1. 4 Year (Online)

New England College of Business & Finance Reviews

This school is a waste of time and energy. Professors don't help you and the staff doesn't offer any solutions either. Can't get in touch with teachers outside of occasional email and even then they MIGHT get back with you. Thought this would be a good chance for me to continue my education. Its not.
I haven't started classes yet but I gave the 4 of 5 rating because I have already taken a practice run at how the classes will look and "feel". Classes are easy to pick out.
Although I have not experienced the class structure yet, I am aware that the school is relatively small and the students who attend are career-oriented and have jobs and families.
Wish I could have given accurate review in regard to the professors but I haven't started yet and NECB has been so helpful and caring in my desire to continue my education. They have gone above and beyond in helping me with the finances, classes, transcripts, etc. I have gotten a very warm welcome and my advisors are awesome and easy-to-reach anytime I have a question or concern. It is affordable and easy to transfer credits from a previous school. They have been very encouraging and I have never had an issue with getting the help or tips I need. Definitely will recommend the school out to someone who is considering an online education. Thanks, NECB.
Working towards my degree at NECB has been very convenient. I have gotten school work done during down time at work, while traveling/vacationing and late at night when needed.
I prefer online courses over course held in the classroom. The peer-to-peer interaction is fully focused on the topic we are learning that week. The professors are also usually very involved through-out discussions.
I haven't hear much about a career center or job prospects being an online student.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Online courses make college do-able. NECB is constantly making updates to make sure their online program runs smoothly.
Since my courses are 100% online, I do not visit a campus. They do have many online podcast that assist with future opportunities though.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
I am majoring in Business Administration, concentrating in Accounting. The best thing is the amount of resources available to you, especially within the mathematical courses.
NECB made returning back to college possible, when I strongly believed that I wouldn't. Best opportunity I have ever taken advantage of!
I love my experience so far, I especially like being able to attend classes at a time that is convenient for me.
I've seen a difference in my ability to communicate through literacy.
I love how the professors constantly communicate with you, know you by name and seem generally interested in your success at the college.
I have had professors that were very involved, responsive, and committed to teaching. Unfortunately, I have had a few that weren't so good. One professor could seem to get my name right. That was extremely disheartening considering it was an online course and my name was displayed right there on the site. That was only one instance, but it has stayed with me.
Sometimes I feel like the professors are not fully invested in teaching. The workload and curriculum are good.
I haven't taken many classroom courses, but one advantage is the face-to-face interactions with your professor and peers. Although the discussion boards are good for interacting with your professor and fellow classmates, it's not the same as a live environment. Sometimes this results in misunderstandings. The flexibility of online courses meets me needs better, though, which is why I chose such a program. The workload is reasonable and comparable to a classroom course. Registering for classes is very easy and I have access to an academic adviser if I need help in deciding what course to take.
I am in the online program, which offers the maximum flexibility possible. Also, I was able to easily transfer credits from CFT courses taken previously that are ACE. This ability to transfer credits gave me a significant jump start on my degree program.
They was great about transferring prior credits
quality of education will afford me to work in prestigious company
  • Jan 7 2016