New Mexico Highlands University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference
New Mexico Highlands University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.36 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.38 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.38 responses
Most Popular Majors
Medical Social Work121 Graduates
Business Administration and Management79 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching43 Graduates
Elementary Education37 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies25 Graduates
Health Teacher Education17 Graduates
Kindergarten and Preschool Education13 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.47 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.54 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.32 responses
New Mexico Highlands University Reviews
I received my degree via the online RN-BSN program. I had wonderful instructors who were very helpful and professional. The lectures were available to watch live or at a later time, which was very convenient. I was able to complete the program while working full time and maintaining a home life. I did not attend classes on campus so I cannot attest to the campus life.
Overall my experience with my academics has been great. I feel that I have learned a lot from my time at Highlands. I feel that my degree has value and that I have not only learned but have gained valuable experience in being a leader. I know that if I need help with my career I have people and resources I can use because I attended Highlands. My career center has allowed my to further my way into a career by finding internships and conferences that I could attend such as HACU which helps young Hispanic individuals. Overall my education has been lit!
Professors care and want you to be successful, the campus is a small little community and most people get along well, There are many things to do around if you are into the outdoors, and the town is nice, but it is small. People care about you!