COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Norfolk State University Office of Admissions has adopted a test-optional policy for first-year applicants in the 2020-2021 admissions cycle. Keeping the safety of our students, families, faculty and staff first, we are not hosting on campus visits at this time. NSU continues to monitor the developing COVID-19 situation as we plan for our academic year. Learn More
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB+
Norfolk State University is four-year, public, urban, coeducational comprehensive university offering 31 undergraduate, 15 graduate, and 3 doctoral programs. Our 134-acre campus is near downtown Norfolk, VA with its shops, restaurants and museums. Ranked as a top 20 HBCU by U.S. News and World Report, NSU prides itself of helping our students reach their full potential.
Norfolk State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.96 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.108 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.109 responses
NSU's Traditional Nursing Bachelor’s Degree (BSN) is a highly competitive pre-licensure program that prepares students as generalists in the practice of professional nursing. Upon graduation, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX–RN).
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.118 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.132 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.56 responses