New River Community & Technical College Reviews

So far, everything about to school has been impeccable. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Application process is simple, and scheduling was super easy.
I’m currently enrolled in classes to pursue a career in nursing. The application process was simple. The entire staff has been more than glad to help with any issue that arose during the application process. Scheduling was easy and they schedule classes based on your work schedule in order to keep you working while attending college. 10/10 recommend the school to others looking to further your education!
Faculity and staff are fast responding to emails and questions. They are willing to help you, and make sure you are ready for the future.
Start Your Review of New River Community & Technical College
Due to the virus, all classes are online for Fall 2020. Professors are quick to communicate and guide you through the courses.
It is a good school, especially given the low price. Most professors I have had are very knowledgeable and supportive. The business/financial department could definitely be improved.
Please do not go to New River.
Worst experience I’ve ever had/
They will accept your grants and scholarships worth over $10,000 when you hand in papers in person to the guidance counselor then tell you that you owe them almost 2k a few weeks later.
Don’t go there unless you’re wanting a dead end degree and want to go in debt for no reason.
I was belittled and spoken rudely by the advisor trying to re enroll classes as a returning student and refused after she said the deadline was Monday ( Today ). Don’t waste your time like I did, I could have been going to a University instead of this dump. I guess WVU wants my money more than New River.
Don’t go here! MLT professor will drop you from her program, even if she has to lie to do it. Had A’s, B’s and a C. She falsely accused a student the day before finals and got them kicked out. Ruined a persons career.
The princeton wv campus is really interactive and fun and most of the classes are pretty easy and you have an easier access to one on one teacher help.
I never expected the level of help and support that I would find at this school. Almost every professor I had was kind and accessible. If I was struggling with any classwork, I found it easy to get help. The same goes for the financial aid department, business office, and registrar. This place has an excellent staff and they do everything in their power to help you succeed.
My experience with this school has been rough. They would send me account statements saying my classes were covered by my financial aid, and every semester I would be purged from their online learning system and they’d demand money. I’ve ended up with student loans I didn’t need just because they want to make money off of whoever they can. The campus never closes for bad weather, so I would either have to miss class because of the West Virginia winter weather or be forced to drive on bad and icy conditions. If it wasn’t the only school close to me that offered my program, I would have transferred somewhere else. However, the instructors of my program were awesome, helpful, and very knowledgeable in my field. As great as they were dealing with the other staff and school still made out for a horrible experience to me.
New River Technical and Community College has been an excellent choice to expose me to college life. It is a small community school that offers one on one assistance and is not as overwhelming as a larger University. Also, because I am responsible for paying my own college expenses, it is much more affordable than what a larger college would be for the same basic courses.
i still owe money even AFTER my financial aid pays. how ridiculous.
its not really uncommon .
i love how they treat me! its like i have known then for years!
I didn't like the online classes. I think they are harder to learn no one on one and less help.
professors are all really nice and helpful. I like the one on one environment.
Lots of work but it will be worth it in the end. There's always someone to help if you need tho.
Start Your Review of New River Community & Technical College
very helpful and friendly. There is always someone there to help if you need it.
The tuition is not bad at all, because the quality of education received is just as good as a four year or more popular college. The minor fees such as technology and orientation are more than expected or they should be but that is the same at most colleges.
I have not dealt with transferring credits yet, but in one year I will see first hand. I have not had any problems with scheduling or overlapping classes. Most are offered more than once a week or online.