Norfolk State University Reviews

1,330 reviews
Norfolk is also the school my mom attended, which I didn’t know at the time of my colleg research. My goal was to go away but not too far from family. After attending, although the initial entry process was difficult NSU became the school for me. All things educational, social and development have been great.
As an incoming freshman Norfolk is making the transition from high school to college good. The people have been nice
I would like for the financial aid department to get better organized. Other than that overall good school!
Start Your Review of Norfolk State University
So far my experience is good. There’s could be better food options in the cafe. The dorms aren’t bad cause use some more updates. But overall my experience has been good.
It is a pleasant college Help with a good education
Everybody loves the college it has many diversity And good
I like being near the beach and lots of fishing areas. I have meet some good friends and good teachers. I have learned a lot and enjoy my time at Norfolk State. I am near my family. There are some areas that need improving. The washer and dryer need updating. The food is very good and the people are friendly. I would recommend Norfolk State to future students and friends.
I like Norfolk State University. I feel like the downside to it would be me just because they offer you like any other college education to a better future and I didn't take advantage of the situation I neglected and didn't do good luckily they let me come back. If God went to them and let them give me another chance I know I have a way to win.
I am a local student of NSU,meaning I live in the area. Honestly, in comparison to my experience at ODU, NSU has an environment where you feel like a part of a family once you walk In. I enjoy how dedicated and passionate the professors are about my success. At NSU, Your dreams will come true if you put forth the effort. It is a relatively small campus, which makes social interaction, class size, and personal relationships with professors more realistic. I would definitely change the area in which this University is located. A lot of the local people tend to walk on campus without authorization, which could be a safety hazard. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing about my HBCU. BEHOLD !
The illustrious Norfolk State University is an amazing institution. The professors care about the success of their students; making it a fun environment to learn in. Behold the green and gold.
Norfolk State University has some wonderful professors they really care about their students and they want their students to succeed to the best of their ability. The professors at NSU are willing to help you when you were in need of help. The location of the NSU is ok, But they’re really good with security and campus police . Overall I’ve had a great time at Norfolk State University and I’ve learned a lot. It help me become the woman that I am today.
All in all i absolutely love my school. all the students i have come across were actually pleasant to be around. campus for the most part is relatively clean except for all of the geese and the mess they make. i have two complaints, one being the teachers. out of my seven classes only two teachers were actually able to teach, the others slapped the info on the board, gave home work and expected you to learn all of the material. For me personally i cant learn that way, i need you to actually teach and go over the material. Another thing is the fraternities. I've never been a big fan of them and i think its a little overrated to step and blow the whistle to every song they hear.
I appreciate the fact that this campus offers me what most other universities would not. As a black woman attending an HBCU, I feel automatically included in campus life and politics. And it feels rewarding. As far as campus life, it’s great. I don’t live on campus (thank goodness), so I can’t say much about that, but campus life as a whole is appreciated.
I love the environment of the school and how everyone seems like family so quickly once you get there. I also love to activities they have planned out for us students so we can also enjoy our college experience. I do love how the advisers and some of the professors actually care about their students and our futures for when we get out of college. I would change the cafe size because they made it even smaller so it gets very packed during the day and when everyone is done with classes especially on the days they have certain foods that everyone is looking forward to. I would also change the way they plan activities because some students do have classes during those times so they can not enjoy them like the other students do.
My experience at NSU overall was a good one. I’ve learned that there are people that come from all different places but here, you wouldn’t even think so because of how welcoming the school is. For the most part, everyone is treated fairly and with care. Norfolk State is a school that will accept you for the person you are. The only things I would change about the school is better professors. Other than that, Norfolk Staye University is the place to be.
Before I got to Norfolk State I thought I wouldn't like it or the people. But from the first day I stepped on campus I loved every piece of it. The people was fun and nice to get along with. The staff was friendly and helpful. I cant wait to go back Fall 2018.
Nice campus, but needs work on dormitories and Activity planning. The professor are caring and patient for the most part. The food that they provide is average for an HBCU, and the greeks are interesting.
I enjoy the services NSU provides me, especially as an athlete . They care for overall health mentally and physically too . I am able to focus on my track career yet maintain being on the Deans list from the study services provided .
Start Your Review of Norfolk State University
It's been very nice so far! It can be a bit difficult to get in touch with my nursing advisers sometimes, but aside from that it's been a good experience so far.
Norfolk State University is an hbcu (historically black college university) so there is not much diversity. It is a medium sized college, it is not in the best neighborhood but what makes it so good in my opinion is how connected you feel. You get a sense of unity and family life there. Norfolk Stare tries to have a variety of activities for their students there.
The experience with the school and the staff itself is unpleasant. I feel as though the business that the school tries to run is very unprofessional, the communication is broken and the way they conduct an train there workers is poor. There's no reason I should have to go to multiple places on campus to get one simple task done. Its as if the people in position to assist students with their complications don't ever have an answer to simple questions or they simply can't tell students any information regarding issues. I feel as though all employees of the school should be trained in multiple positions so that students don't go on wild goose chases to get one task done. You start at Financial aid just to go through 3 or 4 different offices just for them to tell you to go to student accounts and then back to financial aid.