Nicholls State University Reviews

If you like a small university, this is the place for you. Excellent academic programs and knowledgeable staff.
Nicholls State Univeristy is a great univeristy if you’re looking for an amazing college experience. The teachers and administration provide the students with the tools necessary to succeed. The teachers know most of the students by name ( 20:1). My college experience has been fun. Nicholls provides over 100 clubs that you can join. If there’s not a club that you like, you can CREATE your own. (Bass fishing team, now ranked nationally)
Greek life is very unique at Nicholls. The Greek students focus on being successful in the classroom and helping out the community.
Nicholls State University is definitely growing in popularity. The Nicholls football team has had two great season (back-to-back) almost upsetting the Georgia Bulldogs(26-26) and losing to Texas A&M on a close battle game that A&M took in the 4th qtr. (24-14)
If you’re looking to have a great college experience filled with many clubs or organizations to join , and a great friendly community, come to Nicholls!
I am a international student so everything here was new to me. However, i never felt alone and lonely in this university. The professor and students are really good. It is a small campus with small number of students which make this university quiet and peace.
Start Your Review of Nicholls State University
I am only an online student; therefore I wouldn't know much about the facilities. However Nicholls is still a very good school with great teachers.
I love Nicholls. They have a beautiful and very safe campus. Their teachers are very understanding and amazing. They have a lot of opportunities to get class help and many things to get involved in.
I attended Nicholls for the first year and a half of my time in college. During my time here, I met a variety of people and encountered professors and employees of all kinds. However, I felt that, overall, the higher-ups of the university had little respect or concern for students and their educations. I felt that the president of the university at the time was more concerned with the money going into his pocket than the bettering of the many students who choose his school as their new home. The education I received while there was average; the motto "Harvard on the Bayou" is definitely a joke. However, I am thankful to have spent time there and gained at least a basis for the rest of my education once I transferred.
Nicholls has a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. The staff is always eager to help you in any way possible, and there are many fun and educational venues here.
What I like about Nicholls State is there is a lot of activities going on. I think the best activity is crawfish day.
My experience so far with Nicholls State University has been outstanding. Their recruitment process is wonderful, they explain everything and make you feel like family.
Nicholls was a great change for me and I love it. The only thing that should be improved is the WiFi in housing.
I really enjoy that Nicholls is a smaller University. This allows professors to get to know the students in their classrooms, which is important for the learning process. One thing I would change would be advising, who performs it and how to make it more effective for students.
I love Nicholls! It is a very unique college and not too small or too big. We have lots of majors and activities and with having such small classes it makes learning easier
It’s great go there. Great food great people great teachers. Football is life there. The housing in great come take a visit....
I like almost everything. Nice and more caring teachers would be nice. The Housing office is horrible. They do not care about your needs and wait last minute for everything. Also, a lot of people just want to get you out of their office as soon as possible. But, there are a few wonderful teachers who are helpful. It just depends on the day and the issue.
When I first got to Nicholls, I had no idea what I was doing since I was the first in my family to go to college. Several of my professors and new friends taught me how to develop study skills and find out what I actually wanted to do in life.
Nicholls has many opportunities for everyone to branch out and find their place. Overall, the classes are easy to find and for the majority of the time they are close together. Student activities are everywhere and always available throughout the day. One of the best places to go is the rec center to participate in so many activities from individual workout sessions or an exercise class. I would like to me more events in the cafe.
Great university which I highly recommend! The campus is quite big and the dorms are awesome too. The most important thing is that the environment is friendly and you will get support from many fellow students as well as avpersonal attention from professors. The staff and faculty is great! You won't regret being at that area either. The Cajun people are very friendly and kind.
Start Your Review of Nicholls State University
Small campus, student-focused. Not a big party school except on Thursday. Affordable. Does have scholarships. Sodexo is the only food companies on campus but tastes good sometimes if you ask me. Some people complain about it all but cant satisfied everybody.
I absolutely love Nicholls. It is a small campus so the classes are small which is good for me. My mom graduated from Nicholls, so I was basically raised going to the campus. I also attended summer camps and soccer camps every year. Everyone there is super nice. I have always had great experiences at Nicholls. I don't have anything that I would change about it.
This is my first year at Nicholls as a freshmen. I live in a dorm with four roommates, we all have been friends for awhile so that was pretty cool that I was able to choose my roommates. I am studying premed and the classes are a little hard. I have never had so much homework before. lol I have made new friends as well. I have only been here for a short time so I really think the best is yet to come and I will make the most out of it. I'm always in class when there is certain events going on around campus that I would like to see change so I would be able to check out. But beside that overall I like it here.