New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts Reviews

Coming to New Conservatory of Dramatic Arts has been the best thing I ever done with my life. It has made me realize who I am as a person. It brought me clarity. I wouldn't change anything to school. The teachers and classmates are very fun and understanding.
Everything was as easy as pie. And even if you didn't know what or where to go you could always contact a staff member who were more than happy to help out.
Our school allows time in between classes throughout the week and that gives us time to get jobs and have a little extra cash to work with while we are there. It's been a very flexible schedule.
Review New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts
The school really shows you how to get work and how to be successful after the 2 years are over. They teach and we go with the skills and instincts that we now know.
We get to work with real professionals in their craft and study some of the best acting techniques from people who know first hand how to apply and use them in auditions and on stage or screen.
This school provides you with the tools you'll need to be successful in the entertainment industry. Not only do they provide great teachings from incredible actors themselves but also great inside tip on how to stay level headed and determined in this field. It's all very much appreciated.
Acting is all I've wanted to do since I was a little kid and actually getting the opportunity to study and learn from the best is something I will never forget as I move along in my career.
Being pushed out of your comfort zone can be terrifying but if you embrace the fact that it's the only way to get better and learn then it builds confidence and character. Everyone is so nice and encouraging and I respect everyone I've gotten to work with.
This school is really where you want to be today.
I didn't take any online courses.
The classes and teaching offered at this school are second to none and really make the process and stress of being an international student worthwhile. You have to be prepared to work hard and really try your best in all classes and also be prepared to give up a large chunk of your social life if you want to perform to the best of your ability. The faculty are always at the end of an email for help and support and it makes the daunting course work much more manageable and enjoyable.
The level of education and learning you receive from the faculty here is amazing, however as an international student it is very pricey and there are some hidden fees that the school don't mention until you get the bill for the semester. One thing I would like to see the school do is to make it clearer if there is an option to pay up fees over time or does it just have to be paid all at once. Exchange rates canbe a nightmare so be prepared!
The great thing about this school is the fact that people come from all walks of life. There are people there who are putting themselves through the course by working and not depending on parents, then there are those who have the luxury of being provided for by their parents. No matter what though, everyone comes together to really make the most of their time together and make sure that they have the best experience. It's an easy place to make friends for life and also a place to really discover who you are.
Student Area – The school itself is very modern and vibrant but it is rather small so it means there isn't a very big area for the students to hang out in. The library is new and I hope to see more advertising for it so that all the students use it and make the most of the resources being offered to them. it helps that there are vending machines and a microwave provided for the students, it helps when you don't have time to run out to the store between classes.
As an actress, it is very helpful to know that my professors are working professionals. They're helpful and know the business and are willing to train us.
Pray Pray Pray – The financial aid office is very helpful, but it's pricey. :)
The New York Conervatory for Dramatic Arts – My school is AWSOME! for one, they always have opportunity for the incoming students or, for the students with a couple years under their belt. from independent agencies to big time audition shots they have a wide range of equality for the aspiring actor. their teachers are working professionals(actors, Actresses) that are current in the business and know what it takes for the student to succeed.
Review New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts
Make Your Time Worth It – At the Conservatory, yes the tuition is expensive, but I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth. You have to just apply yourself and get the most out of it or it is a waste of money. But the teachers and courses are all very helpful and worth the money. I wish there were more opportunities for scholarships, but I am content with the financial aid.
Professional Environment – My school as a Conservatory, teach us how to participate in a professional environment from the start to get us ready for the outside world. We learn from the very beginning how hard it is to work in the acting industry and how to work with it. My school treats us like adults and teaches how to be in a professional environment.
The Difference Made – Through my audition process, they made me feel comfortable and at home.