Naugatuck Valley Community College Reviews

I started going to Naugatuck Valley when I was 18 for about 2 years before I took a long break. I completed many, many general education classes, such as Biology, Psychology, English etc. When I came back, I went through no troubles picking up where I left off. The Professors are great and the various staff in the bursar, registrar, and counseling areas are terrific and helped me immensely.
Naugatuck Valley Community College is a very well organized school and has a nice environment. Professors that I have had so far have been easy to make appointments with or contact. There are a range of all different classes available to take and the centers such as the career center help assist students with managing their credits and degrees.
The people here are friendly and willing to help. This college has alot to offer. Everyone is judgement free. It is cheap and many friends to make here. As well as activities for students to do in campus and out.
Start Your Review of Naugatuck Valley Community College
NVCC was a great start to my college career. I was able to attend school part time. I was most happy with the fact that my courses were taught my professionals in the legal field. This gave our learning a real world connection and helped me to grow my understanding and connect with people in the legal field.
Good college for completing general education requirements. On the downside, does not offer a lot of online classes and many on-campus classes are scheduled for times that do not allow for the attendance of working professionals. Difficult to complete degree requirements
I never thought I would go to a community college but in doing so, I have gained so much. It really is a community, a family. Many people look down on community colleges, saying that they are not "real colleges". Sure, NVCC doesn't have athletic teams or housing, and they don't offer degrees higher than an associate's. Yet, that doesn't make it anything less. The campus may be small, but it is beautiful. Did you know that they have 14 gardens? And they just opened a new building for nursing students. The professors are also your friends, they care about you here. I may not have planned on attending a community college, but I am so glad that I did.
This is a great starter college. It is affordable and local for most residents of Connecticut. It offers a great education with professors who care about you and want to see you succeed.
Naugatuck Valley Community College is great school to go to if have yet to know what you want to major in. The staff and most of the students are very friendly and kind. Most of the professors go beyond to help students out with understanding a subject. It is also affordable and you get more interaction with your professor in class. The campus is easy to get around. There is a free tutoring center with awesome tutors to help a student out if they are struggling.
I would like to see more student activities at the Danbury campus. Overall though the admissions office is pretty helpful in assisting its students.
came here to learn, not to party but the professors are alright just make sure to review them before picking up a class on rate my professor.
I liked the affordable price of the college. I also liked the free tutoring resources, and how they hold cool events sometimes.
Excellent school. Professors are really good and are extremely helpful to students. Would 100% recommend any student going here.
The college is very good, coming here was the best idea that many people have come up with and it was very much worth coming to this school. Most professers are really nice to work with and i would sign up for their classes if i had the option to.
A great place to start a college experience. Nearly all credits earned can be transferred to other schools. Advisers are willing to help. Professors are helpful and easy to talk to.
The professors across all subjects were friendly, helpful, and informative. I really loved the theatre program. Everyone was so friendly and we were like a family.
However, the administration and advisors could be slow to respond and that was frustrating at times.
The staff needs to be a little nicer. They are all so rude. A kind staff member or professor is an anomaly in this college.
The staff here is very attentive and the environment is comfortable and friendly. Naugatuck Valley Community College is a great place to start your college years.
Start Your Review of Naugatuck Valley Community College
Naugatuck Valley is an amazing school for those who don't know what you want to do with your future. I took a bunch of classes and found out I love communications and made it my major.
Excellent professors, great diversity of students, professors and subjects, and the food, while a bit pricey, is super good! NVCC is also extremely affordable, and I'm happy to be a student here!
It would be helpful if financial advisors and admissions officers could be reached at both the Waterbury and Danbury campuses, overall I really enjoy the campus and programs they have.