Muhlenberg College Reviews

Muhlenberg College is an amazing place to go to school. While downsides include the high tuition and minimal diversity, the advantages and opportunities you get along with the fantastic professors and students you get to meet make these costs worthwhile. You get amazing mentors through the professors here.
Had a fantastic four years here. The science programs are really strong. Out of my friends who graduated with science degrees, one went to UPenn for med school, one went to UPenn for veterinary med, one went to Uconn for dental and I went to UPenn for dental. They work really hard to help you get into the post-grad program of your choice.

I ran xc & track and field while at Muhlenberg and had a great experience.

The food is great for cafeteria food.
Muhlenberg is a great school with great academia, athletics professors, and campus food. Although the school could use some more diversity, student life, and especially parties.
Start Your Review of Muhlenberg College
It's a good, safe school that will get you a good job once you graduate. There are several good teachers who care a lot about their students. The downside is that it's very small and sheltered, so you will be limited in that regard.
Muhlenberg carries an atmosphere of acceptance and togetherness. It’s very hard to come here and not find a place where you belong. Our academics are challenging with a faculty that pushes students for greatness. While it’s no walk in the park, you can be certain you’re receiving the best education possible. Oh, and let’s talk about the food! 5 Star food and staff.
Muhlenberg is a great college for a certain type of student. Maybe one that needs the extra support and care that a larger school can not provide. Students work closely with professors, and freshman have great access to many additional supports such as student teachers and the tutoring center. Even the dean is willing to help students who may need an extra push. Muhlenberg's social life is interesting. There are many clubs, acapella groups and shows to see, if you seek them out. It takes effort to stay busy, but if you look for it, it is possible. Parties here are tame, and often get shut down quickly. You can often find a party at one of the sport houses on Friday and Saturday nights. Partying is definitely not the only option to stay busy as many people choose not to partake.
Overall, Muhlenberg College is the ideal place to earn a degree. The small class sizes allow students to cultivate personal relationships with professors, who are really passionate about what they do, and with peers as well. Sometimes it can feel small, but it also allows you to take advantage of so many opportunities on campus. The food is amazing, and the people are all so nice. Classes are challenging and rewarding.
I'm an international student and it's amazing that I decided to choose this one for all the support that I got from here has enhanced my studying abroad experience.
I went on a overnight visit to Muhlenburg for athletics, and fell in love with the campus, the other students, and the atmosphere that the college gives
The school at first doesn't feel like the right fit for you at first but it starts to grow on you once you find the group people you can rely on to make everything worth it. I am a student in color and I finished my first semester okay but the Emerging Leaders Program made it possible for me to feel like I belong in this school despite the high number of white students on campus. This school has a lot to offer but is all about how you use the resources to your advantage.
Go somewhere else. While President Williams is around the future is dull for Muhlenberg. While Muhlenberg will soon be a successful business, it will not be a business that respects its students or values exemplary employees.

It is great to see that culture and diversity are being taken more seriously on campus and that students are finding a voice, while this is a great change for Muhlenberg, The academic and social experience here is no longer what it once was and will fall short of any expectations that you have.

Students have risen in spite of the new president and I hope they continue to do so even if he is taking credit for successes that are not his own.
I transferred from another school to attend Muhlenberg College. I have been here for about two months now and I am happier here than I ever was at my old school.
Everyone is very nice and supportive, the professors are very interested in the students and their personal lives. Many different activities to do on campus or off campus. The people here are very friendly and there are always dogs on campus. The campus is a perfect size if you are looking for a small campus. Academics are challenging but worth it!
I enjoyed my experience at this institution. I would have liked it more if there were online courses available throughout the semesters.
Welcoming, generally academically rigorous, and (comparatively speaking) a good place to get a liberal arts education. Some programs are incredibly robust (theater and dance are always ranked within the top 10, and rightfully so), but Neuroscience, English, Psychology, and Biology have consistently produced significant research, jobs, and postgrad success in recent years.

It isn't cheap, but the financial aid office isn't out of reach, as Muhlenberg was the least expensive school on my shortlist of other small liberal arts colleges. Not a diverse campus and there's a sharp difference between athletes/science/business majors and humanities/arts students that can make Muhlenberg feel like two different colleges at times. Generally speaking, however, the campus has space for marginalized students and (I hope) continues to build on this diversity in the future.
I've had a horrible year at Muhlenberg College and am planning on transferring. I've been getting a pretty good education (although the classes are a bit too easy) and most of my teachers have been pretty nice, but the school itself is horrible. The campus is far too small and since it's not connected to any sort of city (It's separated from Allentown by a graveyard, and Allentown itself is not a very nice place to be) there's nowhere to get away from the school and no sense of community with its surrounding. The students can be HIGHLY cliquey, and don't interact much with people outside of their groups. The mental health and disabilities services are TERRIBLE. I have a lot of anxiety and it has been worse this year, but they've given me no help as they're extremely understaffed and overworked. These are just a few reasons as to why I'm unhappy here. I have many more. Admittedly, some people do seem to be happy there, but that hasn't been the case for me or many other people I know.
Muhlenberg was an amazing place to grow into an adult. I am currently in graduate school (at a substantially higher ranked school) and often question the wisdom of these rankings. The people that I went to school with at Muhlenberg still rank among the most intelligent, engaged, and creative people that I have ever met.
Start Your Review of Muhlenberg College
I am a really extraverted person. I love to party and have fun, but Muhlenberg is so boring socially. Academically it’s easy and it’s not hard to get an A. WARNING! do not come here if you want to have a stimulating college experience. Going to Muhlenberg is one of the worst decisions I have made in my life and I am so happy that I am not coming back sophomore year.
Friendly and accepting campus. Professors really take the time to get to know you and care that you know the material and put in effort.
Muhlenberg College is the quintessential small liberal arts college. Students and professors alike are excited to share their passions, and the school definitely lives up to the "caring college" reputation it has.