New York University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.306 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.320 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.319 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities536 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production359 Graduates
Drama and Theatre Production352 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication267 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies231 Graduates
Political Science and Government217 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 215 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.399 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.481 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.203 responses
New York University Reviews
Attending NYU has been an amazing experience! NYU is somewhat diverse because there are many international students. But I feel that it lacks in more Latino and African American students. NYU is not big on athletics, but they have two gym locations that have various types of equipment and courts. The dorms vary based on the location some of them are really modern, but others need some repairs and renovation. Campus food is alright. I recommend going to Kimmel, instead of Weinstein because it is less crowded. Freshmen living in dorms have to get a meal plan. Overall, the campus is in the center of the city so there are a lot of events and locations to go to on the weekends.
The campus is very much urban, which is exactly what I am looking for! Its boundaries lie around Washington Square Park and extend a few blocks beyond the park. The facilities are highly advanced, including state-of-the-art technological accesses, as well as brand new furniture and decor. The academics are outstanding, with a multitude of well-known figures that are currently attending the university or are apart of the vast alumni association.
I love NYU! I'm a film and television major at NYU Tisch, and I am having the time of my life. All of my professors have been so inspiring and they actually take an interest in you and what your strengths and weaknesses are. Tisch has given me so much valuable experience on student sets and in class that I am sure I could not have received anywhere else. There are so many classes to choose from in every aspect of filmmaking, which gives students so many skills that can be marketable when looking for a job after graduation. The internship coordinator is amazing as well, as many of my friends and I have found our internships through him. NYU is amazing!