Murray State University Reviews

1,138 reviews
I love the campus and people are nice but the financial aid office is difficult to deal with sometimes especially when your dad died right before college started. The food is good, wish there were more options of food on campus like subway or McDonald or things like that. Over all it’s a great place!
Murray State is the place to go if you are looking for helpful, accessible, friendly people! Whether you are contacting an office here or speaking with a professor, you can expect quality conversations. I have been in three dorms, from the most expensive to an average, older one, and all three have been great! Murray State has become my home away from home and I am so glad I decided to come here.
Murray State University is a spectacular educational administration. The professors are wonderful. They consider Individual Education Programs for each student. I appreciate how much time the faculty spends making lesson plans that meet the needs of every student.
Start Your Review of Murray State University
I just started at Murray State as a transfer student from military college. The place is great. They provide a good transfer program where everyone who is involved is very helpful. The classes are nice with great instructors. Great student environment. Everyone is kind. The food is great. Overall a really nice place and I am glad to have picked it!
The campus is absolutely breathtaking. Everyone is very welcoming and the community is amazing! Everyone at Murray is there to support you and answer any question you have. As you tour around campus people say hello to you and make you feel like you belong there.
From my experience with Murray State, I would like to see the change of how admissions is done. I had issues with admissions due to the fact that my ACT score was low. I would like for the admissions to focus less on test scores because that doesn’t prove what a student is capable of and once I got accepted after an interview, i told myself that I wouldn’t want any one else to get in that situation. I want everyone to have the opportunity to learn and grow as an individual at Murray State! Overall though, the community is amazing and the feel of campus makes you feel home away from home. If someone is thinking about Murray State, I would definitely reccomend it for them.
Murray State University has great academics and student life. The people in this city are just so nice that they make you love living here! I have made some great friends whom I will never forget. My only complaint is the lack of things to do; however, it is easy to make your own fun with the people at this university.
A very welcoming college with so many friendly people. I was worried about a smaller university at first, but this campus came to be my new home in less than a week. I’m so glad that I picked Murray, because since I’ve got here, I’ve only been more determined to get my degree.
Murray State University has an amazing environment. The students and staff are very friendly. There are so many opertunities involved when you attended Murray.
I love how hopeful the staff is but I hate how they don't have better emergency plans for disabled students.
Murray State University is a fantastic place to learn and have your college experience. The staff is always friendly and helpful, throwing events for the whole campus to get together and enjoy. The professors are extremely involved in ensuring the success of your studies and even willing to make time in their busy days to make sure you are progressing successfully in not only their course but in your whole area of study of well.
One of the things that drew me to this university was the representatives that came to my high school when we had a college fair. The representatives were nice, outgoing and could tell you about any area of study they offer.It was extremely helpful in making a decision because they were very open to questions and even went the extra mile to get back to you if they didn't;t have the answer right away. Murray State goes the extra mile in everything to ensure your college experience is a positive one.
I feel my school has great students and friendly teachers. It has really helped me decide what career I wanted to pursue.
My experiences at Murray is great. The community are very welcoming and nice. The campus is beautiful and the staff are very helpful to our needs.
This university feels small but has many opportunities. They have almost any program you could want and all the help a student needs to succeed in college.
I like the campus and how beautiful it is. The food has gotten a lot better as well. I do love how close it is to the lake and i love the games and wellness center it provides to ease the school stree.
I’m just finishing my freshman year at Murray and I am very happy with my decision to attend this college. The small class sizes make it easy to communicate with your professors and they genuinely care about you succeeding. This is a very friendly place!
I am a Senior at Murray State University studying Communication Disorders. I have loved my time here at MSU and have had a much better experience since transferring here. The community is small but the most friendly and polite people that you will ever meet. Our college has a lot of pride and President Davies is the best. He is very involved in the college community and the student's lives. It is not rare that you will see him walking around campus conversing with the students. One thing that I would change is the campus food arrangements. It is nice to have Winslow cafeteria and all of its options, but sometimes I wish that we had some chain restaurants to choose from.
Start Your Review of Murray State University
Murray state was an outgoing place. There is a place fore everyone here and no matter the class everyone reached out to make new friends. Making Murray a very easy place to make friends. Pulling all nighters with a new study group for each class each semester was always fun.
It felt like home at times and the professors seem to actually care about the students, a 15 to 1 student:teacher ratio means that teachers will email students individually as to why they’re missing and will help with a solution.
The campus is great at making anyone feel like they are at home. I feel comfortable and safe here daily.