

College is a lot different than high school. You may decide to commute from your home to a local campus. Your freshman experience will definitely make an impression on you. Without doubt, though, the most dramatic freshman year is for those living away from home. What can you expect as you head off into the wonderful world of higher education?

The first thing you’ll notice is the workload. It will be heavier and more intense than you ever experienced before. The major challenges of college work are the large volume of reading, the short deadlines, and the writing, writing, writing. A related effect that can be brought on by the workload is doubt, frustration, and possibly loneliness. You’ll be away from the comforts and friendships your home provided for you over the previous years.
My experience at North Carolina central so far has been life changing. Not only has It made me grow as a person but the experience has been able to help me connect with people in a whole different way.
I'm a read it student who has enjoyed my experience at NCCU. The professors are available whenever you need help.
Start Your Review of North Carolina Central University
Overall great school! Amazing people and professors. Just a few minor cosmetic changes needed. Campus life is great, students are well rounded.
I have parents as well as grandparents that have attanded NCCU and it has alway been a dream as well as a family lagacy to attend
To receive an education at a HBCU school that has been ranked each year, and the many majors it offers. It is located in Durham which was recently ranked #2 in the nation for the best college town in America. Central is a fun school that shows much pride
I love this school. I am currently a junior and a nontraditional student. Over time I have become a part of a loving family.
North Carolina Central University is the current school I am attending and I really enjoy the school. The campus life is great and all the events are fun.
Be sure to stay involved and active in all activities towards your interest. Don't hide in your room twenty-four-seven. Parties aren't a priority, it's alright to stay in to study or be able to wake up for an a.m. class. Stay focused, set your goals and achieve them.
North Carolina Central University (NCCU) has a dynamic atmosphere alongside a very diverse group of people. The time that I have spent at NCCU has been rearing and filled with memories. The variety of food I would change, but with more budget coming in the near future, I am sure that is in the works.
I went here post graduation and did enjoy the HBCU atmosphere. Class sizes were not too large and professors seemed really invested in student success. You do however have to stay on top of student financial aid as there seems to be a small issue with competence. There is a great sense of pride among students here.
Nccu feels like home to me . Mostly everybody who works here is welcoming . Even most of the students . You would really like it here . It's like a big family . It's diverse but not diverse enough . But we welcome everybody here .
I love that my university upholds truth and service and also educational excellence. My experience here has had its ups and downs, that's with any school, however I have always had access to resources to help me through my day to day!
While I am currently a student at NCCU, I honestly wish I had chosen another college. They were very inexpensive and the saying goes "you get what you pay for" and I do. I get no assistance with registering for classes, no assistance with financial aid matters, and no other help when needed by an advisor or other staff member. I finally received help from one person in the department for my major and then s he transfers to different department. To day I was upset would be an understatement. The website is complicated and not at all user friendly. All the instructors can set up blackboard differently and that gets rather confusing as you look for new assignments and due dates.
As an upcoming freshman and class of 2021 I have much more to learn, and experience about NCCU. So far I love the campus and the students seem friendly and willing to help freshmen settle in. I love how the campus is close to Raleigh which is a very cool place to hang out and meet new people.
Not the greatest of areas but its a great school. A lot of school activities, and events. Many concerts and volunteer opportunities to do.
North Carolina Central University has many organizations/clubs to join. Getting involved is not hard because they always have some event going on around campus. I just love NCCU.
Start Your Review of North Carolina Central University
I love that NCCU is a family environment and that everybody that attends this school feels welcomed. Student life is amazing and so are our athletics. The only thing I would change about NCCU is housing on campus. The living conditions in the dorms are good, but I think we need more housing available for students. I really love my HBCU.
Amazing programs! They have an amazing facility, very diverse even though it's a HBCU it is an wonderful school for all different types of majors.
My experience here at North Carolina Central University has been great. I have met so many new people. North Carolina Central University is the school of truth and service.