Mt. Hood Community College Reviews

Very friendly staff. I'd say 9/10 instructors excel in their teaching. I've had a couple that just completely left me behind, and 2 that were way too lenient in their teaching. Most are great. Pretty honest community. I've forgotten and left behind expensive stuff like my Phone, calculator, and even my laptop; all were turned into lost and found. Great Community College!
Very nice community and great aesthetic. A variety of programs and a very good array of activities. Only downside is the food options and surrounding area.
Mt.Hood Community College has made the process of applying, and registering super easy! Their online programs have allowed me to continue my education while working full-time to support my family.
Start Your Review of Mt. Hood Community College
What I like about Mt. Hood is that it is very diverse. Every student has their own journey and backgrounds.
Fun classes, but they would be better if the professors actually cared about the students and not just how much they were being paid.
I enjoyed Mt. Hood Community College because of its people and atmoshpere; however, when I tried to get academic advising for my career plan, I visited with a few different advisors that gave me completely different or insufficient advice. Getting help at this school was a little difficult, but overall it was an enjoyable experience
I graduated from Mount Hood Community College in 2008 and my experience there was amazing! I was in the mental health and human service program and administration and the instructors were wonderful!
Beautiful campus. Supportive teachers, good class selections. Free tutoring. A lot of the campus is outside, so you may get wet walking between classes.
MHCC's information technology professor came to my charter high school to urge us to enroll in MHCC's tech program. I loved the intro to web development class my school offered, and their partnership with MHCC allowed me to transfer over ten early college credits there!

It was only after attending MHCC's intro tech classes for a year that I realized I would NEVER truly "learn" anything. Their teaching format is outdated, or at the very least lazy, placing the entire burden on the student by requiring them to buy expensive textbooks that "teach" you the subject matter in a written format. "Move the cursor between the left and right bracket to..."

Am I learning? No. I'm copying from the book onto my code.

Out two grand (but that's the plan right?). Waste of time, poorly run school.
I have had a great experience with MHCC. Between ease of registering for classes, financial aid help, help from advisors i have been able to be successful in my education.
It is a great college to get the education you need to go on and transfer but the required core classes professors do not really care as much as the classes for your major
The school lacks any resources for students who have no financial backup, as well as no educational road map. The advisers do not assist the students in the way they should. They are unaware of what majors or classes should be taking. Their refunds also lag extremely, and there are many calculation errors for financial packages. The teachers also cancel frequently on you and yet your still required to pay for a class that you barely went to due to the teachers.
I enjoy attending Mt.Hood community college because everyone seems so friendly and willing to help each other. The school has many programs to offer and provide tutors for students. They also have tutor for ESL students in AVID center and help students with their homework. The only thing that I want to change is the prices in the bookstore. Everything's too expensive for students. Especially the text books. This term I have to borrow my friend's text books because I couldn't afford them. My friend took IECC120R&W last term so she lent me her text books.
After going to this school for year and a half so far, I think it is a really nice school with good people. They support diversity and inclusiveness while the teachers work hard to ensure you get a great education.
For a long time now, people have downplayed community college. It wasn't something most people discussed post high school. Most assumed you would be going straight into a university. The beauty of community college has been overlooked. My experience with Mt Hood is remarkable. I have found that the staff and facility have been a conducive learning environment. Not only is everyone incredibly helpful but also, encouraging and available. They want nothing more than for you to progress and move forward. For that I will be eternally grateful. High marks to this facility.
Mt. Hood is a great school class sizes are pretty good and if you get a good professor then you will do great. Student services and advisers are great.
The professors are really great and can connect with them one on one easy. The teachers make the classes interesting while we learn.
Start Your Review of Mt. Hood Community College
A really nice community of people and a very clean and beautiful campus. The professors I have tend to provide great information in their lectures and let you know exactly what to expect on an exam.
The college strives to meet the needs of everyone who attends classes here. The diversity in the type of classes is large and it is easy to find what you need. The one thing I would change is the college's internet and computer system. The computers in classrooms and labs are on the slower end of basic windows 7 computers and the college's internet is not strong enough to support the workload put on it by those computers.
I love it here! Everyone is really nice and the instructors are great! There's many majors, certificates, and programs available to choose from and Mt Hood also has great resources to help students and the community. I'm really glad I attended Mt Hood.