Newman University Reviews

Newman is a wonderful place to obtain a college degree. So far in my education, it has been nothing but great. The professors truly care about students' education; they hold review sessions before test and put in a lot of extra hours outside of class. Newman has a very strong science program, so if you're looking at going to graduate school to become a physician, dentist, physical therapist, etc. I would strongly recommend Newman. In addition to its science program, Newman also has a very strong Nursing program, school of education, and Criminal Justice program. If you're looking for a big college environment Newman probably isn't the school for you; it's pretty small.
The campus is small and compact, so getting from one side to the other only takes a couple of minutes. The small atmosphere makes it so you know your professors well, and they know their students by name and not number. Commuting is the only downside because a lot of students do it, so parking can be a bit of a hassle sometimes.
I am just ready to enter Newman University in the fall. They have been very helpful and accommodating to help me get enrolled and ready. I am transferring from a community college. The staff have been very kind and helpful. The campus is welcoming and beautiful. I am eager to get started and earn my bachelor's degree at Newman University. I want to be a part of their community and be a valuable asset to their program.
Start Your Review of Newman University
Newman University is a great college for those who like a tight-knit community. Everyone feels like family and your professors all know you by name. We all watch out for each other and I have not encountered a mean person there
Very good school, with knowledegable teaching staff and interesting courses. Great class dynamic and size, which allows you to have great discussions. High cost of tuition is a drawback. No school scholarships if using VA benefits.
Great college to take college credit through. I have at least 10 credit hours already completed and I am only a Senior in High School.
As a freshman coming from a high school that prepared me for college. Newman's academics were slightly challenging. However because this is a catholic campus there are some limitations on what the administration and faculty can allow which hinders the amount of fun students can safely have. Funding is also a problem, and lastly there isn't a lot to do on campus.
The classes are overpriced for the quality. I have a professor who canceled class by not showing your times throughout the semester and did not show up to the final at all. There is no waiting list for classes despite the limited choices and small class sizes. The dining hall provides bad-mediocre food. I am very disappointed that I chose this school and am transferring after one semester.
Love the atmosphere at the university. Small campus and class size but tuition fees are crazy high and they increase the prices willy nilly without any financial disclosure
The education here is top notch. The professors are some of the best in the area and are focused on ensuring that the students not only succeed in their courses but outside of the lecture hall as well. This combined with a beautiful campus and tight-knit community make attending Newman one of the best decisions I've made.
I really enjoy the education I am recieving at Newman University it is very high quality. This school is a very helpful school when it comes to my career goals. The science program is really intense and well rounded. I would like to see more people involved in the school and more activity within the student body. We are a small D2 but there are areas we can improve.
The college has a very homey feel. Even though it is a University the atmosphere feels like a local community college. Instructors work with their students really well.
I like the small class sizes and how easy it is to get to know your professors, especially within your major. You do feel the Catholic presence on campus, which is good if that is what you are looking for, but can be intimidating if you are not Catholic.
Newman has a small campus with 13:1 ratio . This allows more one on one with your professors and those same professors knowing you as a student. The science programs for nursing and pre-med are second to none. I wish there was football, but the social aspect of college life is still here.
The professors really care about each student. There's always something on campus to get you connected with other people or programs. Newman is a family, not just a college.
The staff is great and incredibly helpful. I have yet to have a bad experience with a professor there. They're always friendly, and more than willing to help students with plenty of one-on-one time. The student body is also great with plenty of different clubs and activities, as well as good accommodations to help students succeed. It's a small campus, but it's great!
My adviser knows my name, and what I want out of life. This is what has made my experience at Newman a good one. Having a relationship with my professors instilled in me a sense of personal accountability. My instructors never fail to encourage me to keep getting better. The faculty wants success for their students and they do their part to ensure that success. Life outside of the classroom is not as impressive. However, Newman does not make it impossible to have a great college experience, but that has to be an active choice by each student. Getting a great education without much entertainment outside of the classroom seems like an okay compromise to me. After all, It is not the responsibility of my university to entertain me. I went to college wanting a intense four years of personal growth, Newman made that possible.
Start Your Review of Newman University
During the fall/spring semester, there are emails sent out from the career center/services that provide a list of possible job/internships.
Most of the classes I have taken so far have been useful and have helped given me the tools I need to succeed. class sizes are typically small and professors are always there if you need their help.
There is very little number of campus crimes. As for personal safety, I feel fine to walk around on campus except near the green area by Sacred Heart due to it being poorly lit. However, security is always patrolling the campus and if I feel that I am in a sketchy place I call them and they will escort me to where I need to go.