High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.47 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.54 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.54 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management48 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities42 Graduates
Clinical Psychology30 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies29 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services24 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.79 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.98 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.38 responses
Mount Saint Mary's University (CA) Reviews
Mount Saint Mary's University is an amazing place to receive your education, but you MUST take full advantage of ALL the services it provides to students. It is a small school with 20-30 students per class (usually less for more specific classes). These class sizes make it possible for you to be acquainted with your professors. Students may be hard to get along with in certain groups, but once you find your niche, you're A-Okay! IT is EXTREMELY expensive, so please find ANY free money you can. You WILL pay for everything not included in your academic package (meal plans - even with housing, parking [you'll save $50 with the semester package], books [some business classes REQUIRE online supplementals costing about $100], etc). With all the money you are spending, there are free services (peer-tutoring for specific subjects, professional tutoring, resume help, career development planning, psychological services, borrowed calculators, etc).
Mount Sait Mary's provides the perfect environment for students who are career focused. Professors and Administrators are good at helping students figure out what they want to do in life and learn how to apply their skills to realistic careers. The class sizes are small compared to other universities, and the students are constantly setting up small community building events on campus. MSMU offers a variety of services for their students at times that fit with their busy schedule. One of the most valuable experiences I have had at MSMU was the Commuter Mentor Program. This program allows for you and another student to be paired up as an intro to college help. The mentor is typically a second or higher year student and is always available for questions and concerns an incoming freshman may have. Overall rating 4/5!
Well, where can I start! Mount Saint Mary's University feels like home away from home. I am live at home still but it feels like a safe place where I always feel welcomed! You can trust any of the staff or campus security if you're having any issues around. There are many resources to help with your classes and work. There are jobs available on campus. If you have any financial issues the offices are glad to help you. This school is for anyone and everyone trying to create something greater in life. I am really proud to be an MSMU student!