New York Institute of Technology Reviews

NYIT has become a second home to me already and its only the first month! I enjoy all my classes and all of the professors are very approachable and helpful :)
The combined Manhattan and Long Island campuses of the college have about 1000 faculty members; among these, about 300 are full-time whereas about 700 (about seventy percent) are part-time faculty (adjuncts). Currently, we seem to be prioritizing our "profit centers" in terms of allocating resources (chemicals and/or equipment and/or well-qualified and articulate full-time faculty). The "profit centers" are the osteopathic medical school (D.O.) and of course, the combined seven year BS/DO program. Due to the current trend, BS/DO undergraduates will likely receive an acceptable education since we prioritize all programs connected to the D.O. when we allocate our resources. What about undergraduates whose major is not BS/DO? While they might still receive a quality education, they may find themselves receiving "leftovers" in terms of resources due to the "potluck" allocation of these when those not majoring in BS/DO are involved. If you are not enrolled in BS/DO, go somewhere else.
The classes and professors are pretty good. However, the office of the bursar and their financial aid department are simply horrendous, and I do not recommend this school simply for that reason, especially if your family has any special or unusual circumstances.
I was being billed for the Spring 2018 semester only to find out days before the semester was over that they thought I was enrolled for part time, and therefore, proceeded to tell,
"Hey, we billed you the wrong amount, so instead of playing $13,000 you have to pay $18,000."
The staff is simply negligent, especially the people running the desk in the Advisement and Enrichment center building, as I asked them multiple times if once my verification process is done that I would not have to pay anything more, and I was told YES.
The one saving grace in the entire financial aid department is William Wall. He seems to be the only decently competent member of that entire staff and is working diligently to help me in this situation.
Start Your Review of New York Institute of Technology
I liked how they had a major within the field that I want to go into. Since I want to be a Nutritionist. They have something similar within the field such as a Clinical Nutritionist. It'll take me 4 years to complete.
This college has terrible professors and terrible syllabus. They teach you everything that's not needed and skip over every important topics. They use Google for notes and all the college cares about is money. I Graduated with a good GPA but didn't learn a thing. If you have to take a license exam after graduating then please don't go here as it will not prepare you for it. And all their advertisement is fake
NYIT has solid academics and is located on a safe/beautiful campus. Since it is a small school, there are limited selections when it comes to scheduling classes. Also, there are not many ways to get involved in terms of student life, but this can be due to the fact that it is composed of mostly commuters.
My experience has been relatively poor due to poor professors, living in dorms 20 minutes away off campus, as well as playing a sport here
I have attended New York Institute of Technology for the past 6 months. Ths campus is very presentable, cafes have delicious food choices, and the professors are great. You will get the opportunity to obtain a great education that will be helpful in ths future. Very diverse school as well, a whole variety of races go here. Many helpful resources are around the campus to help with trouble, available to anybody. Many sports complexes also so you can exercise or enjoy playing sports with friends. Weather is always nice besides the Winter where it may be cold, otherwise very comfortable temperatures daily.
I like the staff, very friendly people. I also enjoy having small classes. This helps me create a better relationship with my teachers. I like the campus itself. Very beautiful, however, the dorms that are on the SUNY Old Westbury Campus are horrible.
I like how flexible and accommodating the schedules are. I would like to see a change in the dorms, for it is not up to par with how high the cost is to live on campus. The professors are not top notch teachers, students are primarily teaching themselves. The cost of tuition students have to pay isn't displayed in the quality of the school at all.
Nice campus and professors are helpful.
Only downside is the price and continuing education there doesn’t give much financial help. Overall, good university and nice location.
There are many majors there that are very beneficial. Architecture and Technology is very good in the college to study for
NYIT has a great campus and all the students are very welcoming. Everybody is there to help you do your best and try to put you on the right path. There is a ton of resources available, and over all it is a great tech school.
Faculty and staff are generally very nice, but there is so much red tape when trying to get things done on-campus or when trying to get help from the Bursar/Registrar/Financial Aid.
When I close my eyes the university that comes to my mind is New York Institute of Technology. Just by doing a small research, I was mesmerized by the achievements of the university and, moreover, by the success of the graduate students from this community. Its historical background, the ability of reflection upon a varied range of goals, traditions, cultures are things which can make any individual rest assured about the place they study in. Moreover, the wide range of faculties, the high-level standard of classroom facilities, creative, initiative, collaborative community and lessons are always dream of every student. I think New York Institute of Technology can make it come true.
I'ts only worth it if you dont dorm or if you have alot of scholarships. This school is too expensive for what you are getting.
The classrooms are small, which allows students to connect with teachers better. Even though it is in the city, they have many events to get students involved, and they offer many job opportunities for students in the school , an internships outside of the school.
Start Your Review of New York Institute of Technology
NYIT is a small school on a beautiful campus. Classes are small and it's not that hard to get the classes you want, but working with different departments and financial aid can be a pain at times. Food is better than people may think, it certainly isn't bad at all. As a commuter, social life seems rough, many students are friends with people from their dorms or have gone to school with classmates from high school. There are parties, but word does not spread, you have to be in the loo[ which is also frustrating. Sometimes they can be across the island too. There are a good amount of extracurricular activities but they do not cater to all. Recreation is definitely lacking.
I graduated from NYIT with a BFA majoring in computer graphics. I have to say the school was a bit mediocre at the time. The computer labs were good but the teaching philosophy was lacking. I did not feel prepared for the world of animation. Guidance was extremely lacking and ultimately faculty didn't go out of their way to help their students succeed.

I learned most of what I needed to from my peers. Also the labs were not always open at the times I needed it to be so I could get projects done in a timely manner.
This private school has a lovely little campus with great professors who really try to help you when you have trouble. Small classes allow for individualized help and many classes have reasonable to easy difficulty. The food here is delicious, the SAC has excellent food!! Best pizza place and fresh chicken and pasta! It is fairly easy to get classes you want and administration is willing to work with you. I didn't dorm so I can't tell much about that, but as a commuter student I found it easy to make friends and didn't feel left out. The area around the school is fun and lively, many buses are around campus to take you places. On campus they have nice events like Tuesday bingo nights that give out flatscreen tv's, and fun events like 'stuff your own pokemon.' Excellent school for a good education and price!