North Carolina Central University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
North Carolina Central University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.72 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.71 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.71 responses
Most Popular Majors
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences129 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies128 Graduates
Business Administration and Management109 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies49 Graduates
Public Health Education46 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services45 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.94 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.110 responses
After North Carolina Central University
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.46 responses
Colleges like North Carolina Central University
- B-Winston-Salem State University
- 4 Year
- Winston-Salem, NC
- 1,048 reviews
- B-Fayetteville State University
- 4 Year
- Fayetteville, NC
- 716 reviews
- B-Elizabeth City State University
- 4 Year
- Elizabeth City, NC
- 442 reviews
- B+North Carolina A&T State University
- 4 Year
- Greensboro, NC
- 2,450 reviews
North Carolina Central University Reviews
Review North Carolina Central University
I love the diverse community that make up the student body on campus! There are so many people from different towns, states, and even countries! On top of this, each person sports a myriad of interests, classes, and work experience. Students are very ambitious at this campus, which allows you to surround yourself with people who strive to be the very best at whatever they apply themselves to. Ultimately this pushes you to challenge what you know, defend what you believe in, and in the end, make you a better person.
My experience with North Carolina Central University has been great so far since last year. I enjoy the weather here even though it be switching up on us sometimes. On campus they have useful sources you can use to help you be successful in college. They have a writing center for the students who aren't strong with their writing skills. You also get to enjoy 10:40 break on Tuesday's and Thursday, to consist of party, refreshments for a certain event, a famous person might come down to the school to talk/ get autographs. They also have a great Criminal Justice program here.
Amazing programs! They have an amazing facility, very diverse even though it's a HBCU it is an wonderful school for all different types of majors.