New York Institute of Technology - Manhattan Campus Reviews

The best part about NYIT would be orientation. We've all been the new kid, and the first day of school is always the hardest, but that is what this school tries to do in orientation , its a two day event that lets us meet our classmates, and allow us to get to know them through fun activities. The first day of classes i did not have to worry about eating lunch alone because i had already made friends. Commuting from building to building to get to class was not a bother, the buildings are relatively close. The dorm rooms in the other hand are not close, you have to take a train to school and back. The classes were small, and most of the teachers i had gave great lectures, while others made the students confused. My favorite part about this college would be the library, because the library is where you will be spending your time talking, eating, or doing homework until your next class. NYIT also offers many events, broadway tickets , party events, and cruise rides.
I did a lot of internship, every summer in my high school I always will get an internship or job
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
I like to challenge myself by doing hard courses and trying my very best in it
Review Your College
The staff is very nice and really care about us. It just have a lot of population in small area.
I have no idea since we are located in city
So, here it goes the school is good for almost most of the reasons but few reasons are frustration specially for international students, plus major parts of our student body insist of internationals.
Fun, activate, Great Atmosphere yet challenging.
I have loved and hated classes here but I always learned something and the professors are great depending if you want to learn and do the work.
They do help you search for jobs, internships, etc. The classes are great and the professors offer to help but are strict on deadlines.
  • Value
I mean it is New York City. There are places to eat everywhere you go !
  • Food
You have to stay on top of your paperwork and meetings. There are a lot of students here and they usually don't keep up with everyone unless you go in and complain but they do listen and help you.
  • Value
There is really not much of a party scene since we are a dry campus and located in the city. You would have to go out of your way to find something to do but it is New York City.
Not many options, but since the remodel they did add a bit more to choose from. The burger meal is probably your best bet, or the paninis if you like those.
  • Food
The atmosphere is great and the people are always really nice. However, it can be costly to live in the dorms.
The office people can be quite rude, but I killed them with kindness. It can take a while and the process is lengthy, but if you stay on top of things, you should be fine
  • Dec 14 2014
  • Value
They enforce strict dry campus rules. Students may do whatever they please as long as substances are not brought onto campus. They do not allow explicit, offensive and inappropriate performances during events. Their security with IDs could be a little better though since it is very inconsistent.
I hear a lot of good things about the Greek Life. They are very traditional but are very big on philanthropy instead of focusing on just havin parties. New York prohibits Greek Housing but when they have parties, they are still fun and the people are great. They try their best to help the community and are overall friendly, respectful people. They do not haze either.
Review Your College
It is only intramural sports teams for the Manahattan Campus but it is a good way to meet people and get involved. The teams success and level of playing can vary since anyone is allowed to join. If you are serious with sports it would probably not be too recommended but if you just want to be active and play your favorite sport well, then I highly recommend it.
There are many choices for food since it is in the city and the heart of New York. Food prices can range from $1-$13 depending on what you are in the mood for. Popular places to eat are $1 Pizza place, Burrito Box, Starbucks, Wholefoods, Chipotle, McDonalds, Wendy's, Delis and many more. There is a mall right next to the school and Central Park is right across the street. There is a YMCA close by that students get a discount at. The subway and bus are also right outside the school.
  • Dec 13 2014
  • Campus
You have a better chance at this school if you are in architecture, engineering, or computer science. If you are close to staff though, it can really help you get internships in any major. It's all about making connections and networking.