New Mexico State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.171 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.178 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.178 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities172 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies170 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering126 Graduates
Business Administration and Management93 Graduates
Foreign Languages and Literatures71 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.196 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.247 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.105 responses
New Mexico State University Reviews
New Mexico State University is a very beautiful campus in general it's very green, open, and the people made me feel welcomed. Staff are always willing to help students and make them feel like they're at home. Professors are approachable and are always willing to hear what you have to say. There's tremendously unique experiences that NMSU provides for students. Aside from experiences there's also different kind of activities and organizations where I can find a perfect match to what I like to do and people just get to collaborate with one another. There's over 180+ degrees in NMSU to pick from and just the fact that they had the perfect match to the degree that I wanted to pursue. A couple of things that I think the campus needs to work on is the dorms on campus, there's always something negative that's happening whether is the water, undistinguished smells, door locks. However overall it's a great campus!
New Mexico State University offers a variety of academics for all student interests. Although it's located in a relatively small town, its only a 40 minute drive from its sister city of El Paso. The campus itself offers different activities available for it's high number of students. NMSU also has a great international presence, making the diversity on campus a strong feature. I'd highly recommend NMSU to students who want an affordable, fun and calm learning environment!
I am a freshmen here at New Mexico State University and I am a student-athlete and living in the dorms. I love this university and everything about it so far. Everyone is super friendly and want what is best for yourself and is willing to help you. The diversity of students is extremely diverse here at the university as well as in the city itself. All my experiences have been pretty good except for a roommate issue I have been having and am still currently having. It is one of those "roommate horror stories" but only happens to about one in a million and I just happened to get the bad apple. Other than that I strongly encourage students looking at potentially coming here to visit campus, take a tour, and learn more! Aggie up!