New York University Reviews

4,837 reviews
I am attending NYU this coming fall, and from what I've seen of it during my college visit, it is a wonderful school with great academics, students, and faculty. While no official college town, Greenwich Village has a lot to offer for different students. I will be studying music this coming year and I know for a fact that NYU's music school is one of the best there is. The main thing that concerns me about this University is the cost, with tuition being well over $50,000 and room and board an additional $14,000. However, the education I am anticipating will hopefully outweigh the negatives and make the cost well worth it!
I do not attend New York University, however I am a prospective student hoping to attend NYU for the 2018-2019 school year. I really enjoyed the campus, and am hopeful that I will be able to study here next year.
Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.Great School.
Start Your Review of New York University
Nothing must change! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NYU needs to stop saying diversity, equity, and inclusion when they're not fully committed to it. Many students end up putting in the work (while not being paid) that administrators should be doing.
New York University has provided me with what I need academically. However there are quite a bit of snobby New York City kids, which makes it hard to socialize.
I wish they would offer more scholarships. That’s all. Otherwise I am beyond excited to go to college there.
I'm currently applying to NYU and have some friends that go there. They have had great experiences! I'm hoping to get in!
NYU offered my desired program. I have enjoyed my program. I would not want to be anywhere else. NYU dorms are reasonably priced and very convenient. I am glad I continued to live in the dorm after freshman year. Also, as a vegan, it is easy to find food for me in the dining halls.
This campus is literally the city. Every day I take a new way back to my dorm and discover another NYU building. Although this is a large school, it is easy to find your group. Opportunities surround you every day. Professors are there when you need them. However, it wouldn’t hurt to look them up. There’s a reason why NYU is a dream school.
It's a good school with a lot to offer academically and holistically. You can meet people from places you've never even heard of and experience a variety of backgrounds and cultural perspectives. It is a very expensive school though, and it definitely caters more to wealthier students. But you can be very successful at any class level.
As a current Freshman at NYU I have had an amazing experience so far. All the professors are so open and helpful and encourage their students to thrive and ask questions. It is also a very international school and as a student from a different country it was very easy to adapt.
Overall NYU is an amazing school with some of the best professors in the world. Being in the heart of NYC makes it possible to have so many amazing career opportunities and to really get a jump start on post-college life while you're still in school. That being said, if you're looking for a traditional college experience, you're not going to find it here. With no campus, very few athletics and a Greek community more reminiscent of a school club than the stereotypical frat/sorority, NYU is filled with students passionate about what they're studying who are very career driven and spend most of their time exploring the opportunities offered by the city outside of school.
I love New York University. I find the classes to be challenging and fulfilling. I always come away from a semester satisfied that I have learned something new, and that I have personally evolved in some way. In my opinion, the best part about studying at New York University is the amazing professors who teach there.
Classes are very unique and suited to multiple tastes, dorms are a comfortable and safe environment, dining hall has very well-prepared food
NYU changed my family’s life. My sister was part of the Class of 2017, and for our parents, this was the manifestation of their hard work and sacrifices. From joining my sister during her Weekend on the Square, to tagging along with her during CAB events, all the way until celebrating the Class of 2017 at Grad Alley, I was amazed by the electric and passionate environment fostered at the university. I had the incredible opportunity to intern for Professor Yoel Ohayon in the CAS Chemistry Department this past summer and witnessed groundbreaking research being conducted, which further solidified my commitment to NYU. I am passionate about being part of the Violet community as I have seen the incredible opportunity and social responsibility an NYU education enables you to access.
The experience of a being at NYU is a full one, there's is too much to do on campus as well as off campus. I would not trade my city life for anything else. Imagine taking art classes in Washington Sq Park, studying in a library that overlooks the famous bussiness school, having the opportunity to live in Union Sq, Chinatown, Greenwich, and Soho, and then spending a semester abroad. There is a reason NYU is one of the top 5 dream schools. It's really what you make of it and no single person's city adventure will be quite the same! Last but not least finding your community on campus has been one of my most treasured experiences. There are too many clubs and people to meet. Finding incredibly talented people to share your passion projects with, that has been the best part of my networking and college experience at NYU.
Start Your Review of New York University
So far the process has been really smooth everyone on campus is also really nice. The school is located in a great area near a lot of trains.
NYU is a fantastic school for someone who is independent and ready to get involved in as many ways as possible. There is no real campus, which some people will love, but is not for someone who wants the "traditional" college feel. Social justice and conversations about culture are very important in the NYU community, which is great. As a grad student, I feel incredibly well-supported by the faculty.
I've loved my experience at NYU. I'm getting a fantastic education, better advising than I ever had in high school, and unique opportunities.