New York University Reviews

4,800 reviews
I love the setting of the campus in the vibrant heart of New York City, and the diversity that comes with studying in a global metropolis. The teacher are excellent and very international, while the athletics are rather weak due to the missing space for pathetic facilities.
New York University is an amazing college. The diversity presented allows the student community many different opportunities.
The best thing about NYU is the fact that I'm learning from experts in the field. For my philosophy classes, I'm learning from some of the top philosophers in the world.
Review New York University
New York University is one of the most diverse universities you can ever visit. There are a lot of people that can help with your visit (both students and faculty).
There are also a lot of programs here for students (educational, recreational, etc.).
The only downside is that there is no "closed" campus (lack of a better security). However, a lot of students here tend to think of Washington Square Park as their campus.
They made me feel at home and eager to learn. It became my top school not because of the location which was a plus. (who wouldn't want to live in one of the greatest cities in the world) But the program was jaw dropping, tisch school of the arts regarding dance was one of the greastest things I've seen, nigh will forever be my favorite school
I knew it was an urban school and didn't anticipate the rah rah I would have found at suburban schools. I was looking for an experience that a city University can give. Greenwich village is unique not available anywhere. I am sorry to read though that anti white sentiment exists, it hope that is wrong. Don't go to NYU if you're looking for a traditional "between the hedges" experience.
I would like to see more diversity within the students. I believe its an amazing school and I would love to be apart of it
If you've never been depressed in your life, you better buckle up because you will feel it at NYU. The professors do not care about you, and you get what you make of the entire experience. Making friends is incredibly difficult and life is just generally unforgiving. Fabulous opportunities and some good classes, but overall definitely not worth your time.
I felt the faculty student interaction left a lot to be desired. I was in Gallatin, the smallest program at NYU and I still felt indifference bordering on disinterest from both my professors and advisor
Wonderful faculty, students, and environment. Attending Abu Dhabi campus. Highly competitive, world class facilities, incredible peer-mentor support and extracurricular opportunities beyond classroom
I love NYU's environment and resources. The libraries are stunning and seem like the perfect place to study, the community is quiet and sweet right outside of Times Square, and the students are incredible helpful and smart.
No school is perfect... but I do enjoy attending this school. I am a student at their campus in Shanghai and I think it is a solid fit.
I love everything about NYU. The people, the area, resources available and so on . The one thing i do not like is the the amount of financial aid they are willing to give you.
NYU is an extremely diverse, mind-blowing, and very different kind of experience than most universities offer. Since NYU does not have an official campus, the city is our campus, which is mesmerizing. I believe that for other colleges, students are protected within their small niche and then thrown into the world once they graduate, whereas here we are thrown into the real world from the get-go. Students are already making connections and navigating the real world before they even graduate. Sometimes it can be overwhelming and scary but the upside is that there are plenty of people to meet and places to go. If I could change anything, it would be the lack of school pride. It doesn't feel like there is a major sense of community at our school. Overall though, this school offers a definitively unique experience in one of the greatest, safest, and most magical cities in the world.
The connections one can build at NYU is amazing. Even before attending classes at NYU, there's many ways people can get involved. This includes STEM programs, summer classes, and even internships offered by NYU. The faculty is welcoming and the community here is diverse.
Studying at NYU has been such a life-changing experience for me! I love the campus and surrounding city, acamemics are great as well!
It is a big community. Sometimes you get lost in the crowd because of the magnitude of people that exist, but the teachers do care tremendously about their students. Lots of aspects of the school are organized while other aspects are scattered. Even with the hype it is a very good school. I don't know if it is worth the money, but the amount of networking that occurs is unparalleled.
Review New York University
I like the professors who used their teaching skills to enhance their students' academic skills. The students could learn more if they shared what they understand about a topic with other students.
NYU is located in New York City which makes it a great school for students that are interested in interning at large companies and working while studying. When students are not in class, they can enjoy the many activities New York has to offer. NYU, unlike many other colleges, has its building spread throughout the city, which means there is no campus. Students are immersed with other New Yorkers. The dorms at NYU are clean and all freshmen are guaranteed housing on campus. In terms of academics, NYU has almost every major you could think of. It also has great med, law, and graduate programs.
I have done Summer Camps with them and they are very open minded and willing to help you learn. They do an amazing job at making you feel comfortable, and make NYU the place you want to be.