Nicholls State University Reviews

I just started at Nicholls last semester. I love that when I try to contact anyone, they are always helpful and actually respond to me.
Overall, I like Nicholls State University. The professors for the most part are caring and want to see students succeed, the courses are informational and a good load for the college level. The dorm I stayed in (Ellender) was terrible. The floor I was on was loud and people were still coming up the elevator at three a.m. and the RAs picked and chose what to enforce. The campus overall was absolutely gorgeous. As far as the party scene goes, I personally wasn't all that involved in any groups or anything so for me there wasn't much of one, but that doesn't mean it's nonexistent, you just have to know people. The local area is small and there's not much to do, but it's cute. The campus food can be a little bland sometimes, but it's surprisingly good. My biggest problem is with the attendance policy in place. I feel that since we're adults paying for our education at this point, there shouldn't be an attendance policy, we should be responsible for ourselves.
Nicholls State University is a great university and great in education. It is also known as Harvard on the bayou. Besides the academics, there are many different activities that are available for us to enjoy ourselves, especially during the homecoming. There is a big bonfire with great music and food and so many other things. Most people at this school takes it very seriously and you are always seeing people going to the library to work as well as teachers helping the students with whatever they need help in. I loved it there my first year and I am very excited to go back for my second year. The first two semesters seemed hard because I was not used to college but as it went on it got better and I'm ready to have a better experience at this school and do many activities.
Review Nicholls State University
Nicholls State University has several opportunities as far as academics and student life. I found myself learning more and more about things on campus over the years. I enjoy the campus life and I wish there were more organizations such as, sororities for African American females. I hardly ever see a African American female involved with the many activities involved with being apart of a sorority. I enjoy participating in activities on campus and everyone is friendly and willing to meet new people.
I love my Nicholls! They have a wide variety of majors and they treat all students like family! Nicholls is our Harvard on the Bayou!
Nicholls State University is the perfect college for you if you are looking for a small university that you can connect 1 on 1 with professors and students. The bayous of Thibodaux is the perfect cajun atmosphere and coming to Nicholls is truly an experience.
So far Nicholls is proving to be everything I wanted it to be. The small campus and class size really help the students get to know their classmates and professors.
Faculty is encouraging. People are awesome. I never felt like away-from-home whole semester except for the food there. I could not match my taste there and thats understandable too. I am happy I chose Nicholls for my journey.
My experience at Nicholls has had its ups and downs. There were times where I knew things could have been easier for me or I could have gotten more help. They pile up a lotta work on you over there. The food wasn't very good at the Student Union; sometimes they had their off days also. I wish the burgers were better. Especially after I have been stressing out over exams all week.
Nicholls state is the perfect school for many students who want to go to an affordable 4 year college that isn't too big. Thibodeaux is a home away from home for most people. The community is very welcoming, and the administration does a very good job of making Nicholls state feel like home.
I love my school and the culture. It is a very diverse campus and I love the atmosphere. Growing up in New Orleans in a city and then moving to a small town made me do different things than before. For example, like for our homecoming there was a bond fire which I had never experience. I think it is a very great school for people to go to if they want to experience new things. There is nothing that I would change about my school except maybe more things.
I am a freshman this year and I am so glad I chose Nicholls State! My biggest fer coming in was that I would be all alone n campus and it would be difficult to adjust to college life. But everyone at Nicholls and even the surrounding city of Thibodaux is super friendly and they really care about your well being. And the faculty go out of their way to help you get adjusted to college life and the professors are always available if you need extra help with anything. The residence halls are all really nice and some are more laid back (Zerinue, Scholars, Ellender) while other are more on the strict side (Millet) ut they are all really easy to live in. The food is amazing and if you don't like the cafeteria food there are other options that are also really good. Nicholls also has a lot of clubs and my advice is to get involved in as many as you can because its a lot easier to make friends that way. Nicholls also gives away a lot of free food which was a huge bonus for me!
My experience at Nicholls State University has been a wonderful one so far! I've met many other students from around the country. I'm not extremely familiar with the area, so it feels great to know that I am attending one of the safest universities in the state of Louisiana. There's also plenty of opportunities for students to get involved on campus and make new friends. Nicholls is a great choice!
I am currently a freshman student at Nicholls State University. I really love my school because there is so much to offer for the students. One thing that I was worried about when choosing a college was will there be great resources to rely for each career plan. Nicholls has the best college of business program so far. I plan to succeed in my new journey moving forward. Nicholls also have great faculty/staff that are people friendly and will help you around and find information for you if needed. Because we're not as big of a campus, that is also a plus because it is easier to get around and find different networks of people. I would recommend this school to anyone.
I like how Nicholls State University has a home atmosphere. The community of Thibodaux is very helpful and looks out for one another. Nicholls tries very hard to do anything they can for their students. The only thing that would be good to change, is many students commute, some even an hour. Nicholls is an overall great college.
Recruiting plays a big part to our campus. We try to get people to come to our campus as much as we can.
The classes are very easy. The variety of classes are pretty good. The professors are there to help you. They help you if you are failing anything or not getting anything. Depending on what classes you have determine the size of it but overall the size is pretty good.
Review Nicholls State University
The campus is an okay based safety campus. I still feel that it is not that safe but they have police polls all around if we come into trouble.
To live on campus, it is very clean and nice. The buildings where i am at is so easy to get to my classes, i can never be late. It is easy to go to the convenient store that is a minute right by my building. The pool area is great and there is no trash around
Everybody participates in a greek event or non-greek event. It is all about having fun and enjoying it with friends. Everybody is liked by everyone. There are no differences between greeks and non greeks because we all go to the same school and everybody just get along so well. We support one another when others are in need.