Newman University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division II (without football)
Newman University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.18 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.17 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.17 responses
Most Popular Majors
Elementary Education32 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities20 Graduates
Radiation Therapy20 Graduates
Occupational Therapist Assistant17 Graduates
Respiratory Care Therapy13 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies9 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.16 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.22 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Newman University Reviews
Newman is a wonderful place to obtain a college degree. So far in my education, it has been nothing but great. The professors truly care about students' education; they hold review sessions before test and put in a lot of extra hours outside of class. Newman has a very strong science program, so if you're looking at going to graduate school to become a physician, dentist, physical therapist, etc. I would strongly recommend Newman. In addition to its science program, Newman also has a very strong Nursing program, school of education, and Criminal Justice program. If you're looking for a big college environment Newman probably isn't the school for you; it's pretty small.
The staff is great and incredibly helpful. I have yet to have a bad experience with a professor there. They're always friendly, and more than willing to help students with plenty of one-on-one time. The student body is also great with plenty of different clubs and activities, as well as good accommodations to help students succeed. It's a small campus, but it's great!
As a freshman coming from a high school that prepared me for college. Newman's academics were slightly challenging. However because this is a catholic campus there are some limitations on what the administration and faculty can allow which hinders the amount of fun students can safely have. Funding is also a problem, and lastly there isn't a lot to do on campus.