COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
In response to the outbreak of a 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Mount St. Mary’s University is continuing to take proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of our community. Learn More
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB-
Mount St. Mary’s University graduates ethical leaders who are passionate about learning and who go on to lead lives of significance. The Mount is a private, liberal arts, Catholic university located near the Catoctin Mountain in Emmitsburg, Maryland, with a satellite campus in Frederick, Maryland’s second-largest city.
The Mount was named No. 1 for job placement in Maryland for 2018-19 based on US Dept. of Education data. Mount St. Mary's University has helped 98% of its graduates develop the skills necessary to land a job or attend graduate school within one year of graduation. All undergraduates combine a shared liberal arts curriculum with more in-depth courses in their fields of study from more than 70 majors, minors, concentrations and special programs.
With 22 Division I athletic programs, 70+ clubs and organizations, and hundreds of events on- and off-campus each year, there’s always something to do. Visit us online at msmary.edu and find out how you can live significantly.
Mount St. Mary's University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.62 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.65 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.65 responses
Neuroscience at the Mount
From Synapses to Self. The Mount takes an interdisciplinary approach to training future neuroscientists who can apply a broad-ranging skill set to address problems whose resolution would enhance the human condition.
- of students say they don't have Greek life.72 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.102 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.45 responses