New York Institute of Technology - Manhattan Campus Reviews

I go to class and I go home. There is not much to do here. If you want to go to a school that is just focused on your studies, then this is the school for you. The area is convenient and theres a lot of places to eat thats around but the food on campus is not all that great. I just can not wait to get my degree so that I can leave and transfer somewhere else.
I wasn’t too keen at the thought of going to NYIT at first. It wasn’t until I was at orientation that I began to feel like NYIT was the right school for me. It’s got amazing people, all so diverse yet the diversity shapes us, rather than puts us against each other. The people I have met in my few months at NYIT have already made numerous impacts on my life.
New York Institute of Technology is a private institution that was founded in 1955. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 3,575, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 215 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. New York Institute of Technology's ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities North, 47. Its tuition and fees are $35,870 (2017-18).
Start Your Review of New York Institute of Technology - Manhattan Campus
For computer science majors they are very accommodating and constantly improving their system. They care about the progression of their students. Since the classrooms are small, my professors know me by name and face and when I have issues, can go to them any time I need to.
Pretty good overall experience, decent orientation, good campus, and teachers. Public transportation is hard to get used to, but it is necesary to get around in nyc.
It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience. It is a good experience.
I like that the school has plenty of resources to make sure you don't fail. So far it's been good service recieved from the financial aid office, and they are quick to help you. They actually recommended I start applying for scholarships here.
I hope more money and time gets invested in the the life science departments rather than mainly the Engineering and Architecture departments. The school is interesting, a lot of good professors, and lots of things to do in NYC. It's a nerd school though if you want to party go to a different school or the OW campus.
The best part about NYIT would be orientation. We've all been the new kid, and the first day of school is always the hardest, but that is what this school tries to do in orientation , its a two day event that lets us meet our classmates, and allow us to get to know them through fun activities. The first day of classes i did not have to worry about eating lunch alone because i had already made friends. Commuting from building to building to get to class was not a bother, the buildings are relatively close. The dorm rooms in the other hand are not close, you have to take a train to school and back. The classes were small, and most of the teachers i had gave great lectures, while others made the students confused. My favorite part about this college would be the library, because the library is where you will be spending your time talking, eating, or doing homework until your next class. NYIT also offers many events, broadway tickets , party events, and cruise rides.
I did a lot of internship, every summer in my high school I always will get an internship or job
I like to challenge myself by doing hard courses and trying my very best in it
The staff is very nice and really care about us. It just have a lot of population in small area.
I have no idea since we are located in city
So, here it goes the school is good for almost most of the reasons but few reasons are frustration specially for international students, plus major parts of our student body insist of internationals.
Fun, activate, Great Atmosphere yet challenging.
I have loved and hated classes here but I always learned something and the professors are great depending if you want to learn and do the work.
They do help you search for jobs, internships, etc. The classes are great and the professors offer to help but are strict on deadlines.
Start Your Review of New York Institute of Technology - Manhattan Campus
I mean it is New York City. There are places to eat everywhere you go !
You have to stay on top of your paperwork and meetings. There are a lot of students here and they usually don't keep up with everyone unless you go in and complain but they do listen and help you.
There is really not much of a party scene since we are a dry campus and located in the city. You would have to go out of your way to find something to do but it is New York City.