Murray State University Reviews

1,130 reviews
Murray State University has an amazing environment. The students and staff are very friendly. There are so many opertunities involved when you attended Murray.
I love how hopeful the staff is but I hate how they don't have better emergency plans for disabled students.
Murray State University is a fantastic place to learn and have your college experience. The staff is always friendly and helpful, throwing events for the whole campus to get together and enjoy. The professors are extremely involved in ensuring the success of your studies and even willing to make time in their busy days to make sure you are progressing successfully in not only their course but in your whole area of study of well.
One of the things that drew me to this university was the representatives that came to my high school when we had a college fair. The representatives were nice, outgoing and could tell you about any area of study they offer.It was extremely helpful in making a decision because they were very open to questions and even went the extra mile to get back to you if they didn't;t have the answer right away. Murray State goes the extra mile in everything to ensure your college experience is a positive one.
Start Your Review of Murray State University
I feel my school has great students and friendly teachers. It has really helped me decide what career I wanted to pursue.
My experiences at Murray is great. The community are very welcoming and nice. The campus is beautiful and the staff are very helpful to our needs.
This university feels small but has many opportunities. They have almost any program you could want and all the help a student needs to succeed in college.
I like the campus and how beautiful it is. The food has gotten a lot better as well. I do love how close it is to the lake and i love the games and wellness center it provides to ease the school stree.
I’m just finishing my freshman year at Murray and I am very happy with my decision to attend this college. The small class sizes make it easy to communicate with your professors and they genuinely care about you succeeding. This is a very friendly place!
I am a Senior at Murray State University studying Communication Disorders. I have loved my time here at MSU and have had a much better experience since transferring here. The community is small but the most friendly and polite people that you will ever meet. Our college has a lot of pride and President Davies is the best. He is very involved in the college community and the student's lives. It is not rare that you will see him walking around campus conversing with the students. One thing that I would change is the campus food arrangements. It is nice to have Winslow cafeteria and all of its options, but sometimes I wish that we had some chain restaurants to choose from.
Murray state was an outgoing place. There is a place fore everyone here and no matter the class everyone reached out to make new friends. Making Murray a very easy place to make friends. Pulling all nighters with a new study group for each class each semester was always fun.
It felt like home at times and the professors seem to actually care about the students, a 15 to 1 student:teacher ratio means that teachers will email students individually as to why they’re missing and will help with a solution.
The campus is great at making anyone feel like they are at home. I feel comfortable and safe here daily.
I honestly love going to Murray State University. The classes are challenging yet realistic, and professors really try to connect with you and help you in any way that they can to ensure that you understand the material.
I love Murray State with a burning passion! The community they've built on campus is amazingly homey and comforting. There are always people willing to talk to you and it's a smaller school so there aren't a million people on campus, which helps. When you come in as a freshman, you get to do great beginnings which is basically just a giant ice breaker and really helps to get you started in that homey vibe. A very diverse population on campus and so many services I probably don't even know all of them, including free counseling services and free gym.
I have loved my experience at Murray State! Through the rigorous curriculum and excellent professors I feel prepared for life after graduation!
The school is very affordable, but that is all it really has going for it. The school has a wide variety of classes with a fairly decent retention rate. Be weary of the food, as i have gotten food poisoning about 3 times.
Murray State University has a very friendly campus. It's so nice to walk around campus and be able to say hi to your friends. The professors are always willing to help you and they are at the top of their game. You're learning from the best here. There's something for everyone here. One thing I would like to see changed is the rule about guests after nine pm Sunday-Thursday. This is college, not high school and I think if you're paying to stay here, you should be able to have whoever you want, whenever you want.
Start Your Review of Murray State University
Not the worst but could be better. Buildings blow up from gas leaks and there's a lot of mold issues in the dorm and poor budgets for most programs.
The campus is fantastic, I utterly love it. It makes me feel at home and the students there are very nice and welcoming from what I've experienced. They have a great gym, a small class size, and lots of students:professor interactions. I highly recommend it to anybody looking for a great college with a good accounting or engineering program.
Murray State University is a very safe and positive university. All of the staff and professors on campus are kind, love their jobs, and are good at what they do. Student life is very welcoming and positive and there are always activities happening on campus to get people of all backgrounds together.