New York Institute of Technology Reviews

The classrooms are small, which allows students to connect with teachers better. Even though it is in the city, they have many events to get students involved, and they offer many job opportunities for students in the school , an internships outside of the school.
NYIT is a small school on a beautiful campus. Classes are small and it's not that hard to get the classes you want, but working with different departments and financial aid can be a pain at times. Food is better than people may think, it certainly isn't bad at all. As a commuter, social life seems rough, many students are friends with people from their dorms or have gone to school with classmates from high school. There are parties, but word does not spread, you have to be in the loo[ which is also frustrating. Sometimes they can be across the island too. There are a good amount of extracurricular activities but they do not cater to all. Recreation is definitely lacking.
I graduated from NYIT with a BFA majoring in computer graphics. I have to say the school was a bit mediocre at the time. The computer labs were good but the teaching philosophy was lacking. I did not feel prepared for the world of animation. Guidance was extremely lacking and ultimately faculty didn't go out of their way to help their students succeed.

I learned most of what I needed to from my peers. Also the labs were not always open at the times I needed it to be so I could get projects done in a timely manner.
Review New York Institute of Technology
This private school has a lovely little campus with great professors who really try to help you when you have trouble. Small classes allow for individualized help and many classes have reasonable to easy difficulty. The food here is delicious, the SAC has excellent food!! Best pizza place and fresh chicken and pasta! It is fairly easy to get classes you want and administration is willing to work with you. I didn't dorm so I can't tell much about that, but as a commuter student I found it easy to make friends and didn't feel left out. The area around the school is fun and lively, many buses are around campus to take you places. On campus they have nice events like Tuesday bingo nights that give out flatscreen tv's, and fun events like 'stuff your own pokemon.' Excellent school for a good education and price!
Will not do anything to help the student experience. Poor library, terrible student activities center, lousy facilities.
I think NYIT Old Westbury campus is a great school. It's safe to be there, also they have great professors that are eager to help you. The diversity is great. Also, the Academics is fit for anyone that wants to do a career in that specific major. This school is great.
The school offers many career fairs for students to meet job employers from various backgrounds.
Professors really care about their students.
Amazing school for Architecture. An experience worth living.
At the Manhattan campus, athletics is essentially nonexistent. As for student involvement and school spirit, they're both lacking at NYIT.
This university has failed to help place me in an internship program within my area of study. Considering the amount of money I pay for tuition, this university should at least be helpful in preparation for my future career. I had to reach out to a development program outside of school for guidance and help. Also, the fact that there aren't enough professors at the Manhattan campus is absolutely ridiculous; the school of management is an absolute joke.
Just beginning, but the process has been great so far
I don't see much drug use at my school. This school has more specified majors and, therefore, I think the students who attend this school are more focused on their careers and education than partying.
This is my first college experience so I really have nothing to compare. During my first year the professors seemed knowledgeable as did the student assistants that they use. Class size is acceptable and the courses offered are, likewise, acceptable and needed for my major.
Again, only going into my Sophomore year, I did not look into internships my freshman year. I took the opportunity to get used to college life and focused on the courses and my school work before attempting to do any internships because I felt I needed a little bit more background for my major. Again, my major is architecture and I feel I need to be able to prove myself and have a little bit more knowledge for what to expect and what will be expected of me. I am hopeful that this year, my sophomore year, I may be able to do a little interning
I have never had an issue with any campus security or felt unsafe. The campus police, however, is the next parking lot from my dorms making me feel very safe.
Unfortunately, the dorms for my college are not on campus. The dorms are approximately a 20 minute drive to campus. You must either have your own transportation or use the college provided shuttle buses to bring you from the dorm to campus. This can present a problem if you need to stay after in a class or attend unscheduled lectures.
Review New York Institute of Technology
I have met several different fraternity and sorority members. I have joined a fraternity whose members are a lot of other architect students and, therefore, we have the opportunity to seek help from the upper classmen/fraternity brothers, with our projects. It appears to me, only going into my sophomore year, that the Greek life on my campus appear to be mature leaders, helpful and thoughtful individuals who are always looking for ways to pay it forward.
While athletics is a part of my college, it is not the main focus as it is in some schools. I go to a "technical" school where the focus or mainly on education. A majority of the students in my college participate in art/design/architecture and or the medical field and, therefore, the course load and work and study takes so much time that there is not really enough time to participate the athletics.
My experience at school thus far has been okay. It is my first time away from home and it took some adjusting with the living quarters (mainly sharing a bathroom with 6 other people). It is a lot of hard work and finding the time to get all my school work complete and submitted on time was a challenge at first. Being an architecture major means some all nighters working on architecture projects and still finding the time and energy to complete my other course work.

Trying to focus on my education and trying not to stress about the student loans is another hurdle that I must get over.