New York Institute of Technology - Manhattan Campus Reviews

Very efficient and effective admissions advisors. Overall admissions staff, Very helpful and responds quickly to email. Diversity of students motivates and helps with bonding and settling. Students advisors are on point and assist beyond the call where necessary.
Everyone at the campus tour was extremely friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Every minute was informative and engaging. Taking part on the tour helped me to see that NYIT was my top school. It was the best campus tour experience I have had.
its a small school and the campus life is not that fun. There isn't much you can do on campus. Some of the professors are not that good at teaching. There are more boys than girls
Start Your Review of New York Institute of Technology - Manhattan Campus
I really like this school and their architecture program. Of course, it's hard for me to stay in this school because they ask for a lot of money and offer no help. I barely have enough money for transportation and food. The teachers are great. Mst of them. There’s a few bad ones that can’t teach. The sports scene is very good. Especially the soccer and Volleyball teams, they win quite a lot. The students that come to this school are great people. There’s not that big of a diversity as so far, I’d say that 75% of the students attending are from the East like Bangladesh and other Asian countries. There’s not that many Caribbean’s attending. Of course, the school is in a great location. In the middle of Manhattan. Right across from Central Park in Columbus Circle. There’s markets all over. From food places to clothing stores to hotels. There’s plenty to do here even on a boring day.
I have spent 4 years at New York institute of tech. I can safely say that i have never experienced a financial aid/bursar problem at NYIT. I never dealt with a crazy professor. I have never felt in danger on campus. I learned and grew a lot at this campus! its great for medical students.
The experience was mixed I had a mixture of good teachers that cared and wanted to see you win and learn and then on the other hand I had a mixture of teachers who were only there for a paycheck and you can see that they didn’t like their job.
Overall, I believe New York Institute of Technology isn't quite the best College for Architecture. Our department specifically has limited amount of Professors with today's knowledge and I firmly believe's that's extremely important. With this being a technology school, most staff members are usually familiar with the ways they were trained and how they work at their main jobs. This becomes difficult when an adjunct Professor isn't familiar with the program they're presiding over for the semester and they're hard to reach after hours. The school as a whole has no real campus life to enjoy any of the other perks of being a college student to connect with your fellow peers.
I love the experience I have on campus and with the professors. Good environment, student life, a lot of activities and the Proffesora are so helpful
The major options are very accommodating and the location is superb, but the college lacks in many other key places, and it feels as if they are playing catch-up.
The classes and professors are pretty good. However, the office of the bursar and their financial aid department are simply horrendous, and I do not recommend this school simply for that reason, especially if your family has any special or unusual circumstances.
I was being billed for the Spring 2018 semester only to find out days before the semester was over that they thought I was enrolled for part time, and therefore, proceeded to tell,
"Hey, we billed you the wrong amount, so instead of playing $13,000 you have to pay $18,000."
The staff is simply negligent, especially the people running the desk in the Advisement and Enrichment center building, as I asked them multiple times if once my verification process is done that I would not have to pay anything more, and I was told YES.
The one saving grace in the entire financial aid department is William Wall. He seems to be the only decently competent member of that entire staff and is working diligently to help me in this situation.
I expected more from the professors side of things. Since the school is in the heart of Nee York, students expect more from the school. Not worth the buck you pay for it.
The college have good professors. The students I met there are very welcoming and answered all my questions. Overall, this college is great but I would like to see NYIT have a better campus.
Makes a good first impression for sure but you quickly realize how much this place starts to lack. Financial aid for HEOP students is excellent and for sure take care of you when it comes to academic and financial needs. But as for student life, it sucks here and lacks tons of huge clubs and events that bigger campuses may have. Very small campus and quickly run out of things to do. Not all classes are equal and not all 4.0 GPAs are equal. You can have the same math 141 classes but depending on the professor it's either a free 4.0 or a living hell of a class.
There are so many people willing to help you with just about everything, whether you want to work, have fun, network with others, they always have you covered. They don't have the greatest professors in the world, but a lot of them do have experience in the professional world, which is overall what I like about it.
NYIT has helped me become more involved on campus, it has allowed me to learn about the type of student I am. Although college is a tough road it is very important to be in a school that you feel that you belong to. I feel safe in school and I enjoy the people I encounter on a daily basis.
My experience at school has given me great confidence. Everyone is friendly. I love the military-friendly environment here.
I go to class and I go home. There is not much to do here. If you want to go to a school that is just focused on your studies, then this is the school for you. The area is convenient and theres a lot of places to eat thats around but the food on campus is not all that great. I just can not wait to get my degree so that I can leave and transfer somewhere else.
Start Your Review of New York Institute of Technology - Manhattan Campus
I wasn’t too keen at the thought of going to NYIT at first. It wasn’t until I was at orientation that I began to feel like NYIT was the right school for me. It’s got amazing people, all so diverse yet the diversity shapes us, rather than puts us against each other. The people I have met in my few months at NYIT have already made numerous impacts on my life.
New York Institute of Technology is a private institution that was founded in 1955. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 3,575, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 215 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. New York Institute of Technology's ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities North, 47. Its tuition and fees are $35,870 (2017-18).
For computer science majors they are very accommodating and constantly improving their system. They care about the progression of their students. Since the classrooms are small, my professors know me by name and face and when I have issues, can go to them any time I need to.