New York University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.306 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.318 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.317 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities598 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production375 Graduates
Drama and Theatre Production370 Graduates
Political Science and Government226 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies195 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 213 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.397 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.479 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.203 responses
New York University Reviews
I love NYU! I'm a film and television major at NYU Tisch, and I am having the time of my life. All of my professors have been so inspiring and they actually take an interest in you and what your strengths and weaknesses are. Tisch has given me so much valuable experience on student sets and in class that I am sure I could not have received anywhere else. There are so many classes to choose from in every aspect of filmmaking, which gives students so many skills that can be marketable when looking for a job after graduation. The internship coordinator is amazing as well, as many of my friends and I have found our internships through him. NYU is amazing!
The experience of a being at NYU is a full one, there's is too much to do on campus as well as off campus. I would not trade my city life for anything else. Imagine taking art classes in Washington Sq Park, studying in a library that overlooks the famous bussiness school, having the opportunity to live in Union Sq, Chinatown, Greenwich, and Soho, and then spending a semester abroad. There is a reason NYU is one of the top 5 dream schools. It's really what you make of it and no single person's city adventure will be quite the same! Last but not least finding your community on campus has been one of my most treasured experiences. There are too many clubs and people to meet. Finding incredibly talented people to share your passion projects with, that has been the best part of my networking and college experience at NYU.
Through the Global Liberal Studies program's Core Program I spent my first year abroad in Florence, Italy living on a bequeathed estate! I was accepted to this program because I showed an interest in the Humanities, and checked the box on the application rating my preferences for the global academic sites which also include Paris, London, & Washington DC. The best things I love about the campus is the Office of Student Life staff who are peppy (especially Jillian) and super helpful whenever you have a question. In addition, they also host all-expense paid trips all over Italy, so I highly recommend. Lastly, the campus has La Pietra Dialogues which hosts leading minds across a wide array of topics. Last semester I was able to meet the US diplomat to Italy, the head of Bloomberg News, and Angela Davis! Need I say more?