Mount St. Joseph University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.16 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.21 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.21 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management34 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities26 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services14 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management13 Graduates
Organizational Behavior Studies10 Graduates
Early Childhood Education9 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.23 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.23 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Mount St. Joseph University Reviews
The Mount has a strong feeling of community, however many of its departments, including Liberal Arts, are incredibly underfunded and have felt the hurt of budget cuts. The Mount has a lot of potential, however I feel as though it has many departments and clubs, outside of the D3 athletic department or the nursing department, that need to be fostered and provided the opportunity to grow. The inability to specify whether you want to have an English, History, Philosophy or Religious Studies major, has hindered the education of those who have had to settle for Liberal Arts. The education at the Mount has a foundation of a Liberal Arts core curriculum, thus leaving its majors feel as though they are left with general study.
Mount St Joseph University is an exceptional institution overall and is worthy of praise in many regards. First and foremost the university prides itself on the achievement of academic excellence for its entire student body. The curriculum is varied, interesting and is engineered to maximize the character and well roundedness of its students. This quality of academic achievement is made possible only by an attentive and caring faculty of professors, many of which are expert in their respective fields. Student life at the university is also exceptional. All incoming students are welcomed warmly. The helpfulness of the staff is remarkable considering the fact that each professor is ready and willing to sit one on one with students for discussion. One shortcoming of the university, however, is that, even with its veritable course selection, it offers but one foreign language, that being Spanish. Personally I would have enjoyed a more wide ranging selection of languages.
I like the atmosphere and how friendly everyone is, as well as how approachable and helpful the professors are. I would enjoy the university much better if there was a larger variety of food choices on campus!