Norfolk State University Reviews

1,304 reviews
Overall experience at Norfolk State is ok. The highlight of every week is Soul food Thursday’s. The food is worth waiting for by the end of the week. The chicken is good.
Norfolk State University was one of the most outstanding experiences I've ever The Faculty of understanding and very friendly management is pretty decent not to mention to the school is always very Lively and always energetic with on campus events and activities
The college experience is great, however, the food is horrible and the housing is not the best. This HBCU makes everyone feel welcomed and is one big family. The activities that are provided for the students and alumni are amazing but the parking, food, and housing is not the best.
Start Your Review of Norfolk State University
I’m a freshman coming into the university. I’m hoping to gain a lot of experience and knowledge as well as life advice.
Norfolk state is a great place to meet all kinds of people from many different backgrounds. There is always campus activities so you’ll never be bored on campus because it’s always something to do. The people here are very friendly and it’s easy to make friends.
Norfolk State University is excellent but some things need to be changed. For instance, the dorm life and campus in general. The financial Aid response takes to long and they are very unorganized.
I’ve been going to Norfolk State University for two years now and so far I’ve enjoyed myself. There’s plenty of people and facilities here to help you with you work. The people are pretty nice. My freshman year was the best just the right amount of going out and having time to focus on my studies. Now in my second year it’s pretty calm not too much of a party scene now for me just focusing on my class before I go into my major. With the right people you’ll have a great time here at Norfolk State University.
I liked the display of the campus' buildings. The campus is well groomed and quiet during certain times of the day.
I like how Norfolk state is vey diverse . The professors are very good at what they do. I love you be around the campus its so beautiful.
Norfolk State University, the "Home of the Spartans!". I have had a pretty good experience here especially since the professors and staff are nothing short of amazing. The food and dorms could be in a little better condition but this University does not get enough credit. The recent changes that have been made educationally have pointed this school in the right direction. I feel safe on campus as well as optimistic about learning even though I am double majoring in a pretty solid majors, Electronics and Electrical Engineering as well as Mathematics. I highly recommend this historical HBCU college.
I really love Norfolk State University. It is academically challenging and the culture and sense of family is very powerful.
I have so far had a great experience with Norfolk State University. They are all so inviting and friendly and the people have been so helpful. I would definitely advise people to attend Norfolk State University. If you have not found a college yet and are in this area, this would be a great college to attend. It is only about 4 hours from my home town and not that far from a family member of mine so this happened to work out great in my favor.
I went to Norfolk on a college tour and they were in the process of rebuilding. It seemed like they were making the campus updated. I enjoyed how everyone was very personable and it seemed life thy were very interested in getting to know everyone. They also showed us were the Divine 9 was stationed. I really enjoyed this campus.
Academically the school is great. Sometimes there is a need for the student to take charge of their education and make sure everything is in order. Socially there could a improvement on student involvement. SGA need to do a better job as well.
NSU is a great place . From the financial aid office to advisors everyone is there to help you , and I feel like everyone wants to see you do well ! Thank you NSU !
It’s a great HBCU, there is diverse system for learning and social events. The faculty and staff play a major part in why I am successful and continue to be successful throughout my undergraduate studies.
Norfolk State is great school to get a culture experience with a HBCU. Both of my parent graduated from Norfolk state and are successful. NSU is a great starting place to obtain a bachelors degree.
Start Your Review of Norfolk State University
I have been having a wonderful experience with this University. I love this HBCU And the people in it. The professors are caring and awesome.
Everyone at Norfolk State treats you like family, it's very warm and loving there. You gain a second family from this university.
Norfolk State University is one of the best HBCU's in Virginia and I fell in love with their big, spacious campus as soon as I stepped foot on it.