1. Rochester, NY
  2. 4 Year

Nazareth College Reviews

The first thing I tell people about when speaking of my college, is the scenery. The campus is beautiful and well kept, and the location (in the center of Rochester) is perfect. It's a very small school, which is nice during classes, but since there are at least 4 other colleges within a 15 minute drive, there's always something to do. One thing that I think everyone should know about this college is that there is such a skewed gender ratio. In all of my classes, I have been one of maybe 5 (at the most) males with the rest of the students being female. I personally don't mind, but there are a lot of my girl friends who are annoyed by it. Overall, it's a cute little school with a lot of really good people, both students and staff, and I would recommend it to anyone.
Being a second-year student I can tell you that Nazareth College is an amazing and ideal institution, especially for the "homebody" type of individual.The environment around campus is also quite small so, this ensures safety. While all at the same time the city of Rochester gives you a big city atmosphere feel, but you can still find your way around, finding many activists to do. Academics here are are one of the greatest in NYS. Consisting of a small student to teacher ratio, allowing students to achieve the best possible and personal attention in a classroom setting. Also, the athletics here are competitive and fun! However, if your one who doesn't want to feel like they're stuck in high school... Meaning you dint always want to see the same faces and know everyone in every class, i'd say this isn't the school for you.
I love Nazareth College, it is my second home. Although not everything about the college is perfect, it has still been the perfect fit for me. The campus is small but beautiful, the academic programs are phenomenal, and the faculty and staff have been so helpful and supportive to me, especially when I went through the process of changing majors. I love the people there, both students and faculty/staff, they are like family to me. I appreciate all of the resources and opportunities that are provided to students. I love all of what Nazareth College stands for: respect for all persons, interfaith dialogue, and the importantance of experience being a part of education. I am so happy that I chose to attend Nazareth College.
This past semester was challenging, we had a lot to learn and our knowledge was constantly evaluated. The professors helped every student- based on their needs- to understand the material and develop-, no matter what learning style was the best for them. They were encouraging and enthusiastic when it came to providing the best, they could.
Nazareth has become a home away from home for me! I had a difficult academic semester but fared well ending with a 3.7; the hard work and class atttendance paid off. I enjoy the commnuity feeling of the campus and the surrounding areas of Rochester are welcoming to the students. I also have found that I enjoy the fact that the school offers variety and diversity. I beleive that the school is dedicated to their students' "wholeness, health, and overall well being". It is not ALL about your academic success but your overall growth along with personal maturity and life preparation. The advisors are truly dedicated to insuring you are on the right path and advise instead of tell.
I am thoroughly enjoying my studies, campus life, community programs and clubs, as well as the on campus activities.
I am grateful to be part of the Nazareth family.
I love the small class sizes and friendly faces around campus. Everyone is so friendly and it becomes super easy to make friends when you seye them every other day. The food service is good and very attentive to what students want. They send out surveys which will enter you for prizes which is really cool. There are many different activities to get you involved around campus. My favorite activities are the Grocery Bingo(playing bingo to get free groceries) and our amazing tickets for shows and concerts around the Rochester Area($5, if you can out run everyone for a ticket). I have made so many memories and amazing friends while attending these events and others. Nazareth was the perfect pick for me! :)
I like that the campus is small and the class sizes are not more than 32 students typically. I like how friendly the staff always are and how they're always willing to help you, if you need it. I'm in the nursing department and it is a tough major but the staff are always going above and beyond to make sure that you'll be successful in the program and their specific class. They all always want what's best for their students and they'll be straight forward and honest with you if you really need to hear something. Also, they're great to go to with non school related problems since they're all mostly RN's in my department and are good listeners. What I would like to see change would maybe be the the communication between some of the faculty members regarding some of the academic material. Also, I would like to see that the view of the nursing program be changed since people tend to say it's "easy" when in reality, it's one of the hardest ones at the college.
People here are very welcome, but they will try to form clics. The teachers will also work with you too succeed
Nazareth college has provided me with the most incredible opportunities. I chose this school because of its condensed six-year physical therapy program. The classes have been rigorous, thought-provoking, insightful, and rewarding. The professors are engaging and enthusiastic about their fields. My professors know me by name, and never once have I felt like "just a number" at this school. I have enjoyed being a part of the a cappella group "Fermata Thin Air", a part of residence hall council, and physical therapy club. Nazareth offers many employment opportunities for students. I have worked as an RA and as a fundraiser for the phonathon. The college emphasizes diversity, inclusion, and safe spaces, and promotes dialogue on controversial issues through group activities and guest speakers. Finally, I spent the last semester studying abroad in Ireland. I have learned from students from all over the world, and I have had experiences that I will never forget for the rest of my life.
Overall, this college is great. If you want a party you can find one, but if not it is easy to say in your dorm and hangout with friends. Unfortunately any party you want to go to is miles off campus.. no houses within walking distance. Faculty and staff are wonderful and really want to help. Of course, like any school there are a few professors that are frustrating. Small campus, but the most beautiful I've ever seen.
Nazareth is nice, it's a beautiful campus with wonderful professors that care and are invested in students lives. Unforunately it's not a very diverse crowd, but is fairly accepting and comfortable.
I do not know much about this topic because I am only a freshman but I head from other people that it is good.
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
The professors are passionate about what they teach. The class sizes are not too big or too small. There are many courses to choose from which is good.
I feel very safe on this campus and there are saftey services I know I can use if needed.
I like the dorm I live in except for the fact that people do not respect quiet hours.
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
I do not really know much about the sports here.
i like how there are activities planned during the week and the weekends for me to do.
Impressive D 3 sports selection for the size of the undergrad population. Lots of Golden Flyer team spirit!
Teachers and students have a dedication to learning from one another. Everyone is extremely friendly and inculsive. This small campus is working hard to become the best it can be and I'm so excited to be apart of campus life while the college is growing in size and also in opportunities.
I have only lived in Clocktower and it is a great place to live as a freshman and sophomore. The rooms are big and you share a connecting bathroom with the room next door instead of a communal floor bathroom. There are also two washers and two dryers on each floor of Clocktower and you don't have to pay for laundry. The only downside I found to living in Clocktower was that there was not as much socializing and it was harder to make friends than if you lived in an all freshman dorm.