Neumont University Reviews

Been here for a year and not very happy with it. Classes are really easy, and most of the other students don't know what they're doing. Like they've never used a computer before.
I just started last fall and it's been a disappointment. The instructors are always unprepared and mostly part time guys that don't really know the subjects. Reminds me of most of my substitute teachers in high school - ha ha! Neumont lost its accreditation last year, so I want to transfer to another school. But none of them will take my credits (because Neumont isn't accredited as a real college). So mad. They were totally dishonest.
Instructor credentials: Most instructors I had there were temporary or imported from somewhere else. I had two instructors that were employees from the University of Utah. As for the permanent instructors, you can find all of their credentials on the Neumont website. The instructors are just that, they instruct you. They are not professors and are not academics. They are people who have worked and decided to teach on the side. I later find out that some of the teachers' education does not match what they are teaching. My business and information systems instructor has a bachelors in microbiology and an MBA from Western Governors University, an online college program that has a center in Salt Lake. One instructor has a bachelors and masters in business yet teaches about servers. Three other instructors have never studied anywhere except for Neumont.

It also doesn't help that the accreditation firm that the school uses has just been removed from the Department of Education's roster.
Review Neumont University
I lover every thing and nothing needs to change. I mean you can take billiards as you gym class. Oh and there are no sport teams so there is no stress of being told you should join.
Anyone with a Computer Science degree can get a job pretty easily, it doesn't really matter which school you go to. Neumont career services is a joke. It's like one guy that also teaches classes so he's not always available to help students. Employers that come to campus are mostly smaller local companies, not the big tech companies you would expect.
Since they only have one degree, they don't have much variety in classes. Don't expect anything unique.
Career services is lame, it's just one guy and he spends most of his time teaching classes. I guess they figure anyone with a Computer Science degree can get a job, so why spend time trying to help them. They have career week, but most of the companies that come to campus are small local businesses. None of the big tech companies come, which is a bummer.
Professors are really disengaged and seem overworked. Lots of the professors are part-time/temporary teachers that work for Neumont as a side-gig (they already work full time at other bigger schools). Overall, the professors just don't care that much, but I've had a few really good ones.
Anyone that has a Computer Science degree will get a job in today's economy, regardless of what school they attend. Real colleges/universities have better-developed career service departments. At Neumont its just like one guy that helps students look for jobs, but he has to teach classes most of the time so he's never available. What a joke.
Tech classes I took at my community college were better and harder. The professors at Neumont seem very disengaged with the students and don't seem to care. The facility is small, not enough classrooms.
Neumont isn't at all what I expected. It's really just a career college for people that couldn't get into a real university. I don't know how they can put "university" in their name and only offer one type of bachelors degree that isn't even recognized by most other schools. Now they're doing cheesy "boot camps" for career-changers. Doesn't feel like a real college.
Poor instruction by mostly part-time faculty that don't care about the students. When I met with the guy in charge of all the teachers he didn't really listen to my concerns and told me that I just needed to work harder. I really like the project based learning, but the school lacks a lot of hands-on tech gear. Their marketing talks a ton about how immersive the school is with tech, but it really falls short in reality.
Workload is really high and stressfull. I really don't like how much Neumont uses part-time faculty for almost everything. I'm in the Information Systems program and I feel like I learned more at my high school tech program.
I want to transfer to a different school that is less expensive, but my Neumont credits won't transfer to the state college I want to attend. So frustrating! The Neumont student service staff is really nice about it and understand my anger, but they can't do anything about it. It's just the way they designed the school. I wish I knew this ahead of time.
The people in this department are really nice and helpful.
Before coming to the school they really talked up the experience of the faculty. When it came to actually taking classes, most of the instructors are part-time and don't really know how to teach. A few of the full time instructors are super good, but I only got to take them for a few of my classes. The majority of my classes were taught by part-timers that have no connection to the school and they act like they couldn't care less about the students.
There is a huge demand for developers right now, so there are tons of job opportunities. But I'm pretty sure you would have the same job opportunities if you attend any four year school that has a Computer Science major. I wish I had gone to my local state college and spent a fraction of the money.
Review Neumont University
Neumont is great school full of hardworking students, the workload is high but i have we all have a great time. student housing is located near campus and there is always someone there to help you with anything you need. most registration documents are done completely electonicaly and sent through email, no hassle with paperwork
We don't have any gym or library but we have a ton of student staff and normal staff on hand for tutoring and help almost any hour of the day. We get a free membership to a gym down the street if we live in the tower and their is a public library not too far from here, maybe about 10 ish minutes.
The acceptance rate at Neumont is very high, so initially we get a lot of lazy and immature students. However, the intensity of the program quickly reduces the student body to a select group of hard-working, focused, intelligent, and enjoyable group. With that said, my school is still comprised almost entirely of the social group known as "geek".