Muskegon Community College Reviews

I really like Muskegon Community College so far. The campus is absolutely beautiful. It is close to the bustling Muskegon Apple Ave., where you can go and study, or eat. The campus is full of diversity, and everyone is very friendly and helpful. I could not be more pleased with my experience at MCC thus far!
The only reason I chose to go here was because of the amount of credits that will transfer and the cost. The due process the college promises students is making them jump through a bunch of hoops until the student gets worn out, so the issue just "goes away". In other words, there are no advocates for the student. The counselors at the college are useless. Also, let me warn you that the Math and Physical Sciences dept. is a joke. MCC needs new authority and teachers in the dept., because the people they have there now cause a ton of problems for students, myself included. MCC is not a good place to meet friends unless you work for the college. I guess it's just how community college is: people are not there to socialize, but to do their business and leave. Overall I have met a couple life-changing professors and a bunch of professors who have caused me headaches. I would look to GRCC first. If not, use RateMyProfessors before making any decisions professor- wise at MCC.
Lots of great teachers here. If you want to do well here, you will have to work for it. Many of the students don't want to be here. The town is one of the worst towns in Michigan. However, this college is a great start for someone who is unsure what the future hold for them.
Review Muskegon Community College
Professors were fifty-fifty when it related to helping students understand the material given. I have had some horrible teachers that I would have dropped the class if I was not required by scholarship committees. However, some of my best professors have come from this College. Those teachers have taught me how to prosper under difficult circumstances and taught me life lessons, without meaning to. If I could change anything about this College it would be a program set up to help first-generation college students and transfer students. There is no guidance for either of these except a general counselor that takes 3 weeks to get in to visit; yet, they are little help with specific degrees. I love this college and am a proud Alumni; but every college has its issues.
After attending here for a few years, I really enjoy the smaller size which allows for a more personable experience. It's also easier to get from one side of campus to the other, too. Everyone is there to help you and guide you should you have questions and there's tons of places you can go for help like the tutoring center, which is free to students! They have helped me a ton this last year.
I have enjoyed most of the classes I have taken here; however I dread having to deal with any of the other staff. They usually make me feel dumb for no reason.
I have been attending Muskegon Community College for about a year now and so far I have had a good experience. I’m going for my Associates degree in becoming a Registered Nurse. I have had wonderful professors that have took it upon themselves to make sure their students are understanding the material they are teaching. Also, they make sure to direct their students to where they can find other help on the subject they will be learning. Attending MCC was a smart move for me because it’s close to home, have centers to get help on specific subjects, and actually have professors where they don’t mind going that extra step to help their students to succeed. For example, I have always struggled in writing and I have had two professors help me to become a better and more confident writer and I’m thankful for that. I will continue to drive in my field and Muskegon Community College is helping me to get there.
Muskegon Community College was a great choice. The staff and faculty are great and care about the students. There is a fair amount of programs to choose from and transferring from the school is easy. The tuition value is great and I believe its the lowest in the state amongst community colleges. This college is expanding by adding technology buildings and more. When society changes the school changes along with it meaning students will be better prepared to join the workforce or transfer to another institution.
Great environment but the campus is hard to navigate. Teachers are very willing to help and are always encouraging. This campus is ten minutes away and easy to get to from home.
Attending Muskegon Community College was one of the best decisionselection I ever made. All the professors were friendly and went out of their way to help you grasp the material. The bookstore was always understanding if there was a mix up of any kind and returning books and getting them was a painless process. The only thing that I could have benefitted from would have been a school map in the beginning to learn the campus rather than getting lost.
The teachers know their stuff and most are very approachable and very helpful. They welcome questions and respond to student emails in a timely manner. The online classes are very accommodating. Evening classes make it easier to complete a degree while working. The only downside to this college is that they accept everybody and some teachers make it too easy for students to pass classes without doing any real work. This practice leads to people in future careers not knowing the basics of their field.
I needed Fridays and weekends open, and I was able to do that while taking the classes I needed!
Business math has been extremely easy to navigate and understand online.
Unsure with professors, but great course selection.
Application was easy to access and I was quickly accepted and continued with the enrollment process
Councilors have been extremely helpful. Good course selection but my desired courses have been discontinued due to lack of enrollment
The schedule for classes has a wide variety to ensure that every student is able to take classes on a schedule that works for them
Review Muskegon Community College
I love taking classes online. They are convenient and easy to learn from. Everything goes by the pace you like to learn at.
The service office is extremely helpful with trying to get everything set to transfer to another school
The classes are small and very focused. The professors are constantly staying after classes to ensure that every student knows what they are supposed to be doing.