New York Film Academy - New York Reviews

I like the diversity found at the NYFA and the intensity of the courses offered there. It's one of the best film colleges out there
I don't think serious people would go to NYFA. The problem is no one comes to know about NYFA until they join their program. It is a money making business. They spend money in marketing and promotions. Please don't fall for this school.

They say everything is practical 'coz there is no real theories taught. All youtube stuff. Better buy a camera and lighting kit for that money and learn by yourself.
I love the New York Film Academy, i attended in September of 2017 for a short 4 week musical theatre work shop. I loved it that much that the facility there urged me to try out for there acting for film course. I am now attending September 2018 for there 1 year acting for film course.
Start Your Review of New York Film Academy - New York
the school is very good for acting but can be a bit pricey. Definitely would recommend this school in New York for acting.
Not good. It's not worth the money you pay. This is just a money making business. There is no valuable learning. You can learn more by watching Youtube or by owning a DSLR. Believe me this is 100% true. There is no worthy learning here. They have Canon %D and RED Scarlet cameras. Just for that one need not pay such a huge sum as fees. It's a terrible school. They run maximum batches with that single building at Riverside Dr. So sometimes your class may be at 10 PM in the night. For the same course, different batches have different syllabus, can you imagine that. Its all based on different faculty :o.. Not a single thing you learn than rolling a camera and editing it. Don't waste your money, buy a camera (DSLR) watch you tube videos. Believe me nothing more taught here.
I had really good experience at NYFA. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable in their field. They are also very helpful. I wish they did have career placement program. Program is very demanding and you get to learn a lot specially if you like learning hands-on.
The NY Film Academy has given me more opportunities than I have ever expected. And can't wait for what's to come!
New York Film Academy is the Life Experience I was waiting for my whole life. I never thought I will wake up every morning with so much enthusiasm to go to classes. I've been there for two semesters only, and I already learned so many things I can't even believe it. I love it, I couldn't be happier!!!
I would not recommend New York Film Academy for any program longer than 8 weeks or so. Really, I would not recommend New York Film Academy for almost anything. It is a for profit school that preys off the obliviousness of foreign students looking to come to New York for the "experience" of New York...without knowing that the school has a garbage reputation in NY and charges about double what other schools charge. It is only useful for the 60% or so foreign students who do not have a film school to study at in their own countries possibly so for those people it MIGHT be useful. For anyone from this country, actually trying to direct or act in film in NYC or LA...do not, do not, do NOT go to NYFA.
In acting, it's all about getting hired. The whole reason for attending NYFA is to perfect skills in order to land auditions. They are very good with helping me pursue my individual goals by shaping my individual techniques as an actress.
I am a very hands-on, learner, so the New York Film Academy is perfect for me. While there are traditional classrooms, the majority of the work follows their motto: "learning by doing."
As soon as I asked for more information online, I was assigned a personal admissions representative to walk me through the entire application process through housing, the essay, auditioning, and every other aspect imaginable. He called me every few weeks just to check in and was always friendly and happy to answer any and all of my questions.
I have had great luck with the New York Film Academy! I was mostly trained as a live theatre actress my whole life, but they're doing a great job of honing in and sharpening my skills to work for film and television.
Truly a once in a lifetime experience I will not waste! I love this school and all of the instructors!
At first I was told it was gonna be a very easy and light schedule to be able to pursue other projects, a job, internships, etc.. So I was given the estimate of an average class being from 9 am to 3 pm. They were very very wrong. Most days of the week it's 9 am to 7PM!! That's not enough time...for anything. Especially if they want us to wake up on time for classes the next day.
It's not actually TOO bad...just not your money's worth. It's easier to understand that you're mostly paying for the use of equipment, but it's still a lot of money for such little information.
A few good teachers but overall they're very aloof. Classes almost always end early because the teachers just said what they needed to say, didn't elaborate, and just dismissed. There's quite a variety of courses, I'll say that. And my class, personally, was gorgeously small. HOWEVER! It's pathetic that most equipment we needed was like...not available. Or they just didn't have it. You'd think a film school would have either enough props/camera/sound equipment/other stuff for AT LEAST the filmmaking program. But nope!
Start Your Review of New York Film Academy - New York
Gosh it's so horrible. It's a free-for-all. It's literally just a luck thing. No one's out to help SINCERELY. They'll help to the extent that they need to to keep their job, but...they honestly don't care. No career center. No employers on campus. No alumni network...
I personally have 3 friends from the whole school. That's THREE out of HUNDREDS. The students here are very angry all the time for unknown reasons. They're very competitive in the stupidest aspects. They're always trying to one-up everyone. Questions about things that were already discussed are frequently asked. Fights erupt out of the silliest things. Everyone is non-engaging and always is in a rush to get out of class and just go home. It's so bad.
*sigh* it's not all that great but not horrible. Teachers are fine, but get distracted easily and most are people who are still trying to break into the industry themselves. They'll teach you what THEY believe is the best method, even if it's something that would only work for them and not really anyone else.