Mountainland Applied Technology College Reviews

I was a good place to learn new skills and it was very hands on learning. The only trouble I had was that my online student account gave me a lot of trouble and I could never access internet. Other than that I really enjoyed attending MATC.
The professors I've encountered are pretty great which a positive but a negative is my school is a public school and isn't tge main public college/university in this state so there isn't a library to speak of so that's dissapointing.
My major is machine tool technologies and the program at my school is great. The program has sufficient training in all aspects of machining but also has some flexibility to allow students to spend more focus on subjects that are more difficult to the individual students.
Start Your Review of Mountainland Applied Technology College
The small classes are small and everything so far has at least met but most things have exceeded my expectations.
Sizes are great and the professor of my program has a couple decades of in feild experience so he really knows what he's talking about.
In my program a couple of the people on the board that decides what is taught and how are actuall owners of local machine shops so they are on the forefront of current practices. As far as the employability goes, managers from machine shops around the valley come and try to hire current students because they want MATC grads in this particular feild.
I'm a little uncomfortable trying to rate this subject because this college is the only one I've really been a serious student at so as it concerns comparing it would be unjust because as far as I know it could be the best or worse. As a stand alone though, the value is great because it teaches things that are very useful to the career I'm trying to start.
The campuses are spread out and the one I take my courses at are in a smaller campus which makes things cramped even with the small classes but it's not all bad because the smaller campus means things like the people in the book store and a some of the teachers (who don't instruct me) know me on a first name bases.
even though i dont like the organization very much i would choose it again because it was the best option i had, it was cheap and i needed a career as soon as possible.
we do not have online courses, everything is in the classroom.
i need to have a career to pay for my schooling and this was a good option.
it depends on the teacher and how prepared she/he is, but for me my teacher is a good teacher and she will prepare us well for the job we are going to do.
i think that the tuition is great and cheap and that the financial office is doing a really good job.
teachers are flexible and they try to help you with the situation you are going through but the administration is not flexible, if you miss 10 days you will get suspended for 3 months and have to pay half of the tuition when you come back, they don't understand reasons, even if you have to go to a funeral and have to do legal terms, they wont let you pass that.
students at the facility are really nice, and they would help you if you need anything, there is a lot of diversity, lots of religions and lots of races. i love being in a classroom where everyone can feel comfortable with their classmates.
i think classes need to be more organized with their classroom, because they will try to help you but not be able to help sometimes due to the amount of students in the classroom doing different things at the same time. the school should do a class where all the students where in the same page and graduate all at the same time.
Start Your Review of Mountainland Applied Technology College
the labs are really helpful, you can print any school material and not pay for anything and you can study there. i just think that they have good system and a really good internet speed.
Its definitely more difficult than i thought. Our homework is not something you can take home and finish, you have to do as much work as you can while your there. If you start slacking behind than you stay longer than your graduation date to finish up. While your there, you work 24/7 or suffer the consequences later.
It was difficult at first. Fast paced, especially on a busy day. I found it difficult because i was attending high school at the same time, but when i return i know i will be a lot more focused.