1. Newton, MA
  2. 4 Year

Mount Ida College Reviews

i am planning a tour and so far what i heard about it and the research i did, I'm highly impressed. it has my major of psychology and it seems like a big opportunity for me to study in this facility and capture my dream as a life coach.
The school is good academically but if you have the option, do not live on campus. The people here are rude and disrespectful. Pay thousands to live with a bunch of animals. RAs and Res Life do not help at all. It is a small campus so there isn't much to do but it's nice that the city is so close. Not worth it if you are going for a more popular/common major found in other schools.
My experience at Mount Ida College wasn't good. There is not much to do here other than come back from class and watch sucky sports.
This school offers exceptional programs and offers the kind of diversity that students want in a school i highly recommend attending or at the very least applying to mount ida believe me this is a upcoming school with lots of student life from within the student body.
it was a really interesting college to go and see. i would definitely love to go here. the campus was really nice and the location was perfect.
Mount Ida College is located in a safe area in the town of Newton. It is a small campus that entails a tight knit community between faculty and students. The professors are here to help you be successful. There are free tutors and peer mentors on campus ready to assist if you find yourself in need of help. Everyone is really friendly here you can't walk to class without someone saying hi or asking how you're doing.
So far it has been a good experience and I'm looking forward for the rest of the time I have here
In my program we have a great number of places that will take us for internships. It will be very easy to get into an internship that I want.
  • College Junior
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Some of the professors in my field also work in the field so they are up to date on what is happening in the field.
I feel pretty safe walking on campus in the dark. I do worry sometimes when someone is near. I try to walk with a friend when possible.
I don't always get the best roommates. I am going into my junior year and I did not get the housing I wanted.
I am not a huge sports fan. I like soccer. I ran track and field in high school but they do not have it at my college.
My professors in my field also practice in the field so that makes them very knowledgable in their teaching. It is very relevant to the real world.
The parties on campus is pain, always on Thursday, which not helping for people who study and don't parties.
The registration process that everyone agree is pain in butt, but other is good.
We all take care of our diversity but there few places/people not acceptance.
The peer pressure is common in world so there no different.
The safety and security is safe to feel partly home. But sometime it not enough at night on party night.
The classes is great, most teacher is good few are struggle to work with. but overall it normal level I expect.
The quality of career center service is only places I want it to expand because it only focus to local area not students' home states areas.
  • College Sophomore